No Cardale Jones Thread Yet?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ralebird, Jan 13, 2015.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Now we're talkin.......

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I actually said the same thing to my Dad while watching the game last night

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Braxton Miller has been Mr. Buckeye for awhile now. Just because of how mobile he is and the scheme they ran.

Everyone has taken a backseat to that until this season because of his injury.

Miller will be a good college QB but I don't think he has what it takes to be an NFL starter.

Cardale Jones and J.T. Barrett could be good ones in the NFL.

I would draft either one, bias asside.

4. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Good decisions? Composed? You mean the guy who turned the ball over 4 times, once fumbling while throwing the ball away without even being touched? Yea, were good on all that, don't need jamarcus 2.0 who "ain't come to play SCHOOL". Take off your OSU goggles.

5. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Literally the only thing Hundley has over Jones is games played. Jones has as good of an arm, makes better decisions, feels the pocket better, is more accurate, and reads Ds better (already).

This is a terrible, terrible draft class for QBs in my opinion. If Jones comes out he might be the third one taken.

*edit* all in my opinion, of course.

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

You want us to draft a college QB after only 3 career starts? That's funny. It doesn't matter how good he looked. He needs a full season to get an overall idea of his decision making and intelligence. He shows hesitation when he's dropping back to pass. Imagine what that translates to against NFL defenses?

Bryce Petty is hands down a much more NFL ready QB at this stage than Jones. Jones would be sitting on the bench for at least 2 years, no doubt.

7. cambam71

cambam71 Member

I want Petty (posted in Petty thread) - or Cardale at this point in time. Should both be available start of Round 3 - which is where I think we should consider jumping on a QB of the future, maybe Round 4 - we will see how the cards fall.

SIT THEM - either one of them. Let Geno play out next year. Absolute worst case is we let Geno walk after. Best case, he plays well, we trade one of these guys or let them back-up (a la Cousins - I get it didn't work out perfectly, but a smart idea none the less).

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Did you watch the game?

Or did you just see the one play of the fumble on ESPN? Just curious. You sound very uneducated.

Especially if you look at his 3 huge games that he played in as a starter. You basing his talent on one game and comparing him to Russell is, well, uneducated.