NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

how many fluke goals are the Habs going to score?

We got fucked as we played weak in OT...They came out like all casual and everything and off the body and in.

Just sucks, we really needed this one...We played hard but we cannot fold now, this is a critical time in game 4...As usual Rangers never make it easy

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

#18, Pylon Special

see ya Sunday, at least this'll thin out lots of the silent morons who paid a grand to spend 3 hours on their blackberries near the ice

3. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

It's a must win Sunday. Can't give the Tabernacs any more momentum.

4. GordonGecko

carbomb could be banned from the rest of the playoffs for shoving the ref

5. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

It depends if they classify it as a 40.2 or 40.3. I believe a 40.2 is intent to injure and 40.3 is accidental contact. Difference between the two is a minimum of 20 games and a minimum of 10 games. Carcillo wasn't trying to injure the referee, so I don't see how he could get a 20 game suspension. He was really just flailing his arms trying to get free of the referee who was holding onto his sweater. He caught the referee with an elbow by accident. If a player truly goes after a referee then he deserves a suspension, but these rules that suspend players for accidental contact with referees are too much. Ten games for accidentally elbowing a ref is too much considering even the worst hits on players are almost never more than ten games.

I don't think there is any chance that he just gets off with a game misconduct or a 40.4, which is only a minimum of three games. Even if he only gets ten games, he wouldn't be eligible to return until game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals if the Rangers played seven games in this series, got to the next one and played seven games. His season is likely over.

Prust will be suspended for his hit. His hit was .9 seconds late. For those types of hits, the NHL usually suspends a player for anything later than .5 seconds late.

My guess is a one game suspension for Prust and a 10 game suspension for Carcillo.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

No panic, we're still in control made Koharski look like Patrick Roy after our 36 bad angle shots, refs suck Prust should have gotten a game misconduct for that cheapshot...didn't even get an interference penalty...Therien crying to the officials all game...nauseating...MSL should have roofed those 3 shots...Habs born with a horseshoe up their ass, every break imaginable...

7. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

King took the OT period off with that goal. that was just weak

8. GordonGecko

My guess is no suspension for Prust with a league apology for having been doubted and a 59 year suspension for Carcillo and lifetime ban for any of his kids or grandkids

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

First of all, relax. The kid stood on his head tonight. We did a horrible job in the neutral zone. We gave the puck away countless times in the NZ and we allowed Montreal to fly right through it.

I know Ive said this a few times already but man does Kreider absolutely suck in the neutral zone and his own zone.

Richards and Pouliot were total garbage last night.

We will right the ship on Sunday night.

10. GordonGecko

kid did not stand on his head, he didn't fall down which was good enough

habs got lucky

11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this post!

12. HackettSuxTNG

Really? And would you mind telling me just what in the hell Mark Staal was doing standing right next to the net when the goal took place? Was he daydreaming?

13. HackettSuxTNG

Stood on his head? He gave up a dozen rebounds juicier than a Ruth Chris steak!!!

14. jonnyd

I've never found Ruth Chris to be very good. The kid mad some monster saves guys. Not sure what game youre all watching. There are two teams playing. Its not always as simple as " we didn't do this, we didn't do that". The saves he made on MSL
    alone is enough to show how good he was last night. Im not saying we didn't have our faults. As I said last night, we completely stopped skating after the first period, we were terrible in the neutral zone and Richards, Pouliot, dorsett and a couple others were absolutely useless. But its one game. We weren't gonna sweep these guys, that's unrealistic.

If you had to name ONE "player of the game' who would you give it to? Its pretty obvious its Toharski

15. jonnyd

The juiciest rebound of the night, unfortunately, ended the game

16. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

I'm not saying that's the only way he could've made that save, but it's a low shot at his far pad. Not a shot intended to score, more so a shot intended to produce a rebound on the vacant side. Juicy rebound no doubt, but you have to trust that your d-man is going to tie up the crasher. Staal looked like he got some lift on his stick but it hits Galchenyuk in the chest and caroms in. Shitty luck. I'm not discouraged by the loss overall but there's a fair amount of pressure on the Rangers to win a game on home ice now. There's going to be a lot of discussion of their mediocrity on home ice all year long, playoffs included. I don't want to sound ridiculous but this is as close to a must-win game as you can possibly have with a lead in a series. Big time swing game.

17. jonnyd

oh its a must win, youre right.

18. GordonGecko

It's not a must win to get past the ECF, it's a must win if the team doesn't want to torture itself. This is the Rangers, we should be expecting a game 7

19. HackettSuxTNG

It's all my fault. I started thinking about the nice, shiny trophy, and I jinxed this team! :(

[​IMG]

20. GordonGecko

some interesting pointless trivia - the founder of the New York Rangers, (Tex Rickard), was the one who gave the nickname "Habs" to the Canadiens for the H in the logo that originally stood for "Hockey". Habs is short for Habitants which is a french canadian word for commoners, I guess Tex thought it was derogatory but people took pride in being regular folks and the name stuck for the past 90 years