Reflecting a Heart Breaking Four Years and Where We Go From Here....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I hear ya. That Byars fumble was a missed opportunity to increase the lead tho, down in the red zone, killer.
    But The botched kickoff by Megett to start the 2nd half was tough too. The Curtis fumble was the nail in the coffin.

Vinny's achilles next game ended that run. I always lament that Tuna didn't hold on to Glenn Foley that year...we woulda made the playoffs at least...imo. He gambled on Vinny not gettin' hurt...

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

That's one of the reasons I am not watching the combine. We're gonna hear about how great everyone on the Pats is all over again. Its torture really. I find myself just not giving a shit about the offseason because we will get who we get and it all means jack shit until we see results.

Walt White likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks man! Means a lot to me. :):D

Walt White likes this.
  4. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Mark Sanchez winning the super bowl was never meant to be so we can get over that. I would also rather what had happened then to lose in the super bowl. Lets just stop looking back and enjoy the future.

5. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Yeah, but you need a top tier HC and you can't do it with bottom tier QB's either.
    Ryan, Smith and Sanchez are all bottom tier.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha truth is it could get much worse.

Jets could get knocked out of the WC round by Ryan and the Bills, who then go on to win SB XXLC with the #1 Defense, #1 running game, and Winston under center.

editors note: XXLC is a complete fabrication as I have no clue how to read Roman numerals.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan was a great coach stuck with shitty GMs and shitty OCs. The first two years he was here, he took a good team (minus a good QB) to the AFCC twice. Once the GMs neutered the talent level of the team, he had nothing to work with and of course he couldn't win.

8. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

At the absolute, very, very least, we didn't see Brooks Bollinger start a game in 2014. That being said, here's to 2015.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What never made sense to me was the roster turnover on offense from 2010 to 2011. We got rid of Braylon, Cotch and Brad Smith along with T- Rich retiring I believe. It's literally like how to not develop a young quarterback 101 even before the whole Tebow debacle. A young QB needs some continuity on his offense and we took it all away from Sanch. Over what? A couple million for Braylon and Cotch?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's a little bizarre. .. you'd rather go 22-28 over the next 3 seasons than lose in the Super Bowl?

11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

So many times last year I actually thought he might be a better option than GeNO..LOL

The Dark Knight and Big Blocker like this.
  12. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Only if we get relegated to college and he comes with the collegiate version of Ron Dayne. :).

FlaJet likes this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea well get ready to watch him take the Bills to the playoffs next season ,That would be a great wild card game Bills vs Jets when's the last time the world has seen that happen?

14. The Dark Knight

Yeah, that was definitely part of the problem. No doubt about it.

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Agreed. That is where Tanny got too cute. He extended Holmes and brought in another two shitty attitude players in Plaxico and Derrick Mason. Holmes did nothing after that to deserve his new contract. Mason was so disruptive that he was traded away that same year. Plax didn't do much, but I admit he gave us a redzone offense. In comparion look at how the Giants got rid of Shockey because he was pressuring Eli to throw him the ball all of time. It's a perfect example of how different the two orgs react to these situations. I am sure if Rex gave a shit about his offense he would have told Tanny not to break up that chemistry.

16. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

finally, I think the Jets have a great future with the new management/coaching, maybe 9 - 7 if they can land a decent quarterback.

17. The Dark Knight

A new philosophy and upgrades in free agency and the draft can go very far in making a team successful. QB is the most important position though. If Geno is still behind center: I don't see 9-7. If someone else is: they could be a playoff team. It should be a year of transition to say the least, but the Jets should be much more fun in 2015 to watch at least.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its kinda like a new paint job. It just gives a fresh outlook to everyone involved. I'll be flamed for this, but I do think its high time for a uniform change as well. Perhaps not a radical change but the traditional unis just reminds people of 46 years of futility. They may be classic, but they don't speak to "success", just heartbreak.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Agreed - You'll be flamed for it ... and I'll start. We don't need new uniforms. Our uniforms are nice and traditional. Aside from how they look, uniforms have absolutely no effect on how the team performs on the field. And the only thing that results in people buying tickets is how the team performs on the field. How do you get the team to perform better on the field? Hire the best person available for every position in your organization, pay whatever it takes to get them, and then get out of the way and let them do what they do best. It has nothing to do with uniforms.

20. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

Go get a quarterback, not a track star, get a guy that pulls wins out in the 4th quarter, start there.
    You have the best coaching and management you've had in years, see if you can get to 9-7, 10-6.