Emmanual Sanders UFA

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by J_P_5, Feb 5, 2014.

1. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Sanders is a better receiver and a better returner than anyone on the jets roster. Hes young and will not demand a lot of money I dont see any reason to not sign him

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Agreed but I don't see why Pitt would let him walk after letting Wallace leave. He will get a decent offer from them or someone else.

3. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I like Sanders and Maclin but the idea that these guys are going to be cheap is off base. Both will have many suiters and will get multi-year contracts. I think they both get 6+million per year.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Sanders looks like a 3-4m guy to me, not a 6m+. He's never produced like people talk him up as if he has.

In 4 seasons he has 2000 yards and 11 touch downs, never surpassing 740 yards (this season). That is not 6m/year production. He also missed 8 games over his first 2 seasons, however he has perfect attendance in the last 2.

I just don't see this guy as a 6m+ guy. He doesn't have elite size or speed, he doesn't have consistent production, he has what you want from a #3 guy and he works best out of the slot. 6m+ is basically elite slot money. He's not an elite slot guy.

Maclin will probably score 6-8m and Nicks will probably settle with a 1 year deal around 5m to prove he isn't done after his last 2 seasons.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'll take Nicks ,Sanders and draft a receiver in the 2nd.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'll take any 2 out of Nicks, Sanders, and Maclin. Any 2 of them would bring a HUGE upgrade to our WR corp.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with The 1985er and think you're mistaken about Maclin. Maclin is a very good WR. He's smooth and has very good hands. He also has a big advantage over any other FA WR. He knows MM's offense. That would be huge in helping him acclimate and becoming a leader on his new team.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You can't be serious! The only thing Britt is going to turn into is convict and/or an ex-NFL WR. Britt sucks balls. I'd rather they fold the franchise than bring that piece of crap in.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fuck Hakeem Nicks.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think the fact that he knows MM's offense is the best argument of why we should sign him over Tate.

Tate dropped 3 balls all year and caught almost 70% of the balls thrown at him. That's really good. He's also still young and has more upside then Maclin. He breaks tackles and creates yards after the catch which is something this team really needs. He's a tough guy to bring down.

I don't dislike Maclin, just don't think he is as good as Tate.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

James Jones is a solid option imo. I wouldn't want to pay any of Maclin/Sanders/Jones #1 coin because they are probably mediocre #1s and very good #2s, I have a feeling all will cash in this yr.

Maclin has probably been the most impressive, knows MMs system, but is coming off an acl.

12. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one Kurt. It's hard to listen to all of the back and forth over who would be a better fit for the team when all we really want to see is some level of NFL competence. Not that there's anything wrong with debating the choices, it's just been so frustrating watching our sorry excuse for a passing game over the last few years that it's hard to believe any one player could make that big of an impact. At this point it seems like more of a systemic issue that needs to be fixed...

13. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

They have a lot of priority money to commit to free agents and they are also cap strapped he will not be a priority