"Official" Start Matt Simms thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Aug 29, 2013.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Just stop please

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I really hope for Simms sake someone tells him not to hurdle for 1st downs down 40 in a game. You want to show you are giving your all, but you could do that diving headfirst and stretching out for the marker. For his sake and his football future, don't do that Simms.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

To be fair

Geno hasn't lost a fumble in a while......

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think the two pick sixes were bad enough thank you.

Simms has yet to turn the ball over.

5. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

A real game with mostly backups in garbage time!

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It was essentially a pre-season game when Simms was in today. But he did well. Glad he got a chance to play. Tough kid.

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

He played his Super Bowl and came up 5 inches short. From putting together a whole drive maybe. It's admirable that he'd risk his entire life for any remote shot to play the game he loves imo. Stupid, yes, but obviously he doesn't give a fuck.

8. James Hasty

Foul!!!!!

That is what you guys said about his pre-season heroics.

This game was very real against a far, far superior opponent.

9. BakerMaker

How many snaps did Simms have in a game?

You said unlike Geno, Simms held onto the ball in a sack and I said Geno hasn't lost the ball to the opposition in a while off a fumble.

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Enough already. Geno's played 8 games as a pro QB and he's 4-4 as a starter. Not bad at all considering what he's got to work with on O. Enough with this Simms starting bs.

11. MondayNightMiracles

IMO Simms is the better player.

Just out there performing his reads on the few passes he threw showed me more then Geno has all game.

And yes watching him run was even surprising to me. Whats his 40 compared to Geno, He seemed faster, maybe not more elusive, but faster.

I know it wont happen, because Rex IS still on the hotseat, especially after this embarrassment, but i wish we could sit geno and see what Simms has to offer. Every situation we put Simms in, he plays well. Ive seen ONLY positive things from Simms, While Geno from his early character issues which (SEEM to have) resolved themselves, to his MANY horrible interceptions and pick 6's, to his poor ability to hold onto the ball when being tackled, to his inconsistancy has shown many issues.

Dont get me wrong, Geno has surprised me this season, but my expectations were low. With that said I still think Simms is the better, more technically sound player, and i do believe he gives us a better chance to win right now.

12. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that he needs to become a successful NFL player less than probably anyone in the league considering who his dad is. But I'm sure in his mind a lifetime of taking shit for that very reason is what flipped that suicidal switch in his head right there which nobody else would have.

13. DanR

DanR Active Member

Nothing against Geno, but I would like to see more from Simms.

14. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I get it you are being sarcastic :up:

15. BakerMaker

He did this in a 40 point deficit against 2nd stringers as CIN was moving on ahead vs Miami on a shortened week.

This was nothing more than getting Simms' butterflies out of the way in case an injury happens and to get Simms a taste of the speed of the NFL. Credit to Matt from being at one point the 5th string QB to our backup QB and to get actual playing time but these snaps vs the Bengals need not be taken seriously.

16. MondayNightMiracles

He still played with poise, another thing hes done consistantly that Geno has done inconsistantly.

And yes some of them were second stringers, but so were the people simms was playing with (ie WR campbell and RB Ingram)

I know weve seen Simms in a lot of 2nd string situations, but hes excelled in all of them.... While Geno has even failed in certain 2nd string situations.

I think Simms deserves a shot. I dont think he will get it tho, due to the shaky front office situation.

17. James Hasty

So no matter how well he plays or whatever he does right it doesn't count because any time Simms is in the game is automatically considered garbage time.

Meanwhile, Geno makes bad decision after bad decision, fails to protect the football, can not lead the team to two wins in a row, and usually needs a freak last minute penalty to secure a win yet he is somehow the chosen one that will lead us to Superbowl glory no matter how badly he plays.

I call bullshit.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Jay Fiedler
    Brooks Bollinger
    Kellen Clemens

Hell even Sanchez to some extent.

Jets fans always want the back up WTF?

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

we're doomed.

20. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. It was good to give the kid some playing time, but it's ridiculous to want him starting over Geno. It was a horrendous game, yes. But please shut up with the "let's go with our backup QB, he is better than our starter" crap again. Geno is our guy for now and Simms is our backup for now for a reason.

Maybe we even played him to showcase some of his talent for the potential Josh Gordon trade. The Browns are in need in the QB position after all.