NY Rangers 2011-2016 Season + Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by FrankTheTank, Oct 7, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Good analysis Jay as always...my son was ice level right behind St.Pierre the ref when he blew the whistle and the call on MSL's goal, he said the puck was obviously never covered he could see it sitting there behind Mason, disagraceful reffing the whole game, nobodies pissed about the refs besides Greenday and me?

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's because they won

But I don't understand WTF is that ref's problem with the quick whistle trigger. He didn't even TRY to verify that the puck was under control. He could have at least flinched his fat ugly neck

3. matt robinson 17

GG he was standing right there the dumb fuck

4. GordonGecko

the dumfuck was there but like I said he blew the whistle as soon as the puck hit the pads, all he had to do was wait the extra second every other ref does to make sure the puck isn't loose

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Did you guys see the tying goal for Anaheim last night? exact opposite of the nonsense that cost us a goal

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

The worst part is that there will be absolutely NO ACCOUNTABILITY for that official from the NHL. He will be out there for the next round as if nothing ever happened.

7. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Good win for the boys yesterday. I thought they dictated play throughout. Of course it had to come down to a few tense minutes after the late goal, but glad they're up 3-2. Going into the game I thought the winner of game 5 would go on to close out the series in game 6. I'm sticking to that prediction. Hopefully that's the case.

Side note: The West games have been incredible.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Will the Avs match up against Blackhawks if they make it out?

9. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

oh yes I did, total mess in front of the net, and the puck actually made its way under Lehtonen's pad, but it pooped out again and it was curtains after that. no whistle to be heard. a whistle cannot be reviewed, but I think all "scoring" plays should be reviewed, goals are at a premium this time of year and its only right that they count when they should. rangers got jackrolled on that call. fuckin' disgrace. I want the boys to closeout Tuesday night, I do not want any part of a game 7 as anything can happen no matter whom is better than whom. wanted dallas to force a 7, of course the jackets too.
    nothing could have tickled me more than to see the waterfowl west (ducks) and the flightless ant-arctic waterfowl both tank in the first round.
    the hawks are looking like the hawks again, yikes................

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Bingo. Havent thought much about with the final score but if the Rangers had lost that game, that ref would have a tough time showing up in NY again.

The amazing thing is that after that he went the other way when Hank had a puck and it was time to blow the whistle and he held out a few extra seconds to cover up what could have been a disaster.

I mean he was right there!! He was probably 3 feet out of position to totally see it the camera angle was another few feet to his left and we saw it...I have no idea what he saw there and how he made that call..no idea;.

11. GordonGecko

[​IMG]

12. jaywayne12

This team could really use Krieder..any word on him at all? If they get past this series, he would be HUGE for the next series. Huge. Im really hoping he is able to start the next series if we get by. I know..I know...he is not the big goal scorer we all hoped for but could see him having a really good run..and his speed and size would be a major plus.

13. jaywayne12

He even looks cross eyed. What a prick. In the playoffs, how can a ref not hold his whistle back a few seconds is beyond me. You have to be positive that guys are either jabbing at the goalie or you actually see where the puck is being held by the goalie. There was no annoying jabbing going on with the goalie and of course no way he knew where the goalie had the puck. Horrible call.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Looks like a fucking toolbag

15. matt robinson 17

16. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

if the rangers fail to closeout tonight, they play again tomorrow night back to back. the kings sharks avs and wild all get a day off though before their game 7's.

17. jaywayne12

With all the days off..with all the nonsense of 3 days between games it would come to that. How can any league justify that? Stupid..Im wondering does the Penguin series start Friday? Why the big rush?

18. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

it's appallingly stupid jay!

19. jaywayne12

Nuts tom...have never heard of that. Never.

Rangers need to win this game tonight. Hank needs to have one of those games. They need to wrap this up tonight.

20. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

actually the pens and caps had this same situation a few years back, and of course the caps imploded