NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Well played...very well played. Nice response. Its the exactly the response one should give..bravo Kreids!!

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

some people will point out that a player shot square in the chest or the goalie was at the right place at the right time. What they don't realize is that positioning is half of the skill. The best goalies know where to go to cut down the angle or where to shift as the play is developing, then the puck hits them square to make it look "easy" or "lucky"

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So the rangers are 5-5 scoring a little over 2 goals without Kreider and 5-1 with Kreider scoring over 3.5. Interesting

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I love him in the offensive zone but in the neutral zone and especially in his D zone, hes a bit scary. Hopefully he clans that up and then he can really be a terrific player

5. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Kreider has been responsible for a lot of the life in this team. I know that the emotional aspect was created by what MSL has going on in his life, but on the ice Kreider has developed a lot of offense for him and others. He gives the Rangers a little sandpaper that most of the other guys on the team don't bring. Agreed that he's a bit of a detriment on in-zone D, but I think that's more of an indicator of the opportunistic way he plays than being a bad defensive player. I know he took a penalty on Subban trying to steal the puck, but a lot of defensemen would've turned the puck over there instead of drawing the penalty. He's starting to get that big-game player reputation in my book.

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

I gotta tell you guys, Brassard has scored some very huge goals, always go aheads or when answering back to the other team. I love that guy.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Time to show these losers some MSG hospitality, MSG Loud and Proud, Play hard, Skate fast, Deliver the pain! Let's Go Ranger's!!!

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

matt, I'm having an email argument with a non-Ranger fan friend who claims the Rangers should've lost to the Flyers. Here was his original take after they won game 7 vs. Philly:

"Brutal rangers move on. No way they should have won the series. Gill cost them game 5 and if they didn't play like **** defensively in the 2nd they wouldnt of lost today. I guess the hockey gods wanted to reward st.louis for being a little ***** and bailing on his old team"

then most recently followed it up yesterday with this:

"The rangers didn't deserve to beat the flyers. Should of lost in 6. Hal cost philly game 5. None of the rangers played well except their 4th line and their D. Their play has improved primarily only because of matchups."

I'd be curious to hear your take (and anyone else's) 0n this--thx. LGR.

9. matt robinson 17

Honestly Joe, he's a retard...drinking the Flyers kool-aid, Rangers are without a doubt the better team...with the better goaltender...with the better defense...with the better balance of four effective lines...

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. matt robinson 17

It's clobberin" time!

11. GordonGecko

Is PBA Bowling on again tonight?

Poeman likes this.
  12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

Brassard should be back tonight. pouliot is in too. "maintenance day" said A.V. is why he didn't skate this a.m.

13. matt robinson 17

Steve Zipay‏@stevezipay4m
    Therrien: "This is the best team we've played in the playoffs so far." Pumping up the hot air. Better than Bs?

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Rangers are the hottest team in the playoffs right now. Let's just hope we keep it going, and the rookie goalie puts up a big stinker.

15. GordonGecko

AV said in french that Brass would not play but then in English said he was day-to-day

Probably a game time decision

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Ok -Roll call. Who, besides me, will be there tonight?

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Had NHL Tonight on this morning, not watching just listening to it in the background and kept hearing Pouliot was having shoulder surgery. Didn't even think to check it out until I just read your post. Damn shows really need to use first names or maybe they did and I didn't realize. Are Derrick and Benoit related?

Edit: Just checked, he has 2 brothers that played Junior Hockey, David and Hugo.

18. GordonGecko

working on it, sold all my tickets but finding hard to buy back in, which is $530 to get in the door right now lol

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its just too expensive...Wont allow myself to do it

20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Sold my tickets on Sunday for 2.5 X Face value