If cutler goes 3rd, do we take vince?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chad Vs THe World, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Chad Vs THe World

Though Highly unlikely, it is possible. Here are my theories behind it. Obviously i also understand that Cutler's stock is clearly overhyped, but as a bored jet fan its impossible to ignore

IF there are no trades, and its goes bush, leinart, cutler, vince?

1) Norm Chow is SUPPOSIVLEY enamored by Cutler. He coached him in the senior bowl, where jay had a good enough game to raise eyebrows. HE has a impressive combine, coupled with young pathetic wonderlic test, as well as CHow not wanting to take a chance on a micheal vick type project.

2) Cutler has been on the rise for over a 2 weeks now, and maybe with all this hype it is enough for him to leap into the top three.

3) IF we dont take Vince young the will kill us, new york media will tear us apart. Yeah vince young is legally retarded, but he still is a unbeliavble qb who can lead a team in the big game, yeah hes a project but were up to the task.

Now i know that might not be the perfect fit for manginis system, but athletically i think it would be a bigger reward than a risk. I am for it, if it happens, i know it may not be the wisest move, but im definitly for it. let me know your thoughts, feel free to bash.

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

We Take B'rickashaw At #4

3. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Plain and sweet...no

4. Martin is the man

Even if Cutler is there at 4 we go D Brick

5. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

We take Young if he's on the board. To be perfectly honest with you I'm starting to think that the Jets are intentionally pimping Cutler to try and get him to leapfrog Young on draft day. Think about it: The Jets are incredibly tightlipped on every decision that they make, except that they totally give away their first round pick before the combine even started.

It doesn't add up.

6. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

im good even i who want the jets to draft a qb. will pass on vince and take D Brick. hell in my mind this draft is Cutler vs D Brick anyway.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Cutler's also played at Vandy, which is in Tennessee, so the Titans might want to take the hometown boy.

If Young is there and we pass him up to take someone else, A TON of people including myself are going to be very dissapointed. If we trade down and get extra picks, that's fine. But I think Young's speed, accuracy passing the ball, leadership, and heart all translate into a very good NFL QB.

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

It is strange, every newspaper is reporting the Jets want Cutler, they surrounded him at the senior bowl, they could trade up to get him blah blah blah. The Jets could just be saying this hoping they get Young to fall, because the Jets are not an organization that lets things out like that.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

have you ever acctually listened to the guy speak? he is nowhere near retarded and acctually carried a decent gpa throughout college. he isnt retarded and he is a great athlete. he is probably the biggest risk in the top 5 or 10 but if he works out he will be the best player to come out of this draft easily. i dont think there is anyway you can pass up a talent like him at #4 any other year and he's #1 overall hands down.

10. Chad Vs THe World

i dont want chicken cutler for dinner every sunday, if vince is there, im sorry you let the kid become a star, there will be other tackles like d brick.

11. Infinite125

Infinite125 New Member

I totally agree with u he is the biggest boom/bust player in this draft but he is in no way retarded he even made the honor roll in college. If he falls to us I really hope we take him cuz even though he wont be ready for a year or 2 when he is ready he will be a dominant player in the league.

12. surge511

surge511 New Member

I want no part of Vince. Leinart, Cutler, or a different position pleasseee.

13. kuzdav

kuzdav New Member

No,no,nolno no

14. JetTalk

JetTalk New Member

gotta go D'Brick

15. ukilledkenny

why? we can get quality o-lineman into the 3rd round

16. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

D'Brick is the best LT tackle and we have the opportunity to grab him how do you not do that. Yeah there are other LT but how much better is D'Brick then those other Mcneils and Winstons remains to be seen. We'll find out draft day.

17. Infinite125

Infinite125 New Member

Its not even that I dont like ferguson cuz I think he will be a great left tackle but i dont even think mangini even wants to take an offensive lineman with a first round pick considering the amount of talent at the position in this draft. That was just how belichick always approached it. I could see us taking someone like marcus mcneil if we get one of the broncos first round picks though.

18. ukilledkenny

what kind of thinking is that, we need help at tight end and vernon davis is the best tight end so why dont we pick him at 4? all of the lineman projected to go in the second round are going on the first round if they where in last years draft. qb is the most important position on the field and we are in a position to to fill that hole right now and also fill many holes in our line. this whole thing isnt going to be fixed this year so we need to get what is hardest to fix first. qb is deffinitly the hardest position to get quality players for so that should be priority #1.

after we get a qb i think the line should be the next priority but we can fill a good amount of the holes in this years draft in the later rounds because of the amount of quality. one great lineman isnt gonna make very much of a diffrence on this team in the future but one great qb is the diffrence between being an average team and a great team.

#18 ukilledkenny, Mar 5, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Vince Young = Ryan Leaf

20. ukilledkenny

how? vince young has shown nothing but a great work ethic, leadership, and the drive to prove all of his critics wrong and he has succeded everytime. at the beginning of this year nfl scouts said if he wanted to play in the nfl he had to switch to wide reciever now hes one of the top 3 qbs in the draft. there really is no comparison to ryan leaf at all its just something people against drafting him like to say to make young seem like crap.