2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

It will be funny to hear how easy he goes on Coughlin for the crappy coaching. Accepting a penalty when declining results in a forth down? The announcers were scratching there heads and said maybe Super Tom forgot the down. Imagine if that was Rex? How do yozze fahget the down? That's you're job? He's haaarible!

Instead when a caller asks him about it, he'll say, hmmm, didn't notice. Are ya sure it wasn't a first down? No, I think he made it. I'll have to check on that, not real sure, but I think he made it, must have made it, I mean Tom accepted the penalty. Must have made it. Can we check on that? .....Lets see heah, he goes down at the 43, yeah that's close..real close. I think he made it. To close to not take the penalty.

I'm sure two timeouts on one bad challenge will be spun well also.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Maybe this is a little to far out there but his hate for the jets and total bias is not even debatable and I don't recall anyone in NY ever treating a local team like this ever. Phil's son is on the team that Mike continually bashes, maybe Phil takes it personally and even more does not want to be associated with a someone so un professional.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he had a similar relationship w/ the Giants in the early 00s.

4. harkin

harkin Member

Though you're right that he went on way too long, I actually agree with him here. Adding another playoff round/two byes/extra games/a team in London.....etc. are all horrible ideas.

ALL of these things would dilute the greatness that is the NFL and the owners/players/agents are in danger of letting greed make a mockery of the regular season. They are raking in billions and have the best sports product in the world and they are too stupid to leave it as it is.

Lastly, his point about Google/Apple/some tech behemoth getting control of the NFL presentation rights is very very real.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

he is grilling the jints, finally.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Ripping the Giants a new one right now. In doing so, he's even kind of sticking up for the Jets, regarding how the Jets have been treated over the past several years.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

And then he tells Giant fan not compare his team to the Jets so not lower himself to that level. THe Giants are an elite franchise like the Yanks, not like the ghetto Jets. Simms is to middle of the road to be associated with this bitter no it all arrogant fat slob.

#1207 sec314, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  8. Mitch_Dumstein

he launched into an initial attack on everything about the giants at 1 PM even saying that if the Jets played as crappy a game with as crappy coaching, they'd be getting murdered by everybody

Then he's spent the last 2 hours defending the great Jerry Reese, the great Tom Coughlin and the great Eli Manning against any sort of negative comment from any fans

The fat slob is nothing but a complete and total hypocrite with his tongue up the sphincter of his beloved Big Blue --- same as last week

thankfully, turned him off to watch the NCIS marathon on USA

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I would not say similiar Junc...he had a problem with several players that if it were the Jets...would have been a huge story.

The problem he has with the Jets has nothing to do with what his job is..to cover sports. He took out the Jets relationship with ESPN and a problem he was having getting coaches and players to commit to being on the air with him...period.

Because the Jets were just throwing him bones of a player here...a GM there...he used Rexs declaration that even if Manning had stayed in the game he believed the Jets could have comeback to win that game of the undefeated season the Colts were chasing.

While any honest Jet fan would probably say it would have been tough to win that game if Manning had played the entire game...what did Mike want Rex gto say..thanks for taking Manning out because we would have never won that game? Its foolish..and goes way beyond him just hating the Jets.

The Jets actions since has made his job easier to hate them offering him nothing...which I completely agree with. He had our new GM on in the preseason and wanted him to admit things that no other GM would ever admit to publicly. He gets away with journalism at its lowest form.

I have no problem if a fan of the Giants is a radio DJ and comes on and blasts the Jets because they make their feelings upfront...known.

Mike hides behind the absurdness that he is not a fan of a football team. He liked the Giants because of Parcells. He rooted for the Patriots because of Parcells.

I know you are a Yankee fan and any Yankee fan that doesnt believe he has a bias towards the Yankees and kills the Mets unfairly compared to the Yanks isnt being honest.

This "he blasted the Giants today" bullshit is his cover because Im sure he followed it up by saying their past..their past..their past. The way he goes after the Jets is as unprofessional as I have ever seen because he reasoning is striclty buisness...buisness..business.

He would never survive going after the Yankees in this area...the Giants in this area...never. So he goes after the smaller big market teams and now watch that the Mets are now off the FAN how bad it will get for that team.

