Geno is Sanchez 2.0

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Sep 22, 2014.

1. CaneGreen

CaneGreen Member

Let this sink in. Lol. Then let sink in we still managed to get into the redzone 7 times with NOBODY that can create seperation for themselves. The shorter the field gets the more useless all of our options become...tight ends are completely worthless. Geno has no security blanket whatsoever once the field shrinks.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Tight Ends are worthless in the redzone? Yeah ok, clearly you haven't been following football in this century. We have 3 good pass catching TE's who are 6'4, 6'5, and 6'6. We have a great slot receiver to work the goal line. We have 3 WR with good hands that are 6'1, 6'2 and 6'5. We should be killing it in the RZ of all places but we are worthless in there because Geno is an inaccurate passer so Marty is unsuccessfully trying all these bullshit plays to trick the D. The hot zones where most TD's are scored from are in the middle of the endzone from goaline to backline, short of the endzone usually slants around the line of scrimmage by the numbers, and the sideline zones. Let's see, he's slow with getting rid of the ball and not good with hitting receivers full stride so we are not good at slants, he can't attack the middle of the zone because the windows are so tight, and he's not very good at throwing the fade as we just saw tonight with his game ending throw out of bounds. Almost as frustrating as his ball placement on that throw was the fact that he or Marty decided to throw a fade to Kerley our shortest receiver who was being covered by Fuller, when all our other targets are over 6 feet and being covered by 2nd and 3rd string DB's.

3. CaneGreen

CaneGreen Member

Our tight ends. We're talking about the Jets. Not the niners, chargers or saints tight ends. The Jets tight ends. But I think you knew that and tried to twist my comments around to try to make a point. I dont care how big they are, fact is they cant create space for themselves on a short field...Fact. Jets have no redzone threats...Fact. we haven't had a legit redzone threat since plex...fact. Name me a dude your sending on a post to the pylon thats gonna go get it...nobody. I watched a TD hit a TE in the hands wide open in the endzone, we discussed it on this very board. Why couldn't he reel it in? Hands must not be that good. Is Geno better then Sanchez? yup. Whens the last time in three strait games you've seen us move the ball this effectively wit the borderline trash we have against 2 legit contenders? 2 years? Geno fucked up tonight. To put all the blame on him when we have quite honestly the worst WR corp collectively outside of decker and Kerley is crazy. Again, 7 redzone trips with kerley as our number 1 option. Question. lets say Geno has alshon and brandon on the outside for him tonight, does he still look as bad? Do we stall 7 times in the redzone? Wheres our guy that just says fuck the D and gets open? Who we going to on a 3 down and its 8 and goal?

#83 CaneGreen, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Watched the game with a friend who is a Chef's fan and he asked the question: Why does Smith do a 10 step drop from the shotgun?

stinkyB likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

JETS fans really overate the TEs...... until Amaro proves he's worthy, the JETS dont even have 1 good one.
    Geno: I actually said to my dad "We have another Mark Sanchez".... He'll make a good play, followed up by a WTF?!?!
    Right now aside from sloppy ball control (what they both shared) I think his biggest flaw is not being able to play from under center..... it's screws up alot of opportunities for the whole team......but when you factor that he's in the shotgun, but acts like he's undercenter makes it worse

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wish he was then I'd know we are playoff bound but Geno is still developing and he lost his best weapon. he's been a different guy w/ and w/o Decker so far this year. if anyone thought Geno was all of a sudden not going to turn it over they were mistaken. he is still developing.

CaneGreen likes this.
  7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I want to see what he can do with real weapons first. Decker has been out and he's stuck with the same terrible core from last year. It's aggrivating but it's asking a lot with these bums.

8. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Kinda pissed we let Boyd walk really thought he could be the new russel wilson

9. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Lol he couldnt even complete passes in practice. Hope thats a joke.

As for Smith he is better than Sanchez as he actually moves the ball against defenses. He still is not very good.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

umppool stole my thread idea...But it really wasnt a thread idea when its a fact. That was so Sanchez-esque last night

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Boyd is garbage too

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Wow. Where do you get your weed?

13. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I would be happy if Geno could go 1 game without throwing an INT.

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Developing into what? the 2nd coming of Mark Sanchez. He will never be an elite QB. Best QB the Jets have drafted in the past decade was Chad Pennington.

74 likes this.
  15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't think Geno is the answer but lets not forget how Shotty had to dumb down the playbook and color code it for Suckchez because the guy was too dumb to make reads across the entire field. They haven't had to do that with Geno.

Geno deserves blame for all 3 stupid throws last night and for taking a sack that he should never have taken. He has no internal clock unless the pressure is in his face and that's troubling.

Marty, however deserves more blame for not putting the right personnel on the field at the right time, not playing to the strength of his players etc. As has been stated, I'm tired of seeing CJ2k running between the tackles, those plays should go to either Ivory or Powell. The pick 6 play was just DUMB. You don't open the game with a scripted play of a blind side screen after faking to his right. Interceptions down the field in plus territory I can take from a young QB. Stupid play calls in your own end are unforgivable. Where was Chris Ivory in the 4th quarter? Why wasn't Ivory in when they had 3rd and goal from the 2 earlier in the game? Why with 1:35 or so left, 2 time outs and 1st and 10 at the 14 aren't they running Chris Ivory to force the D to play tight and open up the passing lanes or give the ball to Ivory. Marty had the same issues in Philly, his red zone play calling sucks. He falls in love with the pass and the Bears knew their was no threat to run at the end of the game.

Despite everything I have to say they have been the better team in all 3 games but there are too many mistakes being made. This loss makes the Lions game as much of a must win as any late season game and the Lions are better than either Green Bay or Chicago. If they don't win they could be staring 1-6 in the face.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Im convinced he will throw at least 16 INTs this year

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

He's still performing better than he did last year. Higher TD%, Lower INT%, Higher Completion%, Higher QB Rating.

Obviously he is a serious work in progress. Jets also arent doing much for him either. He needs some receivers around him. He doesnt need to be throwing the ball 43 yards per game. They should be forcing the run and using playaction off that.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

oh so you need an elite QB to win SBs? when is the last time an elite QB won a SB? 2009? 2010? I hope he is the next Sanchez and I hope we continue to add talent around him b/c that means we'll have a chance to win a SB. How many elite guys have won it in past decade? Brady, Peyton(struggled in his SB run), Ben, Rodgers and Brees.

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The thing I hate is that every week it's "wow he looked great he just needs to get rid of those 2 mistakes that can be easily fixed!" And I always say that, but maybe there's a point where he just can't fix them

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The great ones make mistakes like Geno, but they find ways to overcome them as the games move along. Thats what makes them great too.

Geno is not there right now.

The 1985er likes this.