2014 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JStokes, Aug 29, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Sorry dude, just saw this now. Have a ton of recommendations but it's a bit late now!!

Tough game, we ended up down to our 4th string QB at one point and we were pinned inside our own 3 yard line on 3 different possessions in the second half. That was the killer.

_

2. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

LSU should leave the SEC. It is such fucking bullshit how every time they play Alabama or Auburn, the refs pretty much steal the game from them. Every year its the same result. LSU loses and that smug POS Nick Saban acts like the smug POS than he is. Then the inbreed Alabama fans dp that retarded Rammer Jammer thing at the end of the game.

3. JetsHuskers fan

Nick Saban is a wannabe Bill Belicheat.

4. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

No worries, ended up at Faegan's which did the trick. Really enjoyed the Dome, would love to come back up for bball but suspect that would be a slightly tougher ticket.

Tough year for Cuse, hard to overcome that many injuries at QB and OL (though I thought even your 4th string QB looked pretty good). I also thought Duke caught a couple of officiating breaks typically reserved for the bball team.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol, re Duke.

Faegan's is a great pub, was the first "nice" bar/pub/restaurant on Marshall Street, was the hot place to go in 1980. Went on many a date there with my wife.

Try to get back for a basketball game--it is a MUCH different atmosphere. Packed to the rafters in all orange, the ESPN crew, so much more energy than for football.

Here's last year's UNC game:

[​IMG]
    _

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Last night's Cincinnati / East Carolina game was fantastic. East Carolina's Justin Hardy had 15 receptions (start putting him on your Day 2 WR radar) and is now within 4 catches of the All-Time NCAA record.

7. JetsHuskers fan

Big game for the Huskers tommorow. Hopefully they clobber the Badgers.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Tomorrow's tilts:

Ohio State (8) at Minnesota (25).
    Buckeyes looking to add on to last week's win at Mich. St. Will run it up if possible.

South Carolina at Florida.
    South Carolina scoring points but giving up just enough to lose as well. Florida on a slight rebound from the Jeff Driscol (QB) messy start.

Pittsburgh at North Carolina.
    Two suck teams. Panthers by a nose over the scholar athletes of Chapel Hill since North Carolina's defense this year has been on a par with their African Studies program.

TCU (4) at Kansas.
    Horned Frogs may have a letdown after beating #7 (and overranked) KSU on the road, except that Kansas is really, really horrible.

The biggie: Mississippi State (1) at Alabama (5).
    Put up or shut up for both teams. Mississipi State has two hurdles upcoming: tomorrow and the Egg Bowl vs. Ole Miss who'd love nothing more than to wreck their season, esp. if MSU wins tomorrow and comes into Oxford still undefeated. For Alabama, here's their chance to get back up into the top 4 for playoff position. The winner of this game should probably end up SEC West champ and playing Georgia for the SEC crown.

Nebraska (16) at Wisconsin (20).
    This should be a good, competitive one. All you draftniks check out the Badger's Randy Gregory.

Northwestern at Notre Dame (18).
    Good chance for an ND letdown after their sloppy mess at Arizona State.

Utah (23) at Stanford.
    Last chance for the Utes to salvage their season.

LSU (17) at Arkansas.
    Inexperience but talented Tigers starting to put it together.

Florida State (3) at Miami.
    'Canes are sooo overdue for a statement win. Winner gets a free dinner at Joe's Stone Crabs below 5th.

Arizona State (6) at Oregon State.
    OSU Sean Mannion (QB) having a quieter season than last year, including two stinkers vs. USC and Stanford.

10:45 PM No. 6 Arizona State at Oregon State

#308 joe, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  9. JetsHuskers fan

The fact that Nebraska is only 16 pisses me off big time and only further proves how the pollsters are out to screw the Huskers over.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah but how impressive is he at running around in shorts in front of a bunch of scouts? That's the important stuff.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  11. Murrell2878

Oh, and USC nearly blew a big lead last night as well.
    Lol. He runs a 4.4 40 if that means anything. He's actually quite intriguing as a potential 2nd our 3rd round receiver

12. Murrell2878

I can't wait for this game. These two RBs are outstanding. BtW Abdullah is one of the most interesting people in the NCAA. He's a very smart and well spoken kid. He's very knowledgeable in many different areas (from football to music and history). I want to learn more about him.

13. JetsHuskers fan

i wish there was a Husker home game today. I want to see a football game in the snow so bad.

14. JetsHuskers fan

15. JetsHuskers fan

I wish he didn't get hurt during the Purdue game because that took him out of breaking the all time rushing record form Nebraska.

16. JetsHuskers fan

I hope Mississippi State beats the snot out of Alabama. I hate that team, I hate that state, I hate their fans, I hate everything about that team full of sisterfucking inbreeds. But I am sure ESecPN will still go down on them every day to glorify them. Even if they have 2 losses ESecPN will still push for them to be in the playoffs.

17. JetsHuskers fan

E$ecPN would have 4 $EC teams in the playoffs if they had their way. its pathetic how biased they are.

18. JetsHuskers fan

Rowwl tide y'all. rowwl tide.

#318 JetsHuskers fan, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^
    Husker, could you please kill those tits?

Hold on. While Wisconsin might be some cheese cows, there's also a lot of German/Norweigan roots there as well.

20. JetsHuskers fan

I bet Urban Meyer will leave Ohio State once they have a losing season. Probabaly another BS "medical" issue