Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

If you looked like your avatar, I'd think you were a pedophile too :p

Jetaho likes this.
  2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

wait.... what?
    Are you saying that refs not recognizing the deflation right away = deflation never happened?

3. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Well the coach is ultimately responsible, but if Kraft were a man of his word then he'd fire BB before any suspension came down.

Unless proof otherwise, do not see the point in punishing the players. The league can't punish wife beaters even with video evidence, no way they going to be able to punish a player or team with no proof.

4. PickSix

I wouldn't suspend the ref's, but the practice of assembling new officiating crews in the post season needs to end. Crews work together all year, and just when they are fine tuned, they are reassembled for the playoffs. Makes no sense.

5. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

Not just you. Dolphin fan here, and I am united with my fellow Jets and Bills fans in crucifying those bastard cheaters. SUSPEND BELLICHEAT AND KICK THE PATS OUT OF THE GAME.

6. PickSix

As my dad used to say, "Wish in one hand, then shit in the other, guess which one fills up first"

7. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

8. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

I think there's a chance every NFL team in the league has been pumping up or under the balls to their liking the entire time.
    No, I'm saying that if there's any indication the Patriots actually did something to the balls... then they should be penalized.

If it's that they passed the pre-game inspection and then after weren't correct - then I think we should see a ton of apologies.

I think that's fair - especially considering Aaron Rodgers' recent comments.

9. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

WHere is the source for this please? WHERE?

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So you agree that BB+ Co need to be harshly punished, right?
    You might wanna be careful because this implies that you believe they in fact cheated.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I don't see what the big deal is.

Belichick has been cheating his entire career.

This is shocking? You think he hasn't been cheating the last few seasons?

It's just a matter of whether he gets caught.

He spends a lot of time devising schemes on how to cheat the system, more than any modern coach I've seen.

13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yes, and there is also a chance that I'm about to get a blowjob from Halle Berry, but guess what...
    In any case... 32 teams, 16 games/year everyone is cheating, but only NE is actually getting caught.... Are you saying your HC is incredibly stupid?

Hmmm.... 2:15 before the game all NE's balls inflated to regs.
    30 mins into the game 11/12 balls are no longer inflated to regs.... wonder how that happened :eek:

And yeah, sure... let's just get repeated proven cheaters get off with a ton of appologies... this should do!

14. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

I misinterpreted the rules

[​IMG]

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

16. PickSix

I am under the impression that the NFL holds Head Coaches accountable for these types of infractions. If what is being reported is true, then the NFL would be right in punishing BB.

However, based on Kraft's statements after Spygate, if he is a man of his word, he should fire BB immediately if the NFL weighs in backing up what's been reported. And BB should resign before being fired.

Personally I think he should be fired for stupidity. You outscore your opponent by 10 with under-inflated balls, then outscore them by 28 with legit balls? Against a team you repeatedly beat by 22+ points? I'm not sure where the arrogance line ends and the stupidity line begins.

RuJFan likes this.
  17. One eye

One eye Member

Everyone is pointing the finger at Bellicheck obviously cause of his past. However, as smart as he is, I find it hard to believe he thought of/ordered deflating the footballs to give Brady an advantage throwing the ball. I mean of all the shit a HC has to take care of, that has to be right at the bottom. Videotaping defensive signals - sounds like a fit, but purposely deflating a football for a better throwing advantage sounds like something a QB would think of.

Especially if you listen to the different opinions. Danny Kannell said its a huge advantage. Aaron Rodgers said he prefers overinflated balls. Point is, it's a preference.

Brad Johnson admitted paying $7500 to a ball boy to deflate the footballs in the super bowl. You're telling me you would put that past Tom Brady?

18. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady does nothing without Belichick's knowledge. BB doesn't do anything without Tom Brady's knowledge.

I think they are mutually responsible (or mutually ignorant, depending on if deflategate was intentional).

FlaJet likes this.
  19. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

There's a thread on this in the NFL Forum

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Belichick could be asked to resign/fired after this nonsense.

Kraft is a scumbag himself but he was really pissed off at Belichick for spy gate. It's not that crazy to think that this might put him over the edge.

Would you like to own a team clouded in a dark shade of cheating allegations and animosities from the majority of football fans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.