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol he had to start out the first minute of the open by being defensive over how much he bashes the Jets and justifying it compared to the Giants.

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Francesa told Nantz he felt sorry Nantz and Simms would have to call the 2-3 Jets against the winless Steelers. LOL. He was so sure of it too.

"CAN'T WAIT" to tune into his show and see him fumble words....Giants winless....Jets over .500. His world is spinning. Jets win he chats 20 minutes about....rest will be baseball playoffs....then he has one of the Steinbrenner's on 2PM and the author of a Football Concussion book on....he'll spend the rest of his time on that.

#1211 BakerMaker, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

he must have been throwing things all over the place in his living room last night and RO must have have given him 10 pills and a warm glass of milk to get Mikey to sleep. He will focus on Rex not going for 2 as he should have. U watch. It the only negative thing.

13. Frank21

Frank21 Member

Francessa Show Notes.

1. Open with condescending mocking of Jets fans excitement 'Jets fans are lining up for Superbowl tickets'.

2. Criticize Rex/Defense for blowing lead.

3. Make case for Jets being lucky (bad officiating etc.).

4. Make case that Atlanta actually stinks so win isn't impressive.

5. Review things Rex said in postgame the he finds distasteful.

6. Begrudgingly commend Geno for game winning drive.

7. Move on to Yankees offseason.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

He'll typically give the Jets a little (the least possible amount) of credit for beating the Falcons but he'll basically say the Jets were lucky. Lucky Atlanta did not score at the end of the first half. He'lll say that they had significant injuries on both sides. And that the Falcons are just not that good this year. I doubt that anything he says is factually wrong but he's admitted he hates the organization for personal reasons. They've been battling for years about remotes etc even though Mr. T and Rex would go on his show and expose themselves to his barbs.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I know him and his schtick better than most. He plays the NY sports fans like a fiddle.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He'll for sure mention with a grin that Rex's Defense once again choked when it mattered most. Take it to the bank....will spend 3+ minutes on it. He'll mock Rex losing yet another challenge and then do his forced yell at Mike Smith for going for it on 4th and goal. "YA GIVIN DA JETS DA GAME. OHHHHHH MAH GAWD. TAKE DA POINTZZ FOR CWYIN AH LOUD."

He will endure the Jet call storm for 40 maybe 60 minutes until Hal Steinbrenner comes on for 30 minutes and then chat Yankees/MLB Playoffs/Concussions in the NFL with the Author coming in the studio for 1+ hours.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They just teased that Mike will have Hal Steinbrenner on today. There you go, that's how gets out of it. I did not here any teases yesterday so Mike called his crew after the Jet game and they got Hal to agree this morning to come on. I say 2 or 3 pm and then all yanks and baseball after that. SOB, what a piece of crap. I am turning to 1050 as soon as he comes on and I am a Yankee fan

18. jaywayne12

Nah..thats too easy of a response to what I wrote which is all fact.

The only thing he gets right about this area is that Jet fans are generally submissive in nature and will continue to listen to him regardless of what he says. His hatred towards the front office and ownership gets in the way of his ability to talk about the team honestly.

Now if you were talking about his ex partner..you would be correct. I know his schtick just fine.

19. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lmao, you called it about one of the Steinbrenners.

20. jaywayne12

Remember when Champ used to come on this site and say the Jets have not won a superbowl since blah blah blah...and he would knock the gm..the owner..any coach they had. It was a tough argument to make with him because the only way you could win is if the Jets win the superbowl.

The fat bastard is basically taking champs game. The Jets could run off 9 straight and he still sits in the catbird seat. Its a pretty safe position for him. To top it all off, while a few Jet callers squeeze through to call him out..he also gets the kiss ass jet fans that blow him and tell him he is right...that the franchise is a joke.

I might not be crazy about Rex sometimes but I would never call his show to tell him so..its part of the loyalty thing. Thats why guys like me come here to bitch about the team.

The Giants can go 0-16 but they have the superbowls. When the time is right...and Mike sees the true handwriting on the wall that the Jets can be a superbowl contender...thats when Mike will reach out and make nice with the Jets. Until then....he like so many...relaxes under the umbrella of no superbowls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.