The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

He is also a Rookie with 3 game winning drives and will have more passing yards then Sanchez ( did not want to compare but you just forced me too) ever had in a season.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

stop with the 3 game winning drive nonsense.

also he might have more yards, that.is true mainly due to a oc who forces him to throw more compared to what sanchez started with.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Smith had himself a hell of a game on Monday night against the Falcons and you promptly disappeared for 10 days with nothing to say...

Smith then struggles against the Steelers and suddenly you reappear? It's pretty obvious where you're coming from and by extention where your rooting interest lies.

You flat out hope this Jet kid falls flat on his face.

As a Jet fan, I hope today's game does not go your way

In the meantime, enjoy the pregame: www.patsfans.com

_

#4623 joe, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Don't Sanchez supporters love to tell us about how he had game winning drives. But it's a problem when it's Geno's game winning drives?

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I don't think the Geno haters will come out after today. They were drooling after the pick 6 but slowly they were pacing back and forth waiting for something bad to happen.

He played a great game minus the pick 6. Took advantage of a wounded defense and made plays happen when the time asked for it. I know if Geno shit the bed today, people would be rushing to yell that he's a bum and needs to be benched. They would point it out home that Geno got schooled by a bunch of 2nd stringers so lets be fair with this.

There's going to be bad and good with this kid. He has the ability to succeed in the NFL, that cannot be denied.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Four 4th-quarter comebacks in his first 7 games in the league. It's time for people to just shut up, recognize that he has done more than could have been expected for a rookie's first half of a season, and if you're a Jets fan actually start rooting for him. You know, because you're a Jets fan?

7. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

My thing with Geno is that he can have a bad play/bad game and has the mental toughness to come back from it. Thats what you want to see in a young player. I am impressed. he will be up and down all year but the guys has showed that he can be a player in this league and we don't (saying this today) have to go out and find a QB next year. be nice to have a veteran behind him but we don't need to get one in the draft IMO.

8. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I am talking about. Its not like he is throwing to Megatron, or AJ Green, or any other big time WR. If you still don't think this kid can be a player then you arent a Jets fan and we don't need you.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

To his credit, Geno put the pick6 behind him, settled down and played a helluva game against one of the great defensive minds in the NFL today. Give the kid credit. He lost to Labeau but beat Belichek. Not bad from where I sit. Not bad at all.

He's up against Rob Ryan in a week or two and Lewis with the Bengals. One helluva baptism of fire if you ask me.

Geno is developing character. Give him credit. It's due.

10. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better. He is growing up and will still experience those moments like the pick 6 earlier. I just like how he comes back from the mistakes.

11. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Average game. That pick 6 almost ended us. Fuckin' guy has too stop making these stupid decisions.

12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Geno did just enough to give us and opportunity to win. And that's what he should be doing. Doesn't have the biggest or best receivers available to him. But he knew when and where to throw it even when he was under pressure or the receiver was covered. Ryan seems to have not to have trusted him this much this game. It will probably improve.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

ivory ran and ran some more. I'm not dogging geno but he had little to do yet again with the so called game winning drive performance. great game though and wish jets can always play like this

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He made a big completion to Kerley and put it where it had to be.

He made a TD and a 3rd down conversion with his feet, and he is working with decent talent but no pro bowl WR's or TE's.

He played a very good game today. Teams gave into our run because they had to respect Geno's arm and ability to make plays(And they got tired with the lack of depth and all too).

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

you sanchez haters love mentioning sanchez.... again, because I'm not fully 100 on geno just yet doesnt mean uts because of sanhez, really.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Because you're a Sanchez apologist.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Solid game from Geno. Didn't let the pick 6 get him down. Great runs by him on that TD drive. To fight for the extra yard and then the juke on Cole for the TD.

He didn't make a critical mistake after that pick 6 when well there were plenty of options to that could cause us to the lose game. This was the swing from good to bad and Geno was on schedule for a good game. Will he swing back to a bad game against CIN, we will see

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Here is what impressed me today about Geno today.

1. The accuracy. By my count he threw three balls all day that were not dead on. The INT, a short pass to Kerley and the deep pass to hill that got defended.

2. Stepping up in the pocket. The Pats put a lot of pressure on the edge today and he stepped up in the pocket a lot today and extended plays with just a couple of steps. This helped us convert a few 3rd downs. It seemed to be very good progress.

3. Coming back from the INT. Many QBs would fold but he drove us right back down the field. The INT was a terrible decision. But not folding and giving up more than made up for it.

4. The Run 2 Great runs by Geno. But the one on third down was pretty special. IMO it was one of the two biggest plays of the game along with the Allen INT. The effort and presence to bull his way to that 1st down then the TD was pretty nice.

5. Throwing the ball away I stopped counting at 8 throw aways. His decision making today was outstanding.

6. Third down conversions He made a ton of big time throws today converting third downs. My two favorites was the pass to Nelson on the game winning drive and one earlier to Kerley. Both were low thrown balls to covered receivers thrown precisely in an area that only the receiver could make a play on the ball.

Geno did everything that was asked of him again today and a little more. I was particularly impressed by his pocket presence and movement in the pocket. I also loved the effort. That third down run just fired up the offense. That is the kind of play that makes the team love their QB.

19. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

11 of 21 on 3rd downs today, most came from Geno.

20. HeartSpazm

HeartSpazm New Member

Geno Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mark Sanchez.

This O looks competent (a real NFL O) with Geno where Sanchez made us look like a D2 college team.