With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Axel3419, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Good list, anybody but Richardson potentially on the 18 and Richardson in the 2nd round. Ebron and Amaro are maybe slightly below the 18 but not much.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I watched Flash Gordon once, I was stoned as shit and honestly I don't think I blinked once the entire movie.

Gonna have to catch it this weekend from the start for once!

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I remember when Idzik was on the clock one of the talking heads said "All we knew for sure is the Jets won't be picking another defensive lineman".

Then BAHM!

In a way that was the funniest moment of the entire draft.

You just know the genius who made that prediction was sitting in a bar when Sheldon ran the ball in for 7 and one of his buddies nudged him and said "Ain't that your Jet guy there sending the fish home on a plater???? hahahah

4. Mangold Goldman

Jesus Christ I am salivating at the thought of Jace Amaro in the green and white... he's tearing up the Arizona st linebackers and would be such a security blanket for Geno, especially on third down.

5. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Jace Amaro or Mike Evans would be ideal in my opinion. and Amaro is certainly making an impression on me at the moment.

6. chadsrightarm

chadsrightarm New Member

Really impressive and we defo need that security blanket 'im open even when covered guy' but i think even more we really need someone that can take it to the house in the blink of an eye. We havent had that since Santonio lost his heart in that mysterious boating incident...

I also just wonder if someone is going to destroy or tank the combine and shake up the wisdom here - last year it was dl and ol that dominated the draft and i recall jarvis jones (medical reports), floyd, and damontre moore (couldnt lift) just falling like pianos after being early darlings.

Any insight on Watkins and character and drugs? For example, i know there were concerns years ago, but might they rear their head again as we approach May.

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Whoever drops from Cyrus Kouandjio/Greg Robinson/Cedric Ogbuehi

Give Geno the extra couple of seconds that he needs.

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

A) I think we should trade down. The 18th pick isn't a big problem in the first round, but picking late in the following rounds is more detrimental. If we can move down to the bottom of the 1st and pick up two or three picks later in the draft, we could do a lot for the depth on this roster.
    B) I know I'm in the minority, but I would have no problem with picking a defensive player with the first pick if they are BPA. A quick outside LB, a ball-hawking safety, or a solid #2 corner could really do a lot for this team in terms of getting the defense off the field and giving the offense more opportunities. --Not saying that would be my first choice (WR or OL, please). but I wouldn't be upset about it.

9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I have no quams about picking a defensive player in round 1 either. In Fact, If We dont land Evans , and stay at 18, I'd prefer to go with Mosley or Clinton-Dix over the other WR/TE that would be there

10. 2 Names that I think are going alittle unnoticed

WR Donte Montcliff Ole Miss.-6'3 225 & will likely run in 4.3's.Was productive all 3 years at Ole Miss & at times was uncoverable.

TE Austin Sefarian Jenkins- This guy is just as legit as Amaro & Ebron. Really smooth in his routes, BIG target w/ fantastic body control who can really get up the seam. Also an above average blocker.

11. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

Jace Amaro TE/ Texas Tech
    Eric Ebron TE/ North Carolina
    Marqise Lee WR/ USC
    Mike Evans WR/ Texas A&M
    Ha Ha Clinton Dix S/ Alabama
    Trade Down:
    Jordan Matthews WR/ Vanderbilt
    Paul Richardson WR/ Colorado
    Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE/ Washington

Those are our options

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

If its not offense, than I just have no fucking clue what this team is thinking. We have the worst set of skill players in the NFL.

Give Geno someone, anyone, to throw the damn ball to..

13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Every few years the Jets pick a TE in the first round, usually ending painfully...
    Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller

I don't know about any of this year's TE's other than what I'm reading here, but any Jet first round TE usually comes in with unrealistic expectations that they don't live up to

I'd rather pick an under the radar TE (Jenkins?)

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Greatest name ever

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like "She Hate Me" better (or was it "He Hate Me"?)

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I've got the special edition and on Blu Ray

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Oh the painful memories...... Johnny Mitchell was more interested in runway than football.

I think Amaro and Ebron are different breeds really. Big, fast WR's in a TE body. Both have their flaws, I always get nervous about guys who come from Air Raid offenses ie; Amaro and Ebron has the drops from time to time but both arre super athletic and gifted.

18. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

agree with this alot. shazier from ohio st looks the real deal. has the mean streak gholston didn't.

19. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

...no ones knows who will declare for the draft so it is hard to say, but I think the best 2 WRs are Watkins & Benjamin, to me Kelvin Benjamin could be the next "Mega-tron" thoughts??

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Sadly, I would actually settle for good at this point.