2013 Week 13 Miami @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Nov 24, 2013.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

That RG3 deal will be one day reminded as one of the worst deals of the decade.
    The Rams will win so much with that trade its crazy lol

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The Trent Richardson trade is giving that deal a run for its money. Fortunate for Indy they might at worst give up a top 25 pick.

Still the Carson Palmer to OAK for 2 1st round picks and a 3rd(Think it was a 3rd) trade is on a whole other level.

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Way too many needs at the skill positions to waste picks on trades . Let Simms play , see if he can play, if so you let him compete with smith in camp . If not you look to restructure Sanchez, focus on improving skill positions , and address the qb in 2015.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This game is literally for Rex's job. You can't lose 2 terrible games in a row and top it off with a loss at home against the terrible division rival Dolphins. Just can't. At the very least, the team needs to compete, but they need to flat out win.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I would have agreed with that 3 weeks ago. On occasions he's now looking worse than the supporting cast.
    Just like Sanchez he's putting on a brave face, but his head is getting shot to pieces.
    I really really feel sorry for him and actually think this is on the coaches to do the right thing here. But they learnt nowt from the MS era so........

6. gustoonarmy

:rofl: WTF are talking about?

You go on like hes the worst coach ever.
    I suggest you take a look at his record and what hes actually achieved and achieving.
    We all know the team is devoid of electric play makers on offense, what would you have him do, make a silk purse out of a sows ear?

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just want to win a Super Bowl. Rex has shown me that he is not capable after 5 years. If the team continues to tank, it will confirm it. If he can show that they can still be competitive, then he can keep his job. That simple. Allowing Sanchez to get injured should have ended his job that night. Luckily for Rex, no one in the organization likes Sanchez, so he was able to get away with that.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I hope our front 7 can get consistent pressure on Tannehill like they did against the Saints. Hopefully our run game gives us a spark with Powell and Ivory, and if Geno can step his game up and play up to his ability we have a good chance to win.

9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Let me start this by saying...I love Rex Ryan. I would have loved to have played for him and the friends that I have who have swear by him....to the ground.

Having said that, I agree Knight. This little run of 5 games is for his job. 5 wins will not get it done...in fact, anything other than a playoff berth, considering where we are now, will not get it done. If this team collapses the rest of the way and doesn't make the post season I think that is all the ammo Idzik will need to bring in "his guy". Thank an exceptionally WEAK AFC this year for that. Normally, with 5 wins, we simply wouldn't be talking about playoffs period...but each season is its' own entity and thanks to the way this one has played out it has not gone in Rex's favor. 5 wins...maybe 6 at the end of the season MIGHT have kept him his job based on pre-season expectations of 3 wins. The down year has changed that.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Allowing him to get injured? How? By putting him in a game? Sanchez said he wants to come back to the Jets. Time to pick your poison.

11. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Geno will be back at home. Hopefully the fans get as loud as they did in that Saints game and the Dolphins game is avery good matchup for the Jets. Their Oline is utterly terrible so the Dline better be hitting Tannehill 10+ times. I expect Tannehill to be chucking up bombs to Wallace all day so getting pressure is absolutely crucial. The dolphins are also quite susceptible to the run which works for the Jets. MM is going to have to get Geno moving to avoid their pass rush similar to the two successful plays Geno had in the Ravens game. I was surprised and irritated that they didn't utilize Geno's athleticism more.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

It seems unimaginable, but there are actually five teams ranked below us in Total Offense. Miami is one of them. I expect our defense to shut them down all game. They'll take a few shots downfield, but if we can keep Wallace from burning us and we can make a couple of big plays on offense or special teams for a change, it should be enough to win the game. Lets's see if we can do it.

13. gustoonarmy

I don't think there are any NFL HCs that could do any better than what Rex has achieved this season with what is available.

NO ONE in the entire organisation thought that we would even make the POs, then all of a sudden a few wins has everyone saying that maybe we're not as bad as we think we are, maybe. But not good enough to make the POs.

Rex is not losing his job, not this year.

14. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

I pretty much have to agree with you on the Dolphins assessment.

This game comes down to: who sucks more.

This game will be so boring that the only football fans who will not fall asleep are the Jets and Dolphins fans.

15. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Walls with more playing time could only help if the Cromartie we get is the one we've been seeing for weeks.

Kyle Wilson could do a good job on Wallace. He'll just need to know when to turn his head around to not give the officials any chance of getting jobbed for a pass int. call

Walls on Hartline.....Wilson on Wallace.....Milliner on Matthews(Gulp).

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha our future franchise QB may not even be born yet

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

almost here

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He's 39-36. pretty fucking mediocre at best.

20. Mean Green Machine

Mean Green Machine Active Member