Official Path to the #1 Pick thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by nevbeats319, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Even if the Bucs get a higher draft pick then the Jets, I'm still not convinced that they will take a QB. Lovie Smith is pretty much the Head Coach and GM of the team right now. If you guys think Idzik is a bean counter, then just look into Jason Licht. From day 1 he pretty much said he is a numbers guy and he would rely heavily on his coaching staff for personnel choices. That being said Lovie Smith is completely against having young QB's play for him. He just sat Mike Glennon on the bench again in favor of Josh McCown, when McCown had looked awful earlier this year. Personally I see the Bucs going out and signing either Sanchez or Vick, and then using their #3 overall pick on either their offensive line, running back (Gurley), or most likely the top pass rusher. Right now this is how I see the draft going, if their are no trades.

1 - Raiders - Cooper
    2 - Jags - Williams or Ogbuehi
    3 - Bucs - Gregory or Gurley
    4 - Jets - Mariotta or Winston

I wouldn't worry too much about the Jets pulling out a bunch of wins this year either. We beat Pittsburgh because they turned the ball over four times and we didn't turn it over once, and we still only won by 7. That's a once in a season thing. The Bucs also are very close to breaking through and finally getting some wins. The last three weeks their games have been very close and a bounce here or there and they would have won.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, I've taken to calling him Jamarcus Winston when I discuss him with people. A couple of FSU alum friends fucking hate me for it now.

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Might as well close this thread...the Raiders are a lock for the top pick

4. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I think I'm pretty good at taking a look at plays, diagramming them, and figuring out why they worked and didn't work. However, I'm definitely not particularly on evaluating QB mechanics - throwing motion and footwork - which are key attributes NFL scouts look at. What I've heard and read from the scouting community though is that Mariota is generally considered to have a good throwing motion, while there have been some very slight concerns about Winston's, partially due to his baseball background.

I haven't taken a very deep look at Winston's game footage yet (most of what I've seen has been recaps and highlight-reel type stuff), though I will be watching his CF playoff games closely. However, I just want to say pre-emptively that his off-the-field issues absolutely terrify me. Maturity issues in QBs might be workable in other places in the country, but NYC is a brutal environment that could chew him up and spit him out unless he learns some humility real fast. I'd legitimately move Winston down the draft board if I'm ANY big-media-market team.

The fact he's never lost a game also scares me. In the NFL, he's going to lose games. We've seen him remain unflappably confident even when down by multiple scores, able to bounce back from anything - but is that poise still going to be there when he's dropped 2 games strait in the most brutal media market in the country? Sure on that point, I'm nit-picking - but then again, I'm the guy who nit-picks Mariota for being too fast, too athletic, so I don't think it's unfair.

almbleamal, abyzmul, Axel3419 and 2 others like this.
  5. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Winston should be out of the question unless he drops to the 4th or 5th round, and even then I don't think I would touch him. On top of ALL of the other shit that he has done, he is now being investigated for point shaving.

Point Shaving.

He is only a Sophomore in college and he is still being investigated for rape by the federal government, he stole food from the grocery store, he stole food from Burger King, he gets suspended for shouting obcenities and then shows up on game day in his full uniform for the sole purpose of making sure the cameras are still on him, and now he has been accusing of point shaving during the Louisville game because his friend had a ton of money on the 1st half. Any Jet fan who even thinks this guy should be considered being drafted should never say shit about Idzik again, because that single move is dumber than every other bad move he has made combined.

Not to mention either that he is a turnover machine in the making. He is extremely reckless with the football and constantly throws passes that his WR's bail him out on.

NYJalltheway and almbleamal like this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

point shaving? for real?

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Nice win by TB today. They are the one crap team that will be looking to go QB.

Also nice win by the Rams, the more wins they get the less we need to worry about them.

Thought Oakland was going to pull one out today.

_

Axel3419 likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I rooted hard for Oakland today but it didn't happen. I think they will go QB first. Carr didn't really impress me but I might be wrong.

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

They'll keep Carr. Don't have a standout receiver and defense is very old.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I hope they keep Carr. one less team to worry. Jets will pick in TOP 5 for sure. I would love if Mariota or Winston fell to us.

11. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I can't see the Idzik regime taking Winston - too many character question marks and playing against inferior competition. Not to mention his risk of turning the ball over.

12. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

"Inferior competition" lmao
    Just beat the #1 defense in the nation against Louisville and played the "Talented and scary" SEC in the National Title game and won.

But you're right.

13. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I would love Mariotta but it doesn't matter if we don't have the right offensive coach/system in place.

So many questions yet to be answered. If it's an offensive coach I can't see us passing on Cooper/Mariotta if one is there.

Gregory just hurt himself again. Not sure how serious it is.

I could totally see Oakland going Cooper

14. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

As much as Oakland would love a WR to help bring along Carr, I don't see them passing on Williams at #1 if they can't get good value for trading down.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't forget to mention that you want the Jets to pass on Jamarcus Winston so he can have great success with another team.

Your opinion on Winston is just not worth reading. You are such a FSU fanboy that you just act like a woman whenever anyone questions your comments about Jamarcus Winston.

16. NYJets17

"Jamarcus Winston"

Enough said.

17. NYJets17

I only bring facts to the table folks. You can get mad over it but that's not my problem lol.

18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Oh yeah the Louisville game, the one where he was accused of point shaving.

19. Mangold Goldman

That point shaving garbage was some BS rumor spread by incarcerated Bob. If you want to believe that, go right ahead

20. NYJets17

...do you understand how incredible that would be if it were true?..

To go down 21-7 at half time against the #1 ranked defense in College Football and put up over 400 yards and 3 touchdowns all for a bet?...

Please, think a little. I understand just shouting things about Jameis is easy but know what you're saying.