Our offseason moto: 'Watkins/Evans/Lee'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Really like Mike Evan but I think all three WR you picked will be gone when Jets are on the clock. They're gonna have to look at one tier lower (like the Vanderbilt WR).

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

When Lee was healthy and had a QB to throw him the ball he put up the best numbers out of the 3 and it wasn't close.

#22 legler82, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  3. Titans

Titans Member

He runs about a 4.55 40 far from a 4.80 with his height, leaping ability, and target radius I will take him over any 4.4 guy in this draft aside from Watkins

4. legler82

I wouldn't take him over a 4.4 guy that is a precision route runner with WCO experience.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Seferian-Jenkins has declared and may be the 1st or 2nd tight end off the board.

As for the WRs, Lee reminds me of Marvin Harrison. He is a precise route runner with good hands and runs like a RB. This guy will be good after the catch. He also has really good speed. I am not sure why someone upthread knocked Lee's speed.

6. Zombies

Zombies Member

I always wondered how Lee Evans just dropped off a cliff, I remember thinking he was really good.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I love Ebron as a weapon, but consider Amaro and ASJ a bit below him. I have an absolute draft crush on Kelvin Benjamin this year and would love to see him in green and white. He's a matchup nightmare.

8. Titans

Titans Member

Why do you assume that it will translate to the NFL there are speedy receivers every draft that guys like you go crazy over that don't amount to much in the league.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We don't know what he'll run hence why I said he could. His production on the field indicates that he's nowhere near a vertical threat and doesn't have breakaway speed. That's not to say he can't be a good player but I think this team needs some playmakers that can stretch a defense rather than a big possession receiver.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think it should be mentioned that you are terrible at being funny.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I doubt it. He has first round talent and, as a pass rusher who can also cover TEs and backs, he will be coveted. He is also a high character guy. Maybe he will last to round 2 if he has a bad combine or gets injured between now and May.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Watkins and Lee both return kicks and have returned punts.

That's something you can ask a rookie WR to do in addition to learning how to play WR in the NFL.

I think Lee is one of the most NFL ready players in the draft. He's the one most likely to make a real contribution to the Jets next year.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lee also has the bravado and motor like Shelden Richardson...Would not surprise me if Idzik loves that guy

14. legler82

"Guys like you" WTF do you know about me? Anywho, individually the following traits sometimes do not translate well to the NFL; however, rarely will the combination not translate:

-speed
    -quickness
    -route running
    -toughness
    -hands
    -run after catch
    -leaping ability
    -competitiveness
    -willing blocker
    -production

Also Robert Woods had a pretty productive rookie reason playing with a rookie QB. When Woods and Lee were on the same team, Lee was clearly the #1 WR even though Woods had seniority.

15. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

He'll be gone by our second pick were kind've stuck in the middle not really in a good spot. Maybe we grab a tight end with the first then trade up for him. I was hoping for a receiver then van Noy but that's not happening

16. Titans

Titans Member

I guess you don't watch USC games Lee rarely goes over the middle..lol.. as for your comparisons Lee is 6' 195 Watkins is 6'1-6'2 210 Evans is 6'5 225 oh btw Lee is a 4.49-4.58 40 guy and skinny he is no better than Davante Adams or Jordan Matthews who run just as well or faster and are taller I wouldn't take Lee before pick 20. If Watkins and Evans are off the board the next impact receivers are both TE's Ebron or Amaro...Heck we already have a Marqise Lee in Santonio Holmes we could just resign him on the cheap.

17. legler82

I think his character may end up leading him to become the the first WR taken off the board when it's all said and done.

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Watkins is the most explosive of this group. He also plays more physical than Lee. Evans has the ability to be a more athletic Marques Colston.

The sleeper here is Benjamin if he declares. Not sure how high up the draft board he rises but he's got great size and game breaking ability.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Isnt Marquise Lee a outspoken/emotional guy like Dez Bryant?

20. Titans

Titans Member

Nothing personal with the "guys like you" line I just mean guys that like speed and I don't agree with you that Lee was clearly the better receiver Woods was just as much the receiver and made all the tough catches on that squad. As for your list Lee is not tough(always hurt), average leaping ability, and does not block at all you could see that from the recent bowl game against Fresno State.