Harvin Won't Take Pay Cut: New England Interested

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I spent half a thread talking about David Rivers a couple of seasons ago. Sometimes something gets stuck and you just can't let it go. :)

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

This is what happens when an artist tries to talk about math. I give up, if anybody wants to know anything about vector graphics I'll be in the corner trying to salvage my dignity.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  3. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Listen to this guy, someone might want him, but not $10 mil worth.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

One of Idzik's fabled disasters.

Idzik's teams, in retrospect, lacked direction. Tanked a season too late. Good thing he cleared the cap - that's the only thing he did well.

His drafts were train wrecks. Holy shit. His FA pickup? It won't surprise me if somebody declared disaster relief in New York.

FlaJet likes this.
  5. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

NE always has enough money to stick it to the Jets. Most of you guys don't get it anyway...do you? BB will make a move as often as he can that serves a dual purpose. If he can make his team stronger AND in the process weaken his opponent? You can bet your A$$ that's what he's going to. John Idzik never understood that and it's one of the biggest reasons he should have been fired. Neither did Woody Johnson and that right there is the sign of incompetent ownership.
    Revis became a big problem for Bellichick and now (and in one move) he's an asset to the best team in the division. He also stuck it to the Jets in the process. You guys just don't understand our ownership sucks, our coaching staff sucks, and even our fans have no idea how to see the bigger picture.

6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I would sign him to what he wants just to keep him out of NE... Who the fuck on the Jets is gonna run up and down the field with Harvin?

7. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

It's only a pay cut if it comes from us. He's effectively saying if we won't give him at least 10.5mm he wants to see what he gets on the open market, even if it's less.

Regardless, I don't think he's worth the higher pick or anything north of $6mm. I know we are desperate for playmakers but let's not forget he is also injury prone on top of being expensive. He's just not worth it. If we still feel enticed enough to take a top tier WR like Cooper or White in the draft even if we have Harvin, then what are we paying him $10mm for? Do we really need a Kevin white/ Harvin / decker /Amaro /Kerley receiving core right now?

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I agree; and I'll take it a step further.Would anyone be shocked, if we found out after he retired, that Brady accepted below market salaries to afford the Pats additional cap room, in exchange for a lucrative lifetime position with the Pats? I understand that he wants to win, but what other player in any sport, chose not to maximize his compensation based on his true market value?

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I posted this in another thread but it makes more sense over here. These are just a few examples and yes Harvin may have been injured more than some of these other guys but that all falls in, if he's not on the field he is not producing. Harvin is a dynamic guy but it's not the end of the world letting him walk, look at his production, Hartline has had almost the same success since 2009...would you trade a fourth round pick and sign Hartline to 10.5 per year? Yes Harvin is obviously better than Hartline but on paper, what they have produced on the field is not a whole lot different be it because of injuries or production it all has to factor in. 6 years is a good amount of time to collect averages.

Since 2009 Harvin has 4,687 rushing and receiving. 781 per yr.

Since 2011 Cobb has 3,301 rushing and receiving. 825 per yr.

Since 2006 Marshall has 9,889 rushing and receiving. 1,098 per yr.

Since 2009 Brian Hartline has 4,308 rushing and receiving. 718 per yr.

How do we replace Harvin's production as a WR/RB type gadget player For a fraction of the price? How about this:

Since 2010 CJ Spiller has 4,516 rushing and receiving. 903 per yr.

Then sign a true outside WR and or draft one in White or Cooper

PulseJet and mezzavo like this.
  10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I've said it elsewhere...C.J. Spiller will be in Green and white this year.

11. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

The only way Harvin goes to NE is if the Jets cut him loose. How does signing a player who doesn't belong to your opponent weaken that opponent? They've cut him loose at that point.

And everyone understands ownerships sucks. Not sure how you can make a judgment on the coaching staff sucking at this point.

12. NOVAJET

You have to consider the source. Click on this guys 7 posts...if he is still alive in the morning it's because the cliff he jumped off of wasn't tall enough.

PickSix likes this.
  13. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

+1000

14. Mainejet

The ONLY playmaker the Jets had on offense the second half of the season was Percy Harvin. So now he goes to NE. They are coming off the SB and they are very clearly the best team in the division.
    So lets do the math, so you can understand....... The Jets SUCK on offense and ST and anyone with a brain knows that. The only semblance of a playmaker they had was Percy Harvin. So BB is thinking that by signing him.... 1) that just weakened an already BAD team in the NYJ. 2) Percy Harvin can make our team that much BETTER. We can utilize him in many different phases of the game.... ST, passing game, running game, etc. If you need another example see Darrelle Revis. If you need another see Shaun Ellis. He does it over and over again and yet you have to question how it is true in reference to your beloved NYJ. Go figure. NYJ fans have ZERO ability to be objective.:rolleyes:
    So do you understand now? Or his reading between the lines not your strongest suit?

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

If NE was so interested in Harvin then why not go after Cobb.
    I think it's all smoke & mirrors to push the Jets into signing him for more$

16. Mainejet

If you don't like my posts, I have an idea for you.......DON'T READ THEM. I speak the truth in reference to the pathetic, sh*tty NYJ. They've pulled stupid sh*t their entire history. Now if you choose to read them and then complain about me posting it? TOUGH SH*T. I already told you once, if you do not like my posts, don't read them.

17. Mainejet

The fact with Percy Harvin is that he simply is not worth what his current contract is scheduled to pay him. He's a very good player, no doubt, but still not worth 10 million when he has no clear cut position that he plays. Jack of all trades, master of none if you will. The Jets will cut him to avoid paying him 10 million for sure. Not because they want to though. He's a nice addition to the offense when he isn't being a f*cking punk. His half season with the NYJ saw him on his best behavior. So I am sure the Jets would like to keep him, but they absolutely CANNOT at his going contracted rate. If they can cut him and then renegotiate? That would be one thing. But I doubt that happens. If the Jets cut him loose, he's going to chase greener pastures. He could easily go to NE and win championships or he could also go play for a guy that every player WANTS to play for and that is REX RYAN. Why the hell would he want to play for two nobodies with the NYJ? Especially when he's already played for a great veteran HC that everyone ENJOYS playing for?

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Exactly. Rex may even name him Captain for fucks sake. He'll be able to run amok no questions asked

19. NOVAJET

" Ispeak the truth in reference to the pathetic, sh*tty NYJ. They've pulled stupid sh*t their entire history.

"Why the hell would he want to play for two nobodies with the NYJ?"

"Youguys just don't understand our ownership sucks, our coaching staff sucks, and even our fans have no idea how to see the bigger picture."

"The only good thing you can say about Todd Bowl of sh*t is that he'll be the quickest fired HC in NYJ history. Same goes for Macgagme. This team SUCKS and it isn't about to change in one season."

Mainejet, GTFOH

20. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Who cares if everyone loves playing for Rex Ryan? Hasn't done the fans much good as we haven't seen the playoffs in four years, we've spent first rounders on "his guys " like Kyle Wilson and we've had to watch putrid offensive outputs game after game.

I'm glad he took Sanjay Lal and his cronies with him - can't wait to embarrass him this upcoming season and watch Sammy Watkins regression set Lal's tutelage.

Dunnie likes this.