NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Pat Leonard@PLeonardNYDN · 9h
    "I couldn't be prouder to be a f------ New York Ranger with you guys." - St. Louis

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Very UnRanger like Hack...very. Common in Hockey but cant remember anything like this either. Back in the late 70s, my dad begged me everynight to watch hockey and the Rangers. He was a nut fan...nuts. One night, a bit buzzed, I came home and watched a Ranger Islander game with him and I was hooked...but didn't go to a game until several years later. First game was a Flyer/Ranger game and I believe it was the night or right around a few days after Reagan was shot. It was a 0-0 game that ended like that and I just remember saying to myself that was the best sporting event I ever attended. Was hooked. Never before could I ever remember a fan base...an event where a teams fans loved their team so much.

After that it was over. It was an every night event and brought my buddies into it. Love the Jets...love the Yanks...on and off have loved the Knicks...but the Rangers? Its just a unique love affair that no other fan base will ever understand. So much heartache and you just keep coming back for more.

3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hank - "Have a drink, Sid!"

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

It's incredible. There is no better sport to see in person than hockey.

5. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Incredible game. I've been to a LOT of games over the past 8 years or so. Last night ranks pretty high. Great game to experience in person. Idk about what the place sounded like on TV but that's the loudest I can remember it sounding since before the "transformation".

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

holy smokes the cupcakes have stuffed it in my face, yippee!!! gutsy wins from the boys, I didn't think they had it in them. I really didn't.
    only one thing scares me as of late, when henrik handles the puck. my heart starts fluttering like it used to when the Yankees would bring dick tidrow in from the bullpen
    many many moons ago........................
    there really isn't much more satisfying for me than watching the flightless Antarctic waterfowl squirm and sweat. watching sid the douche cry is like watching a beautiful sunset for me.

7. jaywayne12

8. jaywayne12

ha...great one..dick tidrow..the walrus. That was a great one tommy. Yeah..I hear you...so huge when they are all over the net with less then a minute to go..but you have the 2 goal lead...its like feet kicked up...much easier to watch! instead of a 1 goal lead.

9. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i was screaming for another goal and brassard came through! in reality, henrik tossed a no-no yesterday, the pens lone score was a Chinese goal was off klein.
    still trying to stay grounded for tomorrow, it's a tall order going in there and winning again for a third time don't ya think? gonna be tough. I might take the whole day off tomorrow,
    sun it up on the beach, try and stay cool as a cucumber as long as possible, cuz come game time i'll be en fuego!

10. jaywayne12

bingo..in person..dead on sir..there is nothing close to this sport in person..nothing.

11. jaywayne12

Yeah tommy..its screaming of overtime. Three different possibilities.
    1. Rangers continue dominance and we have another 3 to 1 4 to 1 or 4 to 2 game.
    2. Pens respond at home..too many weapons get loose and even though HL plays solid..they put up a 4 spot and its too much.
    3. Both teams play a typical game 7..close to the vest..and we are sitting there with 5 minutes to go tied..up 1..or down 1.

Number 3 sounds like the ticket and the heart really isn't in the mood for that..but its playoff hockey and that's what we, the fans, signed up for. Hey..4 days ago we would take that scenario in a second right? lol.....LGR!

12. jaywayne12

Oh...and yeah tommy..that goal HL gave up shouldn't count against him at all...there are deflections..and then there is that..that was nuts.

HL was incredible and if its now that he chooses to be KING...couldn't have been at a better time.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I think its up to Henry at this point. I'll give him one goal to let up, that's it.

14. matt robinson 17

Dan Rosen@drosennhl · 3m
    Henrik Lundqvist is 4-0 with a 0.75 GAA, a .973 save percentage and one shutout in his last four Game 7s.

15. matt robinson 17

NY Rangers Zone@NYRangersZone · 40m
    #NYR still lead league in postseason with 229 blocked shots. Blackhawks #2 with 195; Canadiens #3 with 181

16. matt robinson 17

My son told me, I didn't notice, but Letang got busted wide open by Klein in the scrum at the end

17. matt robinson 17

Slewfooting and spearing don't get that fuckin little asshole a suspension or fine, but a water shower by Hank gets fined the max $5000, more evidence why this league is a laughing stock

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Dirt" wasn't that bad. Long relief, would come in when a starter got lit up early and eat up innings. Went 11-4 one year and overall was 41-34 with Yanks. He wasn't great but he wasn't Ed Whitson ; )

I know we had you left for dead down 3-1 , but somehow Rangers…..somehow…..

19. jaywayne12

The NHL committee is an absolute joke..its so sad that its funny. A guy can spear a guy..or a guy can throw a guys head into the glass but if he gets hurt...its a suspension. If he doesnt get hurt..its ok.

A guy shoots a gun and misses the target so he gets off free...another guy hits the target and goes to jail? Those that make the decisions make the sport of hockey just a notch above wrestling when it comes to respect...just a notch.

A guy tries to remove another guys balls...and gets nothing...a guy squirts some water at a player..and gets fined. The sport of hockey is so great that its able to still be enjoyed and taken seriously even though it does everything it can to be laughed at and ridiculed by those that think hockey is a bit of a joke.

I mean..you cant make this stuff up.

20. jaywayne12

DIRT!!! Good memory Joe...very good memory sir. Yeah..he actually had some solid years as a long reliever..very solid years.