Is Brady the Greatest QB of All Time?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by nyjunc, Feb 2, 2015.

1. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

You are confusing the Ravens game with the SuperBowl. NE was never down by 14 at any time, certainly not twice. They led by as many as 7 and had a SuperBowl record come from behind deficit of 10.

I'll agree that Seattle's chance to win this game came on a shit-luck play, not skill. Other than that, if you are going to troll, at least get your shit straight.

Oh the irony in your Ravens comment.

#421 PickSix, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yes Seattle's 'D' didn't step up to the plate come crunch time, however that was also a case of Brady being Brady, leading a late go-ahead drive at the end, much like the Giants did (repeatedly) to New England.

You're Seattle, 1st and goal from the 5 yard: Marshawn Lynch blasts his way down to the one--gain of four yards on 1st down. Four yards. Let NE go into an 8-man goal line defense, you've got three downs to get 1 yard and you have Marshawn Lynch, the toughest, most psychotic son of a bitch with the ball in his hands on your team.

2nd down: Marshawn-in-beast-mode Lynch. boom!

3rd down (if needed): Marshwan-in-beast-mode Lynch. boom!

4th down (still needed?): Marshawn-in-beast-mode Lynch. boom!

Would you bet your last dollar stopping this guy on three consecutive downs from the 1 yard line? THREE times?

Seattle's offense got them down to the one yard line. Seattle's coaching (and by extension, their offense) utimately lost the game. There was no reason to put the ball in the air. Again, you have the hardest, toughest running son of a bitch in the league as your running back? All the more reason to pound, pound and pound the rock. What are the odds Lynch eventually scores? Put it this way: if somebody loaned me their wallet on that one - I'd had made us both a chunk of change.

But the point's moot. Seattle's OC tried to fix what wasn't broke. And at the end of the proverbial day, the team that looks to cheat (both on and off the field) at every opportunity had a SB handed to them. Case closed.

#422 joe, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Seattle's D coughed up the largest 4th quarter lead that lost a Super Bowl. The offense went Punt/Punt/Punt/Int with a 10 point lead. Not exactly handing the game away.

4. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

"Best ever" is a tough title because everyone will have a different opinion. Some guy who lived through Johnny Unitas will argue that in today's game (with rules favoring QBs and receivers) he would have been unstoppable. It's kind of a pointless exercise.

I think "most accomplished QB ever" is almost inarguable at this point, though, when it comes to Brady. Football is about winning games and no one's ever done that better than #12.

6. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

I lived through Johnny Unitas and everyone else from 1956 on. It was a much smaller league, but Johnny, more than anyone at that made his bones by passing.
    There were a lot of Bart Starr and YA Tittle fans, but Johnny was the man back then.
    When someone asks who's the best quarterback ever, they didn't ask who is the most accomplished.
    No matter what Brady does, most will deny the truth, including Montana himself, but don't think they're going to do that without an argument.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you believe hardchoker actually watched football before 2007?

8. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

The NFL came on television in the mid 1950's. 54, 55, 56, I don' t remember which. but I was in a freshman in high school in 57.
    I saw them all, Jim Lee Howell was the coach of the Giants, YA Tittle QB. Rosy Grier, Rosy Brown, Andy Robustelli.
    I watched that Championship game and my Giants lost. It wasn't that great a game, certainly not the greatest game.
    SB III was a barn burner for me, because until then I didn't think the AFC was anything.
    I still regard Weeb Eubank as the greatest coach of that SB era.
    Vince Lombardi was a good coach, but elevation to sainthood wasn't my idea.
    I started watching the Patriots when they started and the Titans were...the Titans.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I was a freshman in high school in 1861. I saw them all. Robert E Lee. Jefferson Davis. Ulysses S. Grant. McClellan. Man the attack on Fort Sumter was a barn burner for me. I still regard Lincoln as the greatest President of that era. I started watching the north when they started and the south was...just a bunch of confederates.

True story.

_

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Junc is such an asshat for starting this

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He was an asshat before he started this.

What kind of Jet fan starts a thread titled "Tom Brady: Greatest QB of all Time"?

#431 Acad23, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    TNJet likes this.
  12. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

There's no way you are older than 23, but hey, good wikicopy, dildo.

13. Charlie Kelly

Actually you should have just shut up since you were completely unable to recollect a game you were so happily trying to brag about just like pretty much every reminiscence you pretend to have in this thread. It has gotten so bad that even other Patriots fans are correcting you so you felt desperate enough to copy a bunch of old school info from Wikipedia to try to prove that you aren't the fake that you really are. You are a sad pretender

#433 Charlie Kelly, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Exactly. He's not even a Jets fan. He's a fucking troll and nothing else.
    If you read carefully he said he was in a freshman so I guess he meant he was in his dad's ballsack.

16. Charlie Kelly

He said he was "in" a freshman? That explains a lot.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's not forget Seattle dropped a pass up 10 late in the 3rd that would have given them a first down at about the 30 yard line of the Pats. Kearse was the guilty party and yeah he made that crazy catch that set Seattle up for the win but IMO that doesn't make up for the drop. He catches that Seattle may go up 3 scores and there is no way the Pats come back at that point.

New England Patriots likes this.
  18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

an adult that can see things logically. I hate NE and Brady but I also appreciate greatness, maybe as a kid I wouldn't have been able to do this but as you grow up things change. Someday you will be there.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

who are you again? a grown man(I assume) w/ a screen name of "mangolden showers" is criticizing one of our best posters and fans?

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's almost as embarrassing to Jets fans as Obama is to Americans.

TNJet likes this.