revis's end of season mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Dom, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Baptiste is twice the player Reynolds is and SJB can project to Safety in the right scheme in the NFL.

2. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!! Ebron is without a doubt the pick, the guy is gonna run 4.5 at 250 pounds and plays tight end, he reminds me a lot of Vernon Davis and (I know people will give me flack for this, but the PLAYER not the person) Aaron Hernandez, both of those guys are like huge receivers and are mismatches no matter who covers them, their strength, size, and speed gives them a huge advantage, I really love this mock.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Thank you. So was yours.

_

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like Baptiste and agree with most of what you say about him, but don't you think the Jets need DBs with better ball skills? It seems to me that if the Jets are going to take the next step, they have to develop the ability to get TOs. Just having CBs who are good in coverage, but who have lesser ball skills just won't cut it imo. For sure, that would be an improvement over what we have now, but not enough to get us to the Seattle or "elite" level.

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i mean it's not the end of the world if baptiste doesn't have the greatest ball skills right now, he's still made some amazing interceptions but has dropped some easy ones. dee milliner had poor ball skills coming out of bama, but ended up getting a few take aways

yeah i knew beckham being there at our pick would be rare, but you never know. if not him then i'd prefer jarvis landry

#25 Dom, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  6. NCJetsfan

No, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'd certainly prefer the Jets get DBs with great ball skills, since they don't seem particularly adept at being able to teach or help their players develop those skills (if that is even possible).

I think your Beckman comment was meant for another post, but I'd be VERY happy with either Beckman or Landry.

7. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

Dennard from Michigan State would be ideal fit for us. Very physical and played mostly man to man in college. If we end up releasing Cromartie, CB will be as big of a need as any on the team, and I wouldn't mind taking him in the 1st if he's the best guy left on the board.

8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Depends on if we fill the CB spot in FA. Grimes, Talib, Davis, Tillman, and Shields are all FA's that could come in and fill the #2 CB spot. I also like Terell Thomas from the Giants as well.

9. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I love the first three rounds. Unfortunately, besides Ebron, I don't see any of those players being available when we pick.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I am looking at a player that can come in right away and play FS. Baptiste would be a project at the FS position. I do not like the sound of that. He would have to learn on the fly and be reliable that is a lot to ask.

All I hear about Reynolds is his ability to play that very position - and his football IQ allows him to be the QB of the defense.

We have been down this project player thing before ... and it has not panned out well ...

11. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't want to have two "rookie" CBs starting. While Milliner isn't a rookie per se any more, he missed so much time early this past season that in some sense he is still a rookie. I think the Jets need to sign a veteran CB like Verner, Shields or Grimes.

12. NCJetsfan

I agree. I'm tired of the projects. I don't know one way or the other if the Seahawks have been successful with that, but know for a fact the Jets sure haven't. Once they have the team built and have good depth, if they want to take a project late in the draft, fine, but until then value and use every pick as if you expect that player to be at the very least a solid backup and role player, if not a starter. Eff that project BS.

13. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i never wanted to use baptiste as a safety, i drafted him as a cornerback. he wouldn't be a project

14. NCJetsfan

I know. I and I think the others were responding to WW85's comment that he could project to S.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Baptiste was impressive in drills last month, he looked very fluid and moved very well for a big corner.

I don't see many true CBs with great "ball skills" in this draft and in the NFL. Baptiste did have an INT in his 1st 4 games.

I think the term "ball skills" is overrated for a CB, Safeties generally have better skills in making a play on the ball.

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

To the others, you may not believe me, but Baptiste has the skillset to project to safety, many scouts even noticed this in Mobile.

17. NCJetsfan

Thanks for your response. I don't dispute his athleticism, movement, fluidity, coverage ability, etc. I like him from that perspective.

I certainly respect your opinion and knowledge. You certainly may have a point on ball skills as relative to CBs and Ss, and that's fair. There is at least one CB I know of in this draft who does have very good ball skills. That is Ross Cockrell of Duke. He's also very smart, as one might expect, and a leader.

What do you think of him?

#37 NCJetsfan, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  18. NCJetsfan

I don't dispute that, either. As I said, I like him as a prospect, but just prefer someone with better ball skills. If there's not anyone with better ball skills and the Jets like him the most and he's there at one of their picks, fine. I'll be happy with the pick.

I just am tired of the "project" players with the Jets that never work out. I think the Jets don't have the great "teaching" CS that many claim they do.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Love that Kid, he's probably one of the smartest players in this draft.

20. NCJetsfan

In what round do you think each will be drafted?