NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The better team won!
    3 Stars:
    1) Staal
    2) Girardi
    3) McD
    Boyle, Dom Moore, Kevin Klein, Strals, Zucc, Carcillo, Pou, Nash...all stood out....

2. matt robinson 17

5 career Game 7's, and allowed 5 goals, he's 4-1

3. matt robinson 17

Always the poet! LGR!

4. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I have family in Pittsburgh, went to a wedding last year. I am still amazed with all the cookies at weddings, If you don't know about it EVERY family member of the bride and groom makes thousands of cookies. All wedding long its a cookie buffett. Aftet the wedding guests take them home.

5. matt robinson 17

Playing 5 games in 7 days! We're the only team that just had back-to-backs on games 6 and 7, so we'll be the first series to make it to game 3 on Monday...fuckin' joke...

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

The view from Sec 210:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. matt robinson 17

Sweet Hack...bring on the next losers!

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

So I was in 226 for last night's game and three rows back were these two crazy hoes from Philly. Every two seconds "LET'S GO FLYERS". Everybody was yelling back at them. In 227 and 10 rows down two Rangers girls start yelling at at them to shut the fuck up we're going to beat your ass etc.. Went on for a bunch of the 2nd period. 2nd intermission, the Ranger girls show up in 226 and gets in their face. Security comes and separates them, then another Ranger girl comes to yell at them, as she walks away the Flyer chick tells her she's ugly, so Ranger girl flips out and heads back up, falls on her ass in the stairway. Security just decides to kick out the Flyer fans before anything physical but they were really asking for it

9. HackettSuxTNG

10. HackettSuxTNG

Funny you should mention that. There were two female flyers fans in section 210 causing all sorts of trouble. One of them kept standing up throughout the game, and blocking everyone's view. She then proceeded to tell all the fans behind her to shut up.

She got mad when I screamed at her, "Sit down, you big orange pumpkin!"

11. matt robinson 17

[​IMG]

She's practicing her diving for Rangers series....

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

13. matt robinson 17

Giant players too, Prince Amukamura, Justin tuck...etc...

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

My best 400's story from the garden, years back it was Rangers Vs. Devils regular season, before all the renovations. I went to the game with a few friends, sitting next to us was a group of about 10 guys, prob in their 20's, about 10 of them. These guys were going full tilt for the night one of the guys told me it was a bachelor party and he had been doing rails all night. Sitting in front of us was a group of devils fans, to paint a mental picture the group looked like something from a rob zombie movie (the devils rejects comes to mind).

The men had long hair and no teeth and the women we're big boned to put it nicely. I think the devils actually started it, Devils scored and the group in front of us was getting up taking bows all stupid stuff, I remember they had these stupid jokes that only seemed funny to them. not before long the group of guys started in on them with some of the best heckling I’ve ever heard. The girls had become more vocal then the dudes (devils fans), before long “get me milk you fat cow”, “she can eat an apple through a picket fence”, “you know your life sucks when your girlfriend outweighs you by 50 lbs.” started then, they were throwing shit in the devils fan’s beers pretzels hamburgers peanuts. All of a sudden the one devils fan guy, screams like William Wallace from brave hart turns around a lunges at the guy directly behind him almost instantaneously he gets about 5 beers poured on him and must have been punched in the head about 15 times, it was eventually going to happen. I was surprised it went on as long as it did. When security broke it up, I felt bad for the guy who got beat up I even think his jersey was ripped almost in half. I wish I had video of it, it was wild.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great game last night! See ya later Philly! Claude can go join Alex the Great on the golf range. Rangers-Penguins is going to be big. It seems many analysts are already handing the series to the Pens. I don't know why. They did not look very impressive against Columbus. The Rangers offense definitely needs to pick up though.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

They were asking for it by cheering on their team? Sounds like to me from what you described the ugly chick Ranger fans should've been thrown out.

17. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

well, I hope the PK is fuckin' ready for the flightless Antarctic waterfowl, those pricks don't even get called for icing.

18. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

19. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

My theory is this: If you're a fan of an opposing local team and you choose to go to a game in "enemy territory" you have one of two things in mind. Either you were able to get more reasonable tickets by going on the "road" to see your team play, or you're going with the intentions of causing a stir. Go to the game, have fun rooting them on, but don't be a dick all over-the-top rubbing it in people's faces. I've never picked on anyone with another team's jersey on other than some good natured stuff unless they got really obnoxious.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I agree but the situation the poster laid out was they were cheering on Flyers and that upset Ranger fans to the point that they went over to Flyer fan section to cause trouble. Sounds pretty ridiculous that Flyer fans got kicked out given the circumstances as it was told by poster.