The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. grumpynyjetsfaninME

how far away is this sign from laquntia inn...

2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

2 worthy WR? Decker been hurt most of the time. Who this 2nd WR?

3. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Member

If not a joke, it comes from a delirious mind. The HC of the NYJ will not be RR in 2015 (past week 17 of 2014, anyway). Of course, I have predicted this for three years, now.

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i would prefer to see a real personnel guy hired, clean out the front office completely, and evaluate the scouting staff.

as for coaches, if the new gm decides to clean house, bring in a young offensive coordinator as the head coach.

joe lombardi from detroit, darrell bevelle from seattle, kyle shahahan from cleveland, or a college head coach with an offense pedigree.

rammagen likes this.
  5. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

just want to clarify a few things. We absolutely want to clean house. That includes Glatt, Bradway, Idzik, Rex & the rest of the coaching staff. The only reason we aren't mentioning Rex in our message is because we are just assuming that he is going to be fired at the end of the year anyway.

You can NOT have one or the other go. Can't keep Rex and fire Idzik and continue the lunacy of making a GM keep the coach. That is why we ended up with Idzik in the first place. And you can NOT let Idzik bring in a coach because what coach in their right mind would come here knowing that they are basically on a one year audition for the job. If we go 6-10 (or worse) next year, Idzik will be gone and there is no way that coach survives a new GM.

And with Idzik's draft record, you want him in charge of a draft that we will have to pick (possibly) our next QB? The guy has had 2 years full of draft busts and disastrous free agent signings. You want him in charge of 40-50 million in cap room?

The Jets have a real opportunity here. They can wipe the slate clean and let this year be the rock bottom. Bring in a new GM who has free reign to bring in his own coach. A new QB. We have TONS of cap room to sign free agents. Most likely a top 3-5 pick. This would be the most attractive GM job in the league.

I am sorry if some don't like what we are doing - but we feel that it is something that has to be done. Bringing Idzik back will set this organization back 3-5 years. It just can't happen.

6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't feel sorry; you're doing what needs to be done.

Exactly.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

slimjasi, abyzmul, Dierking and 3 others like this.
  9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They sound like kidnappers…LOL

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The fans are going to continue to let Woodrow know how displeased his paying customers are with this shitty, inferior product that he signs off on and rightfully so.

#71 JetsNation06, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  12. legler82

The Browns fired Michael Lombardi after just 2 years and that looks like it was a pretty good decision.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

meh

The Browns? Really?

FJF and slimjasi like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'd have to say they think they are people who are entitled to somehow dictate to someone else how to run his business. They are sorely mistaken about that sense of entitlement. They are actually generating sympathy for Idzik.

abyzmul likes this.
  15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I understand that Idzik has been extremely underwhelming.

But if whoever is spearheading this movemnt is any older than like 18, he's pretty pathetic.

Kids will be kids.

16. legler82

Really what? Are the Browns beneath us to reference? I'm just saying there's no set rule that you can't fire a GM after 2 years.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'd prefer the Jets not make decisions based on things the Browns have done.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

That may be true, but that doesn't have any bearing on whether or not the overwhelming and widespread outrage pertaining to Idzik is truly justified.

19. legler82

I've been a Jets fan going on 30 years. I can't recall another instance where a Jets GM has been branded a failure almost unanimously and so early in his tenure. Even those that don't follow the Jets have chimed in. Why is this happening to Idzik? Did the fans and media randomly picked his name out of a hat to be the object of their outrage? Do they love Rex so much that they are desperately trying to save his job by distracting everyone into be believing Idzik is the root cause of the Jets' problems? Or could it be that he is just not a very good at his job?

jonnyd likes this.
  20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I definitely don't think Idzik has done a good job (and deserves plenty of ridicule), but I think there are a few exacerbating factors at play here:

1) People genuinely like Rex. He's bold, brash, and entertaining. He's something entirely unprecedented in the annuls of NFL coaching history (to my knowledge, anyway). His critics look at him as a clown, but there are a lot of people (and plenty in the media) who buy into the notion of him being a master motivator whose unusual popularity with his players and fans is good for the team and the league. Congruently, I think many media pundits believe Rex is good for them. He's an easy cover, so to speak. His never-ending supply of delusional optimism, press-conference gags, and over the top declarations makes him one of the easiest guys to opine about in all of sports. He's one of the few coaches I can think of in professional sports who truly is the "face of the franchise." He's just unique. I don't doubt for a second that the media's (almost inescapable) preference for having him around skews their coverage on the Jets at times.

To make matters worse, Idzik is considered to be an over-educated drone with no personality and no presence (the same kind of demeanor that made Mangini wildly unpopular within a couple of seasons in New York). He gives the media absolutely nothing and tries to outsmart them with meaningless jargon. That works if the team is winning, but his lack of personality gives him no redeeming qualities to fall back on when the team is consistently losing.

2) People genuinely dislike Woody (he's often summarily classified with the likes of James Dolan, Mike Brown, and Donald Sterling, despite quite obviously having a considerably less disastrous track record) and Idzik is widely seen as Woody's handpicked lackey. (He was supposedly the only one willing to agree to the GM job under the conditional basis that he had to keep Rex, trade Revis, and save money by focusing on the the draft and being particularly conservative in free agency).

3) The national sports media isn't what it was 10 years ago, let alone 30 years ago. The over-saturation of reporters, analysts, and pundits along with their corresponding newspapers, blogs, magazines, and websites makes ideas such as "Idzik sucks" catch fire at an unprecedented rate. It gets worse and worse and worse, year after year after year.

#80 slimjasi, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014