Blow it up!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha how pissed are YOU gonna be when rex uses his first 2 pics on pass rushing OLB and FS!!!

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Offensively keep on Mangold, Kerley, Ivory and fix the rest of the mess.

/kindaserious

3. joegee

joegee Member

The only option is to remake this organization from the top down.

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Don't forget to keep Nick Folk. Won't somebody think of the kickers?

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have always wanted the Jets to be as bad as the Cincinnati Bengals during the early 00's or the Lions during the mid 00's or the Raiders of the last decade. Nothing would make me happier than to see them get a few good top 5 picks in a row. It would be so joyous watching 40+ losses over the next 3 years.

I think we can all agree on this.

6. dex13

dex13 New Member

and how will that help?? Wasn't Sanchez a a top five pick??

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Ha, very true. I don't want Folk going ANYWHERE.

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Let's keep in mind that the 2009 team made the champ game (made the playoffs actually) because Caldwell pulled Manning in the 2nd half of the final game. Absent that, the jets would have not made the playoffs that year. The jets need tons of offensive help and Rex Ryan is not guy to build around--if Rex had the final say he'd give Ed Reed a new 5-year deal.

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The pass protection of this Oline is scary. There is no pocket, ever. Just toss a grenade in the offensive huddle.

We also run the ball, but hardly ever bootleg; so stupid :breakdance:

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Na, I say CB an DL , I doubt they'll draft a OLB, obviously we need one, however we have Barnes an Coples, so that position will go unaddressed again.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Without a doubt corner will be picked with #1 or #2. That's the Rex draft special. Db's are fun :breakdance:

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Tanking doesn't guarantee future success. For every Bengals or Lions turnaround. You have the Browns, Bills, Jags, Rams, etc that is forever rebuilding. I don't want the Jets to become one of those teams. We have a decent foundation in place, we need to add to it.

Defense

Cromartie
    Wilson
    Milliner (has the benefit of being a rookie)
    Allen
    Bush
    Harris
    Davis
    Coples
    Ellis
    Harrison
    Wilkerson
    Richardson

If we can add a OLB and a FS. Plus you can expect improvement from the young guys.

Offense

Kerley
    Holmes (I'd keep him for one more year I'll explain later)
    Nelson
    Cumberland
    Ivory
    Powell
    Goodson

Kerley can be a good 2nd/3rd receiver. Nelson is a fine depth player, Cumberland is a good 2nd TE. Now if we can add a vet like Jay Cutler, add some depth to the oline, I'd bring in a vet WR like James Jones or Hakeem Nicks. Plus draft Lee or Watkins. Bring in a vet TE. I'd keep Holmes another year just so we don't have to put our rookie in as a number 1/2. He can be eased in to the role.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That was my point. I don't ever want to see the Jets suck for a few good players because all that will lead to is more sucking in most cases.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Oh okay I hear you.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

We certainly need an upgrade in OL. But we also desperately need secondary help. Not only do we need 2 safeties but we desperately need corners. It is very likely Cro will be cut this offseason rather than pay his bonus. Leaving us with Milner as our number 1. This really scares me.

I love the idea of adding a WR and a TE in the draft but the odds a receiver contributing the 1st year is low. We need to sign at least one established above average FA WR and a decent TE.

But the bigger concern is the CS. If Ryan is fired we will lose a lot in defense. That likelihood is rising as the odds of winning more than 5-6 games seems quite low. If Ryan goes it truly means the team is blown up and we should realistically be looking at a top 10 pick for many years to come. At least with a bad offense his D always gives us a chance. Without his D it might be a long time until we are competitive again.

16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

The Jets have very little talent at the skill positions. They had very little last week also. Why all the angst now? The game today merely highlighted what we already knew. It will take time to build an offense. I'm sure Idzik knows this and will address it in the off-season. If anyone on this board didn't know it then they do not know anything about NFL football.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Some players that we should target in free agency:

Jarius Byrd FS - Put this guy in center field to give our CBs some help and Wilson, Milner, and Cro will look 100% better

Jeremy Maclin WR - Replace Holmes with what we thought he would be

Jimmy Graham TE - Expensive and could be franchised but would be our future QB's best friend

Brandon Pettigrew TE - Whether or not we get Graham I would still make this guy a target

Rex Grossman / Shaun Hill / Kelen Clemens QB - Veteran QBs could mentor younger guys and possibly start, both guys looked good when they came in due to injury

Ben Tate RB - Upgrade over Powell to share the load with Ivory

#37 James Hasty, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Not a bad list. I like the Tate and Maclin moves. I'm assuming you mean Jimmy Graham, unfortunately there's no way in hell the Saints let him go.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If the Saints tag him I think we could afford the rest of the guys on the list.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

What did you think this season was/is? We are going to shed big time contracts, Idzik tried to acquire a bunch of comp picks, we didn't trade any picks, we didn't make any big time signings. This is what blowing it up does