CJ Spiller?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Get this guy... Fuck Chris Johnson

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

If the salary numbers are about equal, Spiller > Johnson, because he knows Gailey's system and is a couple of years younger. There is no need to draft a RB, unless it's late in the draft and there is someone we really like. Powell and Richardson are fine as backups.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

But the premise of this thread is that he should be signed because with our O line it would give us a dominant running game.

One, our o line ain't that great. And two, a dominant running game doesn't win in this league unless it is complimentary to an elite passing game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. JetBlue

No, it does make my argument because it shows that a dominant running game isn't that important. What's important is good QB play; if you have that you will win. Building a dominant running game without a passing game and QB makes you feel good about the stats but that's all.

The value of the cowboys o line is that it aided Romo. But this wasnt discussion about the value of the o line so I'm not sure why you think that is relevant.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This would be a great addition. Spiller - Ivory split; Powell scatback.

6. JetsVilma28

It would be different if our entire offense wasn't run from a shotgun. If we actually ran from under center, even just the look of a running threat should benefit the passing game. We are not a passing team/shotgun team. We simply don't have a qb that can be trusted passing the ball more than 25x a game.

The Jets are a hybrid running attack, with a defense; minus the secondary (back in the 2011 off season we tried to change that, and we are still paying for it. Just run the ball).

7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Yes. Spiller please! Sign me up

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

sorry my brain didn't get past omg sign this beast.

9. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f..._source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSportsTw

Not sure if this was posted yet.

Says alot about Gailey as an OC imo, kid obviously wants him to be coaching him again.

Ivory and Spiller combo would be glorious, a capable 3rd RB would put us over the top at that position.

CJ2Trash Gotta go tho

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If they can get him for Chris Johnson money it's an upgrade. Not sure they are going to re-sign Bilal either so they might need another key running back and none of the Jets Rbs are in the class of Spiller.

#50 pclfan, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  11. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

We need to cut Johnson and sign spiller. Spiller and Ivory would be deadly in Gailey's offense. We need to bring Bilal back too. He is a great blocker and runner for the money. He will be back.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He'd be the perfect replacement for CJ

Cody Hummel likes this.
  13. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

If we do not land Spiller I think we will target patriots Shane Vereen. He would be amazing with Gailey. Vereen is a UFA this offseason. He is an amazing pass catcher out of the backfield. I couldn't imagine an offense with and harvin.. Or even spiller and harvin either way chris Johnson will be cut

14. JetBlue

We need to be a passing team, that's what wins. Strengthening the running game should be an interest like strengthening any part of the team, but you don't need a dominant running game to win in the league anymore and no offensive philosophy should be built around that.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

CJ Spiller has long been my favorite divisional opponent player. I think he is severely underrated when he is healthy. His ceiling is higher than any other rb that will hit free agency. I would freak the f out if we got him.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Spiller would be a nice pickup for the right price. The big question with him is can he stay healthy.

17. JetsVilma28

When you don't have a throwing qb you manage the game by running and playing defense. The passing attack is there, obviously; but you run the football to manage the clock; you protect the football; challenge the flats and throw in a few PA daggers.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

19. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

This is the only year he has missed more then 2 games l

2013 missed 1

12 and 11 none

And rookie season missed 2

20. feldspar

feldspar Member

For Christ's sake.

The man has averaged FIVE YARDS PER CARRY, and that's over a period of 5 years. You can't just go out and find "plenty of rookies" that are going to do that. Only a small handfull or a couple of few RBs reach that benchmark every season, let alone over a period of years. He's got plenty of fuel left in the tank as well, because he's never been an every-down back over an entire season. He's good for some game-changing plays every year, make no mistake.

He's a dynamic playmaker of the uncommon sort. Chan lined him up at WR (like he did at Clemson too), and he's a very good kick returner as well. Lots of ways he can be utilized.

I wouldn't call him "aging." I'd say he's just entering his prime. The guy will be phenomenal behind the right offensive line and scheme.

#60 feldspar, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015