Why is it Every Time We Beat Miami...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Oct 16, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

...they never give us any credit? it's always "we were the better team, they shouldn't have beat us, we beat ourselves, they didn't impress me..." type quotes from dolphin players. I know it must be frustrating to lose to us nearly every time we play but can they show some class at least once?

Since 1998 the Jets are 13-4 against Miami and are 8-1 at home.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Because Dolphins fans are fags :grin:

3. nyjunc

I am not talking about the fans I am talking about the players.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Because they believe their own hype. Bottom line is they are 1-5, and their season is a disaster so far.

Anyone else notice Taylor storming back towards the bench like a spoiled bitch after Mare missed the FG? :)

TBTF

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

To some degree they were , they just didn't execute well. I said in the game thread last night :)drunk:) that we did enough to win it and they did enough to lose it.

I wonder if Harrington will start again. Hes certainly an improvement to Culpepper , IMO

6. rillo

rillo New Member

Anyone else notice Taylor storming back towards the bench like a spoiled bitch after Mare missed the FG? :)

TBTF[/QUOTE]

damn no i missed that.....LOL They never give us credit @ all, if it wasnt for our defense it would've been a blow out....Now hopefully we can ruin their christmas....LOL :finssuck:

7. bird_1972

bird_1972 New Member

They're fags, too.

8. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Taylor at least congratulated us. That's as close to credit as we'll get from him.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Maybe it's a Florida thing.

The Jaguars didn't give the Jets much credit after the 1998 Divisional Playoff Game.

After the game, a slew of Jaguars claimed they were the better team and that the Jets just got lucky in the 34-24 New York victory.

Yeah, right.

10. nyjunc

jax was lucky they got that inexcusable bomb at the end of the first half or they would never even have gotten w/in 10 pts of us that day.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Exactly. Before TGG I used to write all my football comments in emails to friends. My big thing the Monday and Tuesday after that game was the Jacksonville comments. I noted how Jacksonville "got lucky" with that play at the end of the 2nd quarter.

12. nyjunc

That play was so frustrating, it gave jax some life and made us sweat a little bit late in the game. That and the KOR that got jax inside the 5 later in the game. i think the KOR happened after we scored to make it 24-7.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Why is it that everyone comes here bitching even after we win a division game against our hated rival? Yeah, we went into a prevent and almost lost, I wasn't happy about that either, but we stopped them in time to force them into a low pct FG attempt and won the game.

If there are no moral victories in the New England and Indianapolis games--which there aren't--there shouldn't be this much bitching on here today. It goes in the W column. We're 2-1 in the division, enjoy it for a change.

14. BenGrahamFan

BenGrahamFan Member

Because they are and always have been sore little babies

15. baamf

baamf Active Member

:grin: I don't know, that is some really forced congratulations if you ask me...

"The Jets aren't a better football team than us," Taylor said. "They played good today, they won the game. Congrats to them. But I can sit here after every game we've played and give you those three or four plays where we shoot ourselves in the head. It's ridiculous and we don't deserve to win. You do those things, you don't deserve to win."

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

huh? thanks for the sermon, but what does that have to do with Dolphin players whining? how'bout laying off he agenda and the preaching and just participating in the conversation underway.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Just an overall comment on the board, I didn't feel like making a thread just to say that. Sorry if four sentences seems like a "sermon" to you, maybe you should try coloring books instead of a discussion board.

I could give a shit what the Dolphin players or fans say, to be honest with you. Junc is such a good guy I felt like posting in his thread anyway. :up:

18. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

They all whine.....Jason taylor says "there are some good people in new york, and the rest are jets fans."

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Maybe it's because the kool-aid atmosphere that surrounds the Dolphins is a product of the player's inability to smell the roses? For a long time I thought it was the Dolphins fans that were the issue, but you're right, it's people like Jason Taylor who can't beat the Jets and also can't keep their mouths shut that have perpetuated the myth.

I lost my fear of the Dolphins for good yesterday when they were in the process of allowing Chad and Coles to beat them singlehandedly in the second half. Coles was wide open on a 3rd play also and Chad just missed him.

The Dolphins are just a sad, rag-tag team at this point and it's not going to get any better for the next few years.

20. John127

John127 New Member

Well, yesterday Miami really did self-destruct though. Did you forget about the dropped passes (like 5 of them), a dropped INT, poorly thrown INTs? Not to mention Saban's ludicrous play calling including his decision to not run the ball 90% of the time in the first half - such bad Miami coaching yesterday . While there was at least fight in the Jets, we're lucky Miami was so bad yesterday, seriously.