DeSean Jackson Signs with Redskins

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Truth4U2, Mar 22, 2014.

?

Trade a 3rd round pick for DeSean Jackson?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2014.
  1. Yes

50.9%
  2. No

37.1%
  3. Unsure

12.0%
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He has a workout bonus so it wouldn't be due until camp starts but I doubt if they wait that long that the $200K-$250K would be the impetus to release him.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i think people are confusing wanting to get paid and being a bad teammate

revis was a great teammate, but wanted to get paid. i'm sure it's the same with desean

3. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer, so no sense of urgency on there part.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

One of the trickiest things about these situations (i.e. character red flags) is finding a middle ground between someone who's toxic and that same someone who might just need a change of scenery.

Some of the stuff I've heard about Jackson hasn't been bad. For example, he's charitable, cares about community, etc. Now, does that make him a good teammate? Not quite. Nevertheless, it does say something about his character.

It's a tough call.

Br4d likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nobody who is very well compensated and is holding out for more or making that a constant part of the conversation is a good teammate.

The cap is the limit all players can get paid. When you are in the top 1% of earners in the sport and demanding much more you are screwing the hell out of the guys around you because whatever else you get paid is coming right out of the scraps they have to fight for each season in very short careers.

I don't buy that Revis is or was a good teammate. It's not just about saying the appropriate stuff, it's more about being part of a team.

nycztonee, gustoonarmy and Jets Esq. like this.
  6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

idk, i'm apart of the group that believe athletes have to get paid when they can

if desean wants his cash so be it, but i haven't seen a single report about him being a "me" guy or being a bad teammate

"But I've known DeSean Jackson since he went to Cal and he's always been a good guy. I can't sit here and say anything bad about him ... He's very to himself and relax and chill. He does his job, he does it well."

- mychal kendricks

7. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

@DeseanJackson10: Good to Talk to BIg Chip today !! Say or hear what ya want !! The Picture speaks for itself !! Winner… http://t.co/LHYQLmPoHo

8. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

well FUCK us

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

so... hes not going anywhere? :confused:

if thats so its back to our regularly scheduled program with picks intact, which isn't all bad. I mean we got the top FA WR onboard already and its a deep class, so...yeah WR at #1 or 2, nice and cheap, Cooks? Lee?...

edit, fuck it wait till later to find out the context, don't know what to make of that.

#529 TonyMaC, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    FJF likes this.
  10. NYJets17

What happened to all the "sources" you guys were posting to me saying the Eagles arent keeping him when I said earlier that they were backing off the trade?

11. NYJets17

I really wanted this happen, I gotta go to bed lol. See ya in the morning TGG

12. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

i just have a gut feeling that this is NOT going to happen if we havent done anything by now, sorry guys :/ i'm not too disapointed though, go with the original plan and draft obj, we should have really pushed for james jones

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I have a feeling nothings gonna happen with Jackson until mid April,Unless one of the teams that want him get agressive meaning us to.The Eagles don't need to rush they could keep him on roster until draft day witch they will likely do if they dont get the offer they want.And then they can wait to cut him to if they want

14. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

If almost rather not bother with this guy even though he's so explosive. Hopefully a couple of good receivers will drop to the Jets in the draft unless they find another WR to trade for

15. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So just to be clear, we are assuming the Eagles aren't trading Jackson because he posted a picture of Chip Kelly and said he had a meeting with him? Woo boy... this place...

16. patrick316

patrick316 Member

That's what I thought too. Picture looks like it's from last year anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It hasn't happened because he hasn't been cut. It's not up to us to put it in motion it's up to Philadelphia. Nobody is going to trade for him and his current contract. (Al Davis died)

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lol the guy is a as good as gone from Philly,this might be an attempt by him and his agent to make teams more agressive,and if it is its a pretty good idea

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He could have had a talk with Kelly and it might have been for the Eagles to see if there was any chance at all that he would restructure as part of a trade. The idea that he would say it was good might be that he finally knows for sure he will be cut and when it will happen.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why would the coach be talking contract restructure stuff with players?