Why do you keep coming back?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsillinifan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I just see future potential. There's a lot of questions, but some answers too I think. For me this year is not as bad as 2012, even if our record is worse. If Geno goes 20/34 for 226, 1 TD and no picks for the rest of the season, I'd even say roll with him another year. I really doubt that happens though.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Well said. It all starts with the ownership and the team's ownership has not given a damn about winning for 45 years. Hess didn't care until he was about to die (at which point he got serious and hired Parcells), then Woody came in and he cares even less. I'm just waiting for another new owner, which I hope happens in my lifetime.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. JETSrealMCCOY!

After "Broadway Joe" let me try on his ring at his book signing there is no other team. Live and die J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS! If it takes having to shed a few tears like Ray Lucas did on the post game so be it but when our day comes I hope all of you guys will still be here and be up for The Gang Green riot!!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Geno when Decker has played and Amaro has started, has actually looked pretty good out there, especially when he gets a little time to throw. I could see him getting replaced, but there are so many bigger needs on the team, that he will probably get another year.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Theres still 9 games left this year which is plenty of time for Geno to play himself out of a job. I don't have a whole lot of confidence in him, but I do hope he pulls it together.

6. JAMESDEARTH

JAMESDEARTH Member

srains likes this.
  7. JETSrealMCCOY!

I wish more people felt that way! Enough of this tank the season for a better draft pick BS! How about going out and getting a WIN!!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Who cares if they win now? They aren't making the playoffs and have a zero percent chance at a championship. And a championship is the only thing that interests me.

RochesterJet and vonbonds like this.
  9. JETSrealMCCOY!

Yeah but Win's still make you feel better.

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lol @ 2010

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. grumpynyjetsfaninME

the colors. there's something about green and white...

TNJet and rohirrim665 like this.
  12. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I love this team, it's disappointing to have football season effectively meaningless in week 7, but it's not like I haven't been here before. I'll still watch every game and now tickets will be cheap and I'll take my son to a couple of games. Plus aside from the SD game this team has played well, if they had even a middling QB we're sitting 5-2 right now. On years like this I start to focus my attention more to hockey, unfortunately I'm an Islanders fan...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I keep coming back because I'm a lifelong supporter of this franchise. I'm all about wanting what's in the best interest of this franchise. If a HC or a player is diametrically opposed to what's in the best interest of the Jets then I'm going to want the franchise to get rid of that player or coach and go in a new direction. This is the case for Rex, Bradway and the coaching and scouting staff. They are blocking this franchise from moving forward and starting fresh. The coaches and scouts should all be replaced going into next season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Because when we finally come to relevancy it'll be the best feeling in sports fandom.

101GangGreen101 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I was born into this as are my children. You don't get to choose your birthright.

Chutzpah likes this.
  16. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

Been a Jets fan since I went to the old Meadowlands to a game vs the Seahawks in 98, and I must be one of only 2 or 3 Jets fans in San Antonio. Ever since then, I've been following every single game however possible: gamecasts in the early 2000's, online radio streams for a few years after that, and now online streams ever since. National tv games are a treat since I can watch it on my big screen.

I've invested myself a whole hell of a lot into this team since I started following. Been to a few games, some of which were traumatic: 2004 divisional game at Pittsburgh, 2007 Thanksgiving game at Dallas, and the 2009 AFC Championship Game at Indianapolis.

Although I love my Spurs and they're the only show in town, I also love football and will always stick by the Jets. I can't wait until they play the AFC South or NFC East again so that maybe I can go see them in Houston or Dallas like I do whenever they play in TX.

Also, although I don't post much here on TGG, I've read/lurked on this forum longer than any other website. The everlasting arguments between sunshiners and darksiders help me cope with the shitty reality that is Jets football on an annual basis.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Been a fan since my Dad took me to the Polo Grounds to see the Titans long ago. Nowadays? Curiosity mostly as any team can luck up. If the Royals can make the World Series after sucking for decades, there's hope for both the Jets and the Mets. Sadly, I'm a fan of both. Must be the masochist in me.

18. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Jet fan since I was 12, and im 23 now.

-I have a hope that one superbowl will cloud all these losses

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

Thanks for putting a name on it. You need to understand the problem before you can contend with it.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It's like that old saying, you can't choose your family and you can't choose your shitty football team.

_

Chutzpah and NYJetsO12 like this.