Week. 4- Lions @ NY Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Sep 23, 2014.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

since no one has done it , its a loss again in my book.

TNJet likes this.
  2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I actually think we are gonna win this one.I think Millner will play along with Decker.We got this one 56-3 j/k but I do think we will pull this off

NewYorkEveryThing likes this.
  3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I can't even call it anymore.

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Probably a loss. Megatron will tear us apart.

Vida likes this.
  5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

They just manhandled the Packers which isn't a positive sign

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Detroit has a really good run D. If we can't run the ball I don't like our chances.

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

You never know what you're gonna get from the Lions from week to week. World beaters in Week 1. Horrible in Week 2. Solid in Week 3. They are a very inconsistent team. But they have players that win fantasy championships so people give them some unwarranted respect.

Take a look at Matt Stafford's career record.

We have a real good shot at this game IMO. Maybe not throw a pick 6 and not muff a punt and we'll be fine. Mega will get his. Gotta control Tate , Bush and Bell.

legler82 likes this.
  8. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

We couldn't beat a mediocre bears team.

Stafford >>> Cutler
    Megatron >>> >>>>>>>>injured Marshall
    Lions D >>> Bears D

1-3

NYJalltheway likes this.
  9. Big Cat

We might be about to catch them on a hangover

10. Big Cat

This game is huge. If we win it we can probably fight back to 3-2, but if we lose there's a scarily decent chance that we're staring down the barrel of 1-6

irishwhip03 likes this.
  11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It comes down to can Decker and Milliner play, and how healthy they are out there. We held the Bears offense down pretty well, and if it wasn't for a muffed punt and a BS PI call, they probably would have scored even less. I think we can hold the fort down, even if Megatron does have like 150 yards. What it comes down to is can we keep up on offense, which comes down to Decker.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  12. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Ready to fall to 1-3 ?

13. tubby

tubby Active Member

Detroit looked really bad on the road in week 2. If this was in Detroit it would be real tough, at home I like our chances

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I wanted to go to this game, but I dont know...Megatron is going to lay the smackdown on our candy asses.

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Nick Fairley and N. Suh will take turns spanking Brian Winters on passing downs, I think a sack for both of them is likely. Mangold will have to help Winters early and often.

The Lions secondary is vulnerable so this would be the time to throw the ball 30+ times(Unlike last night) so it will be on Geno this game to make things happen, although I think Decker will miss this game on 6 days rest with a reinjured hamstring.

Stafford is an mistake prone QB who complies bad play after bad play with enough pressure. He like Cutler wants to throw the ball deep down the field and if you take away Bell and Bush, you will make him try and throw it on you. Calvin Johnson is amazing and Golden Tate is a showboating pest who can break tackles and hurt you in the YPC.

Expecting a double digit loss to Detroit. Maybe by 13 or 17. Only hope is after a big win vs division rival Green Bay that the Lions letup and have one of those "Lions" games where they commit personal foul after personal foul.

Will be interesting to see which team self implodes first. We have some loud mouth and hotheads on our team, the Lions aren't far behind. Will be a very chippy game between the Jets OLine and Lions DLine, flags galore this game. Flags galore is probably an advantage for us, the sloppier the game is, the less likely the Lions can win the game. As silly of a gameplan as it is, between Caldwell's usual ineptitude and the Lions proneness to shoot themselves in the foot, that might be what we should do. Get in their heads. They are more talented than us so you can't expect to go in a shootout or try and match them score for score.

DET 29
    NYJ 17

Alex Henery as their kicker is a good thing. Freese was bad but Henery was just brutal for the Eagles. Hopefully its windy, the Jets have the clear kicking advantage. Sucks I can't say the same about other positions.

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I am calling it now, Geno with 3 INT's and 23 excuses why the reffs screwed us this week.

jerseyjay14 and Red Menace like this.
  17. Big Cat

The Lions are a very similar team to us in regard to stengths and weaknesses. Only they have a Megatron. That's a pretty big difference.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

A case can be made now for Calvin to be the best player in the world.

19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Start Ivory and RIDE HIM. CJ2K just isn't what he used to be and Ivory is a freaking beast. I'm convinced that if they ran 3 times on 2 different occasions inside the 10 last night, the JEts would have won the game.
    Geno had 4+ very bad passes last night and easily could have had 4 picks. 2 were caught for picks and cost the jets 7 on the 1st drive one and a min of 3 on the 2nd one the threw in the Bears end zone. That boys is the difference in the game. Oh, and the SHITTY pass interference call on the 3 yard line and the non TD fumble...

I would put Geno on a short leash and give vick some snaps in practice this week. Geno's int's aren't only poor throws, but they are bad decisions. Even if Vick is a shell of himself, I think he has the JEts at 2-1 instead of 1-2 so far.

1-3 = no playoffs. 2-2 = very much alive.

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Jets secondary will be penalized all game for holding.