Eric Decker Officially a New York Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ctjetsguy, Mar 12, 2014.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Now we need someone to throw him the ball unless geno steps up or we get someone else this will mean nothing

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Sanchez is all we need.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

They are going to give Geno a chance to succeed this year with actual players, instead of practice squad guys and mid-season FAs

4. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

[​IMG]

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So it's your opinion that Decker is going to do worse in his 5th year with Geno or Vick (assuming we sign him) than he did in his second year with Tebow? I mean you're entitled to your opinion but that just seems ridiculous.

6. Mangold Goldman

Brian hartline makes 6 million... Mike Wallace got 12 mil a year and a ton guaranteed... Greg Jennings got almost 9 mil a year I believe

Decker may not be a world beater but we can count on a big red zone target, solid hands, and we're getting this dude in his absolute prime. Grab Ebron or a wr in the first, and if Geno has the goods he will improve with better targets and more experience..

Couple that with a young improving talented d, coached by a great defensive coach, and we should definitely be a competitive team. The arrows pointing up

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct, but I still have some hope the Jets can upgrade Qb.

8. Mangold Goldman

Double post

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

9. Big Blocker

Half of Decker's receptions in 11 were thrown by Orton. Who is better than Smith.

10. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

That actually made me choke on my coffee laughing

11. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Some food for thought, Decker's 4 games with Kyle Orton at QB in 2011 20 receptions 270 yards 4 TDs. That averages out to over 1000 yards had he kept catching passes from Kyle Orton. Keep in mind that was his second year in the league.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm beginning to think even AJ Green or Calvin Johnson wouldn't satiate this crowd.

13. Big Blocker

Yep. Unlike some in the discussion yesterday, I see that factor as a reason to get Decker, not a reason not to. I understand the point that IF he had gotten 8 Td passes in his second year all thrown by such an awful Qb as Tebow, it would have meant more about how he would do not playing with Manning at Qb.

But in fact even with a mid level quality Qb like Orton he would have put up great numbers, so 2011 STILL is good evidence countering the "he's only good with Manning" argument.

Unfortunately Smith has to improve a good deal to become a mid level Qb.

14. OverloadBlitz

Very true but I think Geno is going to improve dramatically now with a much improved receiving core and another off-season. Also Decker is now going into his 5th season so he's much improved from what he was in 2011 and I'm happy he played with Manning, there no one better to learn hard work from than Peyton.

15. Big Blocker

I will agree with the Smith Fans that it makes sense to upgrade the receivers no matter who the Qb is.

But I see no reason to expect that Smith will improve dramatically. That sounds like the sentiment of a homer.

16. OverloadBlitz

Not that he will become elite or anything like that just that he won't turn the ball over 30 times.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Orton is atrocious and the #s w/ Tebow were better than his #s w/ Orton. slightly more recs, much better yds per avg and same Tds.

we are much better off w/ a developing young QB than having a vet we know can't play like Orton.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Marty has a lot of confidence in Geno Smith, he even sold Decker on his potential. I trust Marty more than any other coach on this squad when it comes to offense.

Once that baby is born, Geno better give Decker a phone call!

19. Big Blocker

It is impossible that he will again turn the ball over that many times since they would bench him first.

But on the game to game level of performance, the Jets will have to find a way to minimize turnovers while not limiting him to less than 200 ypg and less than 6.5 ypa. If he can't exceed those numbers, he will remain a bottom tier NFL Qb.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't know. They let Sanchez turn it over 25 times two years in a row and still didn't bench him.