Who do you want?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by wGENOvFANu, Oct 1, 2014.

1. wGENOvFANu

wGENOvFANu Active Member

Who should the Jets draft at WR next year?

My top two choices would definitely be Amari Cooper from 'Bama or Kevin White from WVU (though I'm a little more biased towards White).

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Amari Cooper or bust. There is no other choice.

NYJets17 and irishwhip03 like this.
  3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Marcus Mariota can catch his own passes.

Two birds.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You do know there is a draft forum?

5. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

This belongs in the draft fourm, but anyways I'lll go

Nelson Agholor from USC: He's Flexible can play in slot, split end, or flaker and in my opinion he has exceptional speed, vision, and agility. From what I've seen of him, he's a fluid and crisp route runner; he seems to struggle against press coverage that's going to be a problem in the pros. I have no idea where he'll end up going, but he could be a our big play WR, and I'm huge fan of his.

Rashad Grenne is another one of my favorites, he's not fast or agile, but he's physical for his size and is an excellent route runner. He highpoints the ball extremely well, and has bailed out Winston time after time after time.

TY Montgomery, he's just a playmaker. You need a WR to take the top off of the defense? He's your guy.Need a guy to take bubble screens for sevnty yards? He's your guy. He may never be the stud wr, that posters here desperately covet, but he can seriously contribute to our anemic offense.

Devante Parker, he's got a ridiculously large catch raidus, and is nortrious for making tough catches in traffic. I don't how big he is, so forgive me if I am wrong, but he's more in the mold of an Alshon Jefferey. He doesn't have game changing speed, but a big wr is a QB's best friend so count me in on the Parker bandwagon.

Stefon Diggs, He reminds me of a poor mans Brandin Cooks. I have no idea if he'll be able to play on the outside in the NFL, but he's a threat to take it all the way every play. And he has great hands.

Other WRS I like for this Jets team are Sammie Coates, Jalen Strong, and that TE convert from Michigan.

I didn't include Amari , because we pretty much have no shot at landing him.

#5 BigSnacks54, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  6. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Diggs not Diggins. Agree we have no shot at at Cooper, I'd add White to list as well.

7. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched WVU over the last two years, I'm assuming White is more of a homerun threat?

8. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

As if we'll win anymore games this season :rolleyes:

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We still have to play Buffalo and Miami twice, plus NE sucks this year. Gotta get at least one from those six games.

10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Right?!!? I thought this was another Vick VS Geno thread? Maybe CJ vS CM or Revis $ Cro VS Millner & Allen.

We are all disappointed with this team. But it comes down to a QB. Drunk, goodnight...go O's!

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

And runs too.

12. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

All around player. Him and Cooper have a lot of similarities.

13. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

Cooper may be out of reach, but if he's still on the board you sprint up to the podium as fast as you can. It's easy to compare him to Julio Jones because they both come from Bama. He's not as big as Julio, but if you watch some of their college tapes, Amari is FAR more dynamic. Quicker, better ball carrier vision, and elite route running ability. Guy can literally do it all, even against one of the supposed best CB's in the college game today (Hargreaves). And my favorite part about Cooper is that when he's out on the field, he plays football. He doesn't jaw like other receivers, he doesn't showboat like other receivers. After the play is done, he lines up for the next one.

Kevin White is the other guy in this draft IMO and he came out of nowhere. He vastly improved from 2013 to 2014 and has shown consistent brilliance this year. Virtually the same player as Cooper, everything I said about Cooper you could make the same argument for White. Has some focus drops that he can hopefully work on throughout the year. Another big play receiver that is a threat everytime he gets the ball in his hand.

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Kevin White, Devin Funchess, TJ Montgomery, Sammie Coates or Rashad Greene.

We won't have any shot at Amari Cooper.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Cooper is obviously the most talented receiver in the draft

Jaelen Strong is 2nd on my list. 6'3, 205 - can go vertical, and plays very physical.

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

would you guys be mad if we got Todd gurley?

17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be mad that we got him, id be mad that we missed out on really good players at other positions.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hell no, that kid is a beast

19. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Tank for Cooper

20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Cooper would be nice, but we havent went with a 1st round WR in a very long time, dont think this year will be any different. Who are the second round receivers this year? I've read that this class, while not as good as last year, is very strong in its own right. They still need that burner to stretch the field a bit.

Also, what kinda 2nd and 3rd round QB's are out there? Are there game manager type QB's that understand a pro style offense and wont continually throw interceptions? Don't need a gun slinger or a 5000 yard passer. Just a safe QB.