Mariota and Winston Championship Games

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 5, 2014.

1. aburre

aburre Member

Jimbo denied it multiple times. Jameis said some of the autographs on their were fakes when he looked at the signature. What are you talking about?

2. aburre

aburre Member

I actually think Jameis should use his legs more often. Defenses like to drop back in coverage against FSU. He's had a lot of opportunities to pick up easy yards but he doesn't do it. He rarely runs and defenses can take advantage of that if you're a statute in the pocket.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Exactly. So he's innocent, right?

Lol.

OJ and Ray Lewis denied it.

_

4. aburre

aburre Member

so he's guilty then? It's wrong for me to think he's innocent but it's ok for you to think he's guilty? With absolutely no evidence!

5. JStokes

It's not about whether you or I think he is innocent or guilty.

We're fans. We don't matter.

What are you not understanding about the dynamics here?

Serious question, how old are you?

_

6. aburre

aburre Member

7. JStokes

As I suspected.

Thanks for the confirmation.

_

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Would rather see TCU and Boykin play the Ducks than FSU. At least that could be a first to 50 sort of game.

If Notre Dame's offense was 1 play away from winning in Tallahassee, what's going to happen vs the Ducks?

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Good post

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Ah yes . J esquire Stokes, the everlasting beacon of objectivity

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

In curious, do you think Ray Lewis murdered somebody?

12. JStokes

I'm always objective, subject to my own subjectivity. :D

What I was saying was--I'm not colored by being an FSU fan. Like junc trying to discuss the NCAA violations against UNC.

_

13. JStokes

I don't think he actually did the stabbing but I think he was involved. He might have directed it, or held the guy while his posse was stabbing the guy, or he supplied the knife, or covered it up. Or maybe he actually stabbed the guy.

I don't think he was a total innocent--I have to believe he was criminallyinvolved. I have nothing to back that up but my own suspicions.

Do you think Jameis didn't sign any of those autographs for money?

_

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Obviously point shaving and rape are non starters when it comes to drafting Winston.

Are we really going to concern ourselves over Winston signing autographs for money?

Hopefully other teams overreact like some are here, it may make him fall into the second.

15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Ray Lewis was involved in the murder, I agree. He may not have done the stabbing itself, but he was definitely involved in some shape or form.

16. JStokes

No, I'm sorry, you can't just look at stuff in a vacuum.

The point shaving thing is most likely nonsense but the rape thing is a very real issue. Whether he did it or not we'll never know. I for one hope it's not true.

So everything needs to get colored with that lens, the autograph thing is just piled on top of that. And the idiocy in the cafeteria.

None by themselves is an issue.

Taken together, they HAVE to be considered.

If you're a GM doing your job.

You can't just look at them as if you are an FSU alum and say--"it's all bullshit, because...it's bullshit". Doesn't work that way.

_

17. JStokes

Exactly, but listening to folks here, because someone has not been convicted they are therefore completely innocent and therefore the incident should me disregarded as if it never happened.

_

18. jcass10

I'm not putting immature childish acts in the same group as felonies. Especially felonies that dont have any proof to them. Like Jameis said the other day, just being accused of rape is a life changing accusation. If the rape accusation isnt true, than Winston's rap sheet really isnt a big deal.

I dont care about autograph's or yelling something in the cafeteria. He's a kid. Its what kids do. I'm sure you did some stupid stuff when you were in college, and look back now and realize what an ass you were. I know I have countless times.

Rape is ridiculously serious. If it is proven, than I want him nowhere near the Jets and I take back any defense I ever had of the guy. Situations like that are bigger than football. Point shaving is the same, but like you said, thats probably crap. I wouldnt be shocked at all if the woman just wanted to make some money by exploitng a high profile pseudo-celebrity.

But I cant say that these 4 things happened, some may be true and some may not, but he's probably not a good guy. I need to look at each case seperately.

What I know right now for fact is that he is an immature college kid. Is it a guarantee that he matures and becomes an upstanding gentleman as he gets older? I have no clue. Thats for the GM to decide in during the scouting/interview process. By all accounts he is a good teammate and we all know he knows how to win. I'd be happy to have him in the second round.

19. JStokes

Hold on a minute. Selling autographs is not the childish act of an immature college kid. Stick with me on this for just a minute because I concede it's not that big of a deal.

I played club hockey at SU. I (i) couldn't have sold my autograph in college for a penny and (ii) selling my autograph in college wasn't in violation of the rules that I was required to abide by and wasn't going to nullify my team from wins/championships or cause my scholarship to be retracted.

I get that we all don't think it's a big deal, it's stupid, it doesn't make sense, it shouldn't be an issue. But it's a huge NCAA RULE that gets drilled into these guys heads over and over and over. It's not a guideline like the 55 MPH speed limit--it really means something--whether we agree with it or not. I'm not suggesting in a vacuum it's bad, but he KNEW he was under investigation for rape. Standing up on the cafeteria table is a stupid immature childish act--but he was under investigation for rape AND selling autographs potentially in violation of NCAA rules. It's all noise that (i) needs to be addressed and (ii) can't be dismissed as individual unconnected acts.

He's not you and me doing stupid stuff in college. He's pretty much a world class pro athlete rock star in training.

I'd be happy having a twosome with Jessica Biel and Jessica Alba.

_

20. jcass10

That does sound like a hell of a night.

All I'll say is this, since the work day is about over and I'm going home lol.

Selling autographed items and yelling bad words in the cafeteria wont stop me from drafting him. Rape and point shaving will.