17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Probably be offered better seats then I have in the UD. Douche bags. When I call in April and tell them I am done unless I get 4th row between the 30's, they will tell me nothing good is available, you have to pay first and then we see. Not this year, gonna hold my ground. Keeping Rex is not gonna have people running to the Jets Woody boy

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I doubt another SB will ever be played in East Rutherford so when U factor in the cost of the tix/airline fare/hotels & rent a car I really doubt if many will attend if they ever make in during your life time :sad:

3. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I'm a member of a Trump course within the Tri-State area (sorry for being vague). He loves spending money on his golf courses and if you know his passion for golf, you would know all he cares about doing is holding the US open at one of his courses. The women's PGA will hold the US Open at his Bedminster course (NJ) next year. Doral purchase was huge because he'll finally be able to hold a world class mens eventat one of his courses.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

6. GordonGecko

final count was 50 unsold tickets, including a lot of suites. Cheapest was level 3 suite for $1500 per ticket

7. alleycat9

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Oh boy,,,,lots of bad press about exiting the stadium ,,,,getting out of the stadium or should I say getting home was a nitemare it's all over the news

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/02/super_bowl_more_train_problems_as_announcer_asks_fans_to_stay_in_metlife_stadium.html#incart_maj-story-1

The stadium can't be blamed for this, BUT it's another example of the NFL and the Stadium owners neglecting it's customers. This was promoted gleefully as the 'Mass Transit' Super Bowl, yet the system was ill-equipped for it. They were beyond capacity getting people in to the game, so they had 5 hours to call in as many buses as they could find for the mass exodus that was sure to happen. Imagine being told you can't leave a stadium for at least an hour and a half? WOW.

When you see the lines, and and the mobs, and look of desperation and despair on these people's faces, remember they haven't paid $75 or $100 for a ticket, these people have paid thousands and thousands of dollars to be here this weekend. The NFL and the organizers are all smiles and grins, patting themselves on the back at the huge success, but the moment the game ends, its the big FU to those who funded it - suckers just like us. I actually feel bad for a Bronco fan from Colorado who witnessed the beating, then had to endure this crap just to get back to their over priced NYC hotel room. And now their flight home is canceled. Was it worth it? HELL NO.

We'll never see another SB here. They really dodged a bullet with Monday morning's snow storm. Imaging had that been yesterday? It sort of bugs me that Goodell and co. will escape this clean as a whistle, as always.

I wonder if there are still fans of both teams stuck in Secaucus Junction this morning, still muttering "Jersey Sucks" as if it's NJ's fault.

10. GordonGecko

Yep, I used NJT once when metlife opened and that was the LAST FUCKING TIME. Worst "designed" rail link in the history of the fucking universe. Not only do you have to go down a long assed corridor at secaucus and down a bunch of stairs to WAIT for the connecting train, but that train is slow as molasses and takes the most roundabout track you can ever imagine in the swamps of the meadowlands. But the worst part is how those shit for brains operators make you sit and wait on the train forever before opening the doors and then there's only ONE FUCKING WAY OFF THE PLATFORM at the very front. What asshole designed that piece of shit train station, never use it if you value your life

11. LogeSection2RowJ

When you sit back and look at it all, the many elements that went into what is now the Meadowlands complex is pathetic and sad. What could have been, what should have been. From the stadium to the arena, from the Xanapoop, from the highway that bisects everything, the rail link, the huge track grandstand nobody went to, on and on and on. It's all patched together, one disjointed piece at a time. Embarrassing and sad.

When they got this Super Bowl, I figured some of this would be exposed to the world. Now it has been.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Someone I went to games with for years started to take mass transit when we moved to the new place and by years end he started leaving early 4th quarter because of the lines outside the stadium to get on the train. So its terrible after a regular season game when everyone stays and maybe, 5K people use it and for the super bowl they had 20k+ and they don't run a second train of have buses. This is what they did hours after the game

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index....cer_asks_fans_to_stay_in_metlife_stadium.html

Durso, the NJ Transit spokesman, said the agency also opened a second track to accommodate the large crowds, allowing two trains to be loaded at once. Each 10-car train carries about 1,600 people, Durso said.

13. alleycat9

i think that joe namath was there as part of a deal with goodell to show him how to sell his soul to the devil for a calm weathered superbowl.

i am actually a bit annoyed that it didnt end up a clusterfuck of snow and rain or freezing cold and of all days in the middle of this fuck you in the ass winter they pull out a 40 something degree day and night.

has anyone seen anything about the stadium itself? there were so many people there that have never been there and probably who have been to stuporbowls before. i wonder what they thought of our state of the ass stadium.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow,,,what a clusterf&@k,,,,they encourage everyone to take mass transit and then they cannot handle the volume,,,,they say don't drive and then this happens !
    I wonder if Woody took the train to the game and home ? :sad: I mean he most likely did right ? I feel for all those people they were treated like cattle,,,,For those that brought kids with them it must of been horrific ? Those of us that go to games and spend hundreds know it sux, can you imagine spending almost 2 grand a ticket or more to be treated the same way ?

I hope they enjoyed hosting it ,,,because as others stated they dodged a huge bullet weather wise but this train / bus fiasco could be the nail in the coffin as far as any future Super Bowl here,,,,,,,I guess if you called the nfl , or jets or giants they will tell you it went off without a hitch,,,just as planned!

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gordon,,nice job I am sure there are lots more where that came from

#18356 CBG, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

17. GordonGecko

I guess nothing gets past you!

lol

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

19. LogeSection2RowJ

Sorry I didn't pick up on it.

I did have a laugh over the thought of him amongst that post-game crush, though.