if jets lose last two rex is fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Dec 20, 2013.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You're right, we're too hard on poor Rex. He is such a HUMBLE man, never self-absorbed, didn't bring any of this on himself, and always takes blame when something goes wrong. That is why he constantly insists he is the best man to coach the jets, used his last 4 number 1 picks on defensive players, tatooted a loser QB's number to his own body, has used three crappy offensive coordinators the last three years, and picked captains for his team who imploded in the team huddle. None of this is Rex's fault, after all, he just said his new boss gave him an A+ draft to work with this year.

2. section134

section134 Active Member

the papers were filled with reports on how woody was outraged the team didn't win the division and lost 4 of the last 5 games
    this year after beating the saints and having 5 winnable games out of the last 7----woody and many of us expected the jets to go down to the wire for a playoff spot

being smashed by buff and Miami is the reason I think rex is out------I can take losing to balt as they were last years sb winner----and Carolina with cam newton was going to be tough---------draft picks geno---milliner--- winters were just fair-------Richardson seems to be a good pick----but the rest of the draft was poor

idzik did good job in trading 4th round for ivory----is that on rex or idzik
    getting Antoine barnes was good move--------having poor wr was BAD---is that idzik or rex--------if jets lose last two games rex's record in 5 seasons is 50%-----must add to that his 2 afccg for complete record----I am annoyed that he has just let the offense sink to zero--------Houston has top 3 defense in total yardage given up as well as top 3 best in passing yardage----THEY ONLY WON TWO GAMES
    we need someone who can throw and lots of guys who can catch----injuries always knock out some players

3. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Sorry, but I am pretty sure you are delusional ... Rex isn't Mangini .... Rex actually has a clue ... Mangini just SUCKED

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but you've been a football fan long enough to know that you can't judge a draft or individual draftees as poor selections in the year they were drafted. It takes at least 3 years to be competently able to judge a draft.

And where were they supposed to get those better WRs? If you'll recall there was practically no cap space and a ton of holes. Very good WRs aren't usually available in FA unless they're older and too expensive, have an injury history or are coming off of a major injury, or have pretty bad off-field issues. They had to count on Tone coming back and playing well, and Hill stepping up in his 2nd year. I'm sure that Idzik and Morhinweg, and hopefully even Rex wanted more and better WRs, they just really didn't have the opportunity to get them in FA. Supposedly, Idzik went BPA in the draft. Idzik could have taken Keenan Allen instead of Brian Winters, but Allen was coming off a pretty serious injury. If he drafted him and Allen hadn't been able to play, fans would have killed Idzik for that. Also, if he had drafted Allen, it means we would have probably been stuck with either Ducasse or Peterman at LG, and fans would have been screaming about that too.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Rex didn't know who Geno Smith was, then Idzik should have punched Rex in the mouth.

6. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

whats 6-10 and out of the playoffs versus 8-8 and out of the playoffs? Really no difference so they will make a decision if they think he is the guy or not for the future. Extend his Contract and build the Offense