QDR First Offseason Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

We get 3 comp picks for Landry, Greene and DeVito. 4,6 and a 7.

I'm not gonna do a huge write up because this is my second time doing this one and it got deleted. just gonna write the picks, and if you want to know why I selected them, just ask.

Round 1 ERIC EBRON (TE, UNC)
    - position of need, I think Lee, Evans a Watkins are all gone.

Round 2 JARVIS LANDRY (WR, LSU
    - brilliant hands, polished route runner.

Round 3 (from Tampa) DEONE BUCANNON (S, Washing State)
    - physical safety, playmaker.

Round 3 MICHAEL SAM (OLB, Missouri)
    - need an edge rusher. Sam has been fantastic.

Round 4 CAMERON FLEMING (OT, Stanford)
    - OLine depth, great run blocker.

Round 4 DAVID FALES (QB, San Jose State)
    - bring him in to compete with Geno, excellent short passer. needs to work on accuracy.

Round 5 AARON COLVIN (CB, Oklahoma)
    - well rounded corner.

Round 6 SPENCER LONG (OG, Nebraska)
    - polished guard, went down to injury.

Round 6 T.J. JONES (WR, Notre Dame)
    - perfect for ST, gets separation and stout route runner.

Round 7 COLT LYERLA (TE, formerly Oregon)
    - great talent, tons of off the field problems with right staff could be a goldmine.

Round 7 KIRBY VAN DER KEMP (P, Iowa State)
    - need a punter. Quigley sucks.

as for free agency I really only want Golden Tate.

2. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

Great draft I personally like Ebron over Amaro, because I think Ebron is like a massive wide receiver. Amaro is a bigger guy, but Ebron is a lot faster.

3. Ozymandias

I'm more for Ebron as well. I love Amaro's game he's probably the best TE in the class but there's something about Ebron. I think he's gonna be really great.

I also think Amaro will be gone by 18 anyway.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fales is a good option, not sure if he will be available in the 4th round - we would have to spend a 3rd rounder especially if he performs well in the Senior Bowl. Also, Fales is VERY accurate, not sure if you have seen enough of Fales, but accuracy is his strongest attribute.

Can't go wrong with the majority of the picks

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

In Free Agency, I'm hoping Idzik makes offers to: Jason Worilds & Golden Tate.

Worilds shouldn't be too expensive and I think he's capable of holding down OLB with the DL studs Rex has. Won't be great but I think he'll be good enough. Also, wouldn't be making enough money to prevent Jets from drafting there in 2015. Tate would be a huge upgrade at WR and I think he's capable of being #1 WR. If Idzik signs Tate and drafts a solid WR prospect in first two rounds, this offense will perform so much better.

This is my favorite scenario right now (which of course might change by the time draft day rolls around):
    • Sign Tate
    • First Round = Ebron or Amaro
    • Second Round = Matthews or another solid WR prospect (there will definitely be solid receiving talent here)
    • OLB & Safety aren't addressed in draft. I think Idzik can upgrade at least one of these positions without spending a lot.

====
    If Lee fell to #18, I'd be totally fine with double dipping WR in rounds one and two.

#5 ajax, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I've watched a lot of Sam recently (thanks to BTB) and do not see him falling as far as our third rounder. He has a very good first step off the line and excellent motor. I don't think there is much of a chance of him falling to our late third pick.

Ebron and Landry are good pick ups for us, not in love with Bucannon.

I don't see us offering a big contract to Tate so unless he comes cheap no thx.

Nice job though.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Auburn abused Missouri in the run game though - wonder if that drops Sam's stock to the top of the 3rd. Sheldon would love for us to get him for sure =)

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I would be happy with that.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know most of the players you have for the 3rd round and lower, but for the most part like addressing the positions you addressed. I love the Ebron and Landry picks, also the Sam pick. I haven't seen Fales play, but a number of posters here like him, and I do think the Jets should draft another QB, so it sounds as if it could be a good pick. I also like grabbing the punter.

10. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I really really want Allen Robinson and think he is being severely underrated. He gives me an AJ Green feel. He doesn't look too have blazing speed, but her high points the ball better than any player in this draft outside of Mike Evans. I'm interested to see what he runs in the 40. I'd definitely take him over Landry. I'm in the Ebron over Amaro camp as well. Sam in the third would be incredible, but I think he'll end up going late first.

11. Ozymandias

Coincindentally, I struggled between Robinson and Landry with the pick. Fan of both, but what it came down to was Landry's hands. He's got some of the best hands I've ever seen.