Any chance youngsters get to play this season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreenBlues, Oct 3, 2014.

1. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

I am gonna be rooting for the Jets Sunday, since the division is so weak, and we still have a tiny chance at playoffs. But realistically, I don't expect us to make it, the next 2 games will probably leave us at 1-5, and I don't think we climb out of that. So with that said, it's more about the future now. We have some positions where it would be nice to evaluate some young talent during a losing season. If I was the GM, I would want to replace Winters and Colon with Dozier and Aboushi, to get a sense of how they can play when it counts. Colon is old, and Winters is pretty much a bust by this point. Watching Dozier and Aboushi play could give us an idea of whether we need to draft/sign a guard or two next year. Also, I would want Reilly and IK to get playing time at OLB, mostly at Pace's expense, but Coples could give up a few snaps too. It would be nice to know what we have with these 2 young linebackers. Maybe plug in Edds and Bellore instead of Harris too.

The problem is, of course, that Rex is 1) coaching for his job (at least in popular opinion), and 2) like any coach, will want to play the players that give him the best chance to win, which are veterans. So unless Idzik tells him behind the scenes that he will be back next year, it's hard to see how that situation will play out, if we lost the next few games and our season is done.

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You guys make me sick,we have 12 games left and we are already talking next season?Enough of this bullshit the season just started,we are 1 win away from being tied for first place in the division.We have a chance to go 6-0 in the divison and I think we can do it

iJet, Br4d and CJGreen like this.
  3. TheCOTCH

TheCOTCH Member

Yeah, way too early. Wouldn't mind seeing Oday in there a bit though. Just to see what we have.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

When does Jalen Saunders get a look at WR?

_

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Are those pom poms in your left hand and a huge half smoked joint in your right? The rest of the AFCE may suck, but that doesn't mean the Jets suddenly got better because of it. There will be no WildCard team coming out of the AFCE this year so, unless we take the division, we're going home. We have mediocre Wr's and Oline. Our Qb is a work in progress and I'm being kind with that assessment. Our defense, despite its lofty rankings, still can't get a big stop and is not providing either TO's or points.

This is NOT the year for the Jets to make a run. From the way its looking, try 2016 at the absolute earliest. Even that depends on which direction the Jets go. If we stay defense centric, you can write off 2016. We need fresh, high level talent on offense. Not 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th round afterthoughts. The Jets have to make Offense the top priority or the status quo will be maintained for better or worse.

#5 Cman68, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    Jets69 likes this.
  6. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Don't see that happening until the season is officially lost

7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Haven't even played a divisional game yet. 1 game out of first.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Dude we aren't as bad as our record says we are,we should be 3-1 right now.I feel like we can beat anyone.You guys are over reacting to being two games out of 500,you'll see on Monday morning when the jets are 2-3

9. Cman68

To quote the sainted Parcells: "you are what your record says you are..". This just isn't as good a team as we may have thought we were out of the gate. Yeah, we lost some close games but the bottom line is, we lost. Blame the Refs if you want but is anybody outside of NY/NJ/CT gonna care? Let me answer that for you.. NO.

If the Jets beat SD and I'm not saying its impossible, that would go along way towards getting this team turned around but the issues still remain and until they're addressed, the results will be marginal. We'll win a few games, but we'll lose more than we'll win because there are holes in this roster that were not addressed via the Draft or FA. If Rivers doesn't shred this secondary, Manning certainly will and Brady/Belichek always saves his best for us. After that, although less formidable, we're not playing teams from the NCAA. Every team on our schedule can be beat, and conversely can beat us.

Right now, 8-8 would be a miracle.

10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Please don't say that, they already think Rex walks on water.

TNJet likes this.
  11. Cman68

Yeah I know it, but the AFCCG spiked Koolaid is finally beginning to wear off a bit. The Rexaholics are coming out from their 6 year bender and starting to see what really is instead of what they want to see. There will be the diehards of course. They are the ones that excuse every and anything this team does because that what a "real Jets Fan" does.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

8-4 is definitely doable where we're sitting right now. We have to get the offense moving and cut down on the mistakes on that side of the ball.

13. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much crack you smoked before you posted this and how you possibly think this will happen

BobbyGM8000 likes this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This should be the next thread to the draft thread an who will be next years coach

15. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

If we end up sitting at 3-9 I'd imagine we'll see a lot of them the last 4 games.

16. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

They should play the young guys anyway. Especially Amaro, why does Cumberland start over Amaro?

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm all for letting young players play and let them learn through experience at all positions except oline because offensive linemen mistakes can lead to other players getting hurt, more specifically QBs.

18. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Because Rex doesn't know shit about offense

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

There's no reason the Jets can't win the division. As bad as the Jets' problems are, every team in the division has them. If the Jets beat the Patriots twice, a tall task, but a doable one if they keep playing like they have against Miami, Minnesota, Oakland, and Kansas City, then the division is there for the taking. The Pats schedule is much harder than the Jets schedule.