Miami to Make Strong Push for Ndamukong Suh

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Mar 4, 2015.

1. FriendlyDolphin

Not sure why we would go for a receiver in this FA unless you suggest giving maclin a 11-12 m contract when we can draft a top 3 WR in the draft. But no winning team would settle with odrick at DT. He's solid at run stopping but can't get after the QB. Don't make it out like he's some top prize. Our inter line collapsed last season.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

6 of Brady's games will be against: Wilkerson/Richardson, Wake/Suh or Mario Williams/Dareus/Kyle Williams. I hope this spells the beginning of the end for him.

Axel3419 likes this.
  3. FriendlyDolphin

Should make father time a little easier to creep in.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

We can maybe get devante Parker who is a big drop off from Kevin white and cooper. I'm not so worried about wr though as Landry is good and tannehill had less to work with his first year. He needs to get better at his pocket presence

5. FriendlyDolphin

But better than landry easily in terms of college production. That being said Wallace,Landry, and Parker? I'm good.

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

No they didn't. Go look at the McCoy thread.

And trust me, no player is going to magically make Jason Trusnik into a good linebacker.

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Who knows if Wallace will be here and/or motivated. Tanne can't hit him deep which is frustrating

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

That's a massive contract for Suh. Great player, but he's not JJ Watt. He'll still be very good for the Dolphins though. Does anyone know where this leaves the Dolphins from a cap standpoint once this becomes official on Tuesday?

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

His cap number gets higher as he gets older

10. FriendlyDolphin

I'm pretty sure he's staying at this point but wallace isn't the one trick pony he use to be. Don't need to hit him deep to still produce 10 TDs.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Dolphins only had 9M going in so they are going to have to be crafty or cut some big salaries.

12. FriendlyDolphin

If today was the beginning of the new season he wouldn't start and would be behind misi,jenkins, and ellerbe. Ellerbe would hopefully produce like he did with the ravens only a better d line now with suh.

that being said people assuming this is the final roster without the draft existing is pretty ridiculous.

We got more than good starting WR and RT last year.

#92 FriendlyDolphin, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  13. FriendlyDolphin

Unless we structure we backload his contractor signed him to a nice bonus signing fee where he'd only hit 5-7 mil in the cap this year.

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

First, his cap hits now aren't even close to what his cap hits were under the old Philly contract. On his old Philly contract, his cap hits STARTED at $12 million. In his new contract, his cap hits will mostly be $5 and $6 million, and the highest he will ever get is $8 and $9 million.

Second, because they are giving him all of his guaranteed money up front, they can basically cut him before his cap hits get that high. It's a perfect contract if you ask me. His salaries are like $2.5 million.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Didn't we cut Ellerbe

16. FriendlyDolphin

No that was wheeler. we were trying to trade him.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Fins are going to have to frontload the deal with a good signing bonus and then guarantee some money down the road. I expect Suh will have close to $50M guaranteed overall.

18. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Look like Tannenbaum has already started. You think he would have learned his lesson about the cap with the mess he got us into. He was a big reason why we made the AFC Championship games 2 years in a row, but he is also the reason we haven't made the playoffs since.

I guess if you are the dolphins and haven't made the playoffs anyways, you don't really have anything to lose. Enjoy the fun now dolphins fans. You will be blowing up your team in a couple of years.

19. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I'm scared of what Wilkerson and Richardson are going to want now after the Suh contract...

20. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

$19 million a year.

Holy. Shit.

NYJalltheway likes this.