How Big of a Turnaround Can the Jets Have in 2015?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 15, 2014.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha that would be bad. Not going to happen.

Yeah, with Geno's deal I have no problem with a new staff keeping him around and trying to improve him, but I would not want him as the 2015 Opening Day starter unless, as 1985 said, he truly earned it.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That would be brutal. If you think there's a Fan revolt going on now, things would get REALLY ugly around here if Woody doesn't make any changes and tries to sell that to the fanbase.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I hope so. But deep down it probably won't make a difference. But I hope I'm wrong.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Answering the OP, much will depend on whether Idzik is fired, since if not I expect more of the same, no matter who they get to replace Ryan.

And even if Idzik is fired, I have little confidence in Woodrow finding an upgrade with his replacement. But obviously the odds of improvement go up if he is fired.

On the other hand they have to get a better Qb, so that alone will make for a better team.

Let's say 5-11.

#84 Big Blocker, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  5. greenlantern

greenlantern Member

I thought the same about going into this year and... well...not good.
    I do think that there is talent on this team we just need the right coaches to mold it together and make a winner.
    Whoever is the QB needs to be in the correct system for him.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We all pretty much agree that a QB upgrade is needed for the team to make any kind of a competitive season happen in 2015. Luckily, it will not be that hard to go up from the current group of QB's on the roster.

7. Cman68

If we're looking at drafting our franchise QB in 2015, I'm not so sure a huge turnaround is in our best interests. Perhaps 6-10 and a trade up into the top 3 to get our QbOTF.

#87 Cman68, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

6-10 I think the Jets go offensive line in the draft and free agency. We look to get a stop gap QB and build a decent offense around him. I think the secondary looks better too. We look promising but still need a good QB to take us over the up. 2016 is our year hopefully.

9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

As I'm reviewing these comments........

Just exactly "who" is coming out...or potentially coming out in 2016 that is giving everyone "wood?" Who is on the horizon that is flashing franchise potential...or are we just speculating as we always do?

10. Cman68

Best pocket passer so far I've heard of is the Conner kid.

mezzavo likes this.
  11. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

i hope not big. quick patches will only slow down the rebuilding process. especially now our new qb will either be geno "top 5 qb" smith, overrated veteran, or a 2nd/3rd round draft pick (oh i god i hope they dont pick up a qb in the 1st if we dont get winston or mariota) . the new head coach wont be a big splash, no one wants to play here

12. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

the fanbase is at fault here, we were so blinded by an 8-8 team that should've been 6-10 or worse, and we used excuses like "The players play their butt off for rex, they love him and we willed ourselves to a win!!!" Thats some class A bullshit, where the hell was the love this year??? But the fans were complacent, we were all actually pretty ok with drafting calvin pryor and not draft a need. We thought we were good after the team went 3-0 to non playoff (and pretty bad) teams, and thought geno actually could've started. we thought dee millner was going to be good. and we were ok with sitting on our asses so excited before our first game.

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Probably five wins. Give or take.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Woody is really the complete idiot you say he is, how far off is it that he fires Idzik and keeps Rex Ryan. Or if Woody believes (as many on here believe) that Idzik is retarded and sabotaged any shot Rex and the Jets had this year, wouldn't it make sense?

Sometimes I feel like Rex is the only part of the Jets that Woody likes being around. I'm sure Woody will can him, but I'm also sure Woody will have a real hard time doing it and could have a weak moment.

15. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

McDougle and Millner coming back is subtraction by addition. Millner fucking sucks and is made of glass, and McDougle is another Kyle Wilson

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Three pocket passers in Connor Cook, Jared Goff and Christian Hackenberg.

mezzavo likes this.
  17. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Check out the Jets' net point differential. They are a truly bad team. The "elite" D may be statistically above average but the eyeball test says otherwise.
    This is more than a one year fix even if they find a decent QB.