PETA: For people who were against signing Vick (Your Opinion)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 21, 2014.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What Vick did in the past was pathetic and uncalled for, but I am most upset about his signing because he is an old, injury prone, average at best, QB who the Jets are paying $5 million to. Terrible. I have finally had it with this organization, but I will always support them.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Jets69, Animosity and 74 like this.
  4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

To feed the hungry? That's a bit of hyperbole there. Big difference between "feeding the hungry" and a person who is hungry eating. "Feeding the hungry" implies some sort of philanthropic act.

Regardless, ends doesn't justify the means. Most meat we eat is brutally killed but everyone still goes to McDonalds, KFC, restaurants, and supermarkets to buy it.

Watch National Geographic one day. When you see a big cats eating a water buffalo while it is still alive, then tell me how you feel about that. Not justifying Vick... I think what he did is wrong and he deserved getting punished, but people are so hypocritical. What he did is inexcusable, but the lies and crimes other people commit on a daily basis, including those who hate Vick, are somehow beyond reproach.

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Chance of me going back and reading the last pages is zero percent. ;)

chris5533 likes this.
  6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

You're mis-equating. Supporting Vick does condone animal abuse whereas eating meat does not necessarily condone animal cruelty. Case in point: all Michael Vicks have tortured dogs, whereas not all livestock are treated unethically. I use the word unethically because meat consumption is not inherently cruel nor torturous and not all meat production is abusive or torturous.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He has done good stuff for the ASPCA since getting caught, being incarcerated, losing his job, and realizing how stupid and horrible he had been.

I am as big a dog fan as probably anyone here. My avatar is a photo of a lab mix humping a stuffed animal. This dog actually attacked a larger pit bull and won. Anyway, Vick's actions in the past were horrific and I think dog fighting is for low lives, but I think it is time to move on.
    If you cannot, then you will need to make a decision. Switch allegiances permanently (temporarily would be stupid and nonsensical), stay a Jets fan or give up the sport.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Wow. After many egregious signings and draft decisions, I can't believe this Vick move did it for you.

Are you telling the thread starter to be a cross dresser now?

#108 Cakes, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I really hate this decision, but it just makes hope even harder that Geno develops and doesn't give Vick a chance to play. It isn't just the dog issue, it's the fact that Vick is old and injury-prone and running on empty. As a back-up I can live with this for a season. If he becomes the starter we're screwed.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

All I gotts say is ...lock up ya dogs!

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't insult anyone for feeling conflicted about this but my take is we watch this sport for entertainment purposes. My team is the Jets and I want them to win, if Vick helps that in any way then I'm all for it.

In a league with rapists, wife-beaters, drug users/dealers and murderers I personally think it's a bit hypocritical to single out one criminal, especially one of the few that actually did their time and by all accounts matured and reformed.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

As I stated in another thread, i feel the move to sign Vick is the worse I have seen from a personal stand point. I will not buy one article or items representing the Jets as long as Vick is a member of this team. I guess the team has went to the Dogs, I mean dog killers and some people place morals higher than others. I don't care if he served his time or has changed, I as a person will not support him and if he is the person they want Smith to learn from, then Smith is more doomed than I originally thought. I have been a Jet fan for 40+, as far back as I can remember and I am truly disappointed in the team as a whole.
    Burn me if you want, but I hope the team goes 0-16 this year and next season we have a NEW coaching staff and all new QBs on this team.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Lol. My bad was drunk.

TNJet likes this.
  15. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Right ... Vick sucks ... His career winning percentage is WORSE than Sanchez's, and a worthless piece of SHIT ... Geno will hopefully humiliate Vick, which should not be hard to do ...

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm the proud owner of two blue nose American bullies ( see Avatar ), two of the best and most loving dogs I ever had. I abhor people that torture animals so what Vick did out of spite, hate or ignorance was horrible. But it comes a time to accept that he paid a steep price for his cruelty, and since then has shown nothing but positive change.
    Continue to hate him for his past mistakes does not do anyone any good. At least he paid for his sins In spades, unlike the likes of OJ Simpson and potentially Hernandez, people that brutalize human beings, murder and get away with a technicality.

If we are not willing to give people that paid their dues a second chance, then the broad brush reaches far deeper than Michael Vick and will touch upon many many more people across our lives never mind the NFL.

DMSMaven, deerow84 and FJF like this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

well said LAJet, i have a blue myself and he is a big mush especilly around my little kids. i try to look at the bright side of things so when i look at this i think,there are hundreds if not thousands more fighting rings out there. 2-3 organizations probably filled in where vick was until he was caught. its not going to stop. but atleast with vick, they caught someone who has the means to make the reparations to organizations to foundations like the Humane Society and other animal shelters. so as bad as it was, and i couldn't imagine putting my dog in an environment like he was, at least there will be some good going forward.

anyway thats my take on vick, the felon.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You are a Patriots fan anyway. Right?

19. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Ugh the jets make it hard to be a fan

DMSMaven, Leicester Jet and JetsFan like this.
  20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Your telling me!