Belichick is an A=hole

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #28Martin, Sep 17, 2006.

1. XNOUGHT

XNOUGHT New Member

I'll take Belichick over anyone else out there. Alledged A-Hole or not.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Fair enough, but I take it you'd be ok with your "mentor" refusing to say one civil thing about you to the press just because you took a job that he didn't want you to take?

That's why the former "HC of the NY Jets" is a champion douchebag.

TBTF

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Belichick is a great coach and by most accounts an anti-social turd when dealing in football matters. He is what he is.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Ultimately I don't care, but I couldn't disagree more. For whatever reason CBS was focusing on Mangini as he came over, and he was looking directly at Belichick when he stuck out his hand. Belichick couldn't get away quick enough.

Why is it so tough to acknowledge that BB is sending a very strong message to Mangini that he is persona non grata? Whether it matters to you or me is irrelevant - it clearly matters to him.

5. XNOUGHT

XNOUGHT New Member

Actually, I hear he plows a lot of ESPN staff and talent. Seriously.

I don't know what to think about that.

6. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

Was anybody expecting anything different? Belichick is completely emotionless except when it comes to the Jets, and then his emotion is pure hatred.

7. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Douchebaggery, thats my word, u cant say it........
    theif

here we go

You Bill Belichik are a douche and have been convicted of 3rd degree douching and will be sentended to the douche pennintentary and will have to work in the douche work release program, (sealing and testing) re-useable flavored douches.... and after being released from the penn. u will be a registered douchebag, and when you move or apply for a job, you must inform someone that u are a registered douchebag by the state of new york...

8. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Further proof that BB just likes to screw people or organizations like the Jets.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/lawyers_field_day_with_bill_nationalnews_susan_edelman.htm

eptember 17, 2006 -- A judge has thrown New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick for a loss - allowing divorce lawyers to grill the gridiron guru on his alleged relationship with a New Jersey woman, The Post has learned.

Belichick, whose team squares off in the Meadowlands today against the Jets, faces a legal blitz by the woman's angry husband, who accuses the veteran coach of wrecking his marriage.

Morristown Superior Court Judge Thomas Manahan granted a motion by Vincent Shenocca last month to let his lawyers subpoena Belichick in Massachusetts and question him under oath about his involvement with Sharon Shenocca, 41. She met Belichick in the 1980s when she was a receptionist for the New York Giants and he was the team's defensive coordinator.

The judge also issued an order that Belichick could be subpoenaed to produce all bank, credit-card and other financial records over the last five years that show any payments to or for Sharon. Her husband suggests Belichick has secretly financed his estranged wife's "extravagant lifestyle" by giving her cash, paying her bills, compensating her for "services rendered," or funneling money to Sharon's sister and brother-in-law in New York.

Sharon, who is unemployed and has no "visible means of support," her husband claims in court filings, enjoys "membership in an upscale health club, the constant attention of a personal trainer, a vacation in Jamaica, a beach-home rental at the Jersey Shore for the entire summer, purchases of furniture and new clothes, and travel by chartered jet."

Vincent Shenocca, 42, a construction supervisor, also demanded that Sharon provide documents to back up her claim that she has gotten by with money "borrowed from family and friends."

Lawyers for both sides did not return phone calls from The Post. It was unclear whether Belichick's deposition has yet occurred or been scheduled.

Sharon urged the judge to deny her husband's request to question Belichick, calling him a "public figure." But Manahan found "good and sufficient cause exists" for Belichick's deposition.

Belichick is also being asked to hand over any records showing if he paid for any of Sharon's living expenses, vacations, travel, hotel stays, or purchase or rental of any real estate. The subpoena covers any money that Belichick turned over to Sharon's sister, Theresa Radigan, or her husband Ned Massey.

Since the increasingly bitter breakup made headlines in Boston and New York, Sharon has fought back. She filed papers in July accusing Vincent of leaking the case to newspapers to "create scandal and innuendo," and to generate sympathy for his side. Saying the publicity could hurt their two children, ages 5 and 7, she asked Manahan to seal the public records, which he has not done.

Vincent filed for divorce last February, citing "a lack of intimacy for at least a year," and his wife's "constant phone calls" and refusal to stop "accepting large monetary gifts" from another man.

Sharon insisted her friendship with the man was platonic and "never hidden" from her husband. She also said she shared the money she received with Vincent.

Belichick was identified in subsequent court papers as the other man.

Vincent has told The Post he stayed home with the kids while Belichick flew his wife and her sister to the 2004 Super Bowl.

Belichick split up with his wife of 28 years, Debby, in 2004.

Sharon has not responded to requests for comment.

9. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

Why did i have the feeling this would happen?

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Bill Bellicheck is cold. That's why he wears that sweatshirt. :up:

11. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

That was my impression, too. But, really, who cares if BB acts like an ass? This isn't a drama show...all that matters is who comes out with the win. I wouldn't care if Mangini likes to kick puppies on the weekdays, as long as he wins on Sundays.

12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

...I'm glad he's acting this way towards Mangini, just shows how much it bothers him that he left. Good for Mangini to have the balls to do it and not care if the 'homeless genious' approves...

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

So we should hate BB for his D-Coord skipping town, against his wishes, to go to a division rival? Sorry, personally I never liked BB, but I am not holding this against him.

What was he supposed to do? Run up and hug Mangini? Say, "Hey, thanks for giving me that scare there. If you would have won this one, I would have been so proud of you!"

Get out of here. Belli acted exactly the same way anyone would have acted. The fact that he is just normally a prick has nothing to do with today's action.

I doubt Mangini expected any more than he got. He walked over because it would have been suicide for him not to. It didn't appear to me that Mangini was looking for more than what occurred.

Let it go. BB has the rings, Mangini doesn't. End of story. When we take home a few titles, then Mangini can demand respect from other coaches. For now, let's settle for giving him OUR respect.

14. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

OK, they have the video up on NFL.com and honestly, I don't see anything to read into here. Belichick is not a very emotional guy. He gave him a handshake, looked like he said something such as, "good game" and went on his way.

http://nfl.com/video

15. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Here here.

:beer:

16. Phlash

Phlash Banned

This has got to be the post of the thread.

17. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Belichick has no social skills whatsoever. Why would anyone expect him to suddenly transform from cyborg to carebear because of this. Despite all the talk of Belichick and Mangini being friends, I don't think Belichick has any friends. He has people that he associates with because of football. Once that relationship is severed, he has no use for them.

18. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

I'll take a "douchebag" winning coach like BB any day over a losing "nice guy" coach like Herm. You think Chuck Knoll, Tom Landry and Bud Grant won any popularity contests while racking up championships?

19. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I read an article that said that BB had kind words for Saban(another BB apprentice) before they met last year. He also wrote the foreword for Saban's book.

Based on this - it is difficult to accept the "he has no social skills" arguement. The man obviously felt betrayed by Mangini taking the Jets job. This really makes me happy as it could be the chink in BB's armor that he would actually show some emotion(through feigning indifference).

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_kmtmh/is_200509/ai_n15330389

I don't really believe this either. Any mentor(however tough it is) should feel pride and joy to see an apprentice move on and succeed at the craft he was learning. Sure it hurts to lose someone you have been instructing - but isn't that the whole point in mentoring someone?

20. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

wait they shook hands.. thats all.. and you all are freaking out?