The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. FriendlyDolphin

If QBs get most of the credit for wins then Geno get's the most credit for the jet's lost today.

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Let the season play out. Give him a chance to develop. See what he's made of coming out of this game. He still is making similar mistakes through 4 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Geno plays like he's not a very intelligent person. Does anyone know whether he did well on the wonderlic or did well in school? He looks dumb. He sounds dumb. He does dumb things on the field like running backwards into his own endzone.

I hope he's smarter than he looks because he's got all the physical tools for sure.

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

i don't think thats being a homer as much as it is being patient and taking whats in front of them.

I mean I wouldn't blame somebody for believing that sanchez could take the next step after 2010 for instance. not everything is apparent out the gate.

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

24 on the wonderlic, same as rg3 to scale.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Been a Jets fan for four decades and watched a lot of football during the years and Geno is not the answer so why invest in him for 3-4 years just to see him waste our time.

Much better guys coming out next year and since the SB is not in the cards this year it truly doesn't benefit us to go 8-8. If you can't make the playoffs you may as well get the best pick possible. All an 8-8 does is give Rex some ammunition to keep his job and enough hope for some fans to believe in Smith.

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Two words. Marcus Mariota.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Bunch of this is hindsight.

Harris is better in the 3-4 than Vilma....Sanchez had awful offensive coordinator calling by an awful OC in Schotty the first two years. He lost his confidence in 2011 though which is where everything fell for him. Wilson, Duccase, and Hill(Albeit he has at 1 more year at least remaining before we can fully dissect his time here) have not gotten the job done and Mangini was/is a good talent finder sans Gholston and he's a good defensive coach, he just had too much faith in his lousy assistants(Sutton/Schotty) that ended his tenure here.

I follow the college game plenty, people need to stop getting the idea that every single QB succeeds right out of college. This has nothing to do with him being an "Air Raid QB", he just has a lot to learn. In a normal circumstance, he would not be playing right now and would be learning on the bench. Of course Jet fans are one of the most impatient fans in the NFL though.

Stop being pessimists!

9. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

This is gonna be a short era. Should only last until Sanchez is healthy.

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed! At least Rex didn't make this QB pick, it was the GM.

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This is a different game without all the penalties. Geno was bad, really bad. Still, the penalties killed us today.

12. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

They scored 28 of their points off of Geno Smith turnovers.

Our only TD came against the Prevent defense.

Penalties suck, but this loss is on Geno Smith and the OL (primarily Ducasse and Colon).

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The trolls are out in force.

14. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

But this is the problem with bad organizations. They make mistakes, and then waste years forcing that mistake to become so glaring that they are forced to finally move on from the mistake.

Then they compound mistakes by forcing themselves to correct mistakes even if the ideal situation isn't available.

Trading up for Sanchez with one year of starts and having him play immediately was a mistake. History showed us that USC QBs aren't as good as advertised, and yet our idiot owner, pushover GM, and clueless-to-offense HC were enamoured with Sanchez. Massive mistake.

After four years, they realized it was a mistake, but bc they wanted to move on so desperately, they draft a kid with a million red flags and rush him into a starting role. it's complete idiocy.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

how can anyone be accused of trolling after that performance?

the only way you could troll at this point would be if you were to defend his play in order to get a rise out of people.

16. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Sanchez turned the ball over five times versus the same team last season.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure they knew it was a mistake a long time ago but Mark was signed to an old skool top 5 pick rookie contract that made it near impossible to move on from him any sooner

the only thing I am really down on the FO for failing to do was pick up a half decent Vet to play this season - but maybe the plan was to just let Sanchez play this year and let Geno sit and learn what not to do - but his injury spoiled that plan.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Buttfumble 2.0 is gaining momentum.

I've gotten texts from 5 friends (2 Giants fan who have nothing to crow about, a Pat fan, a Denver fan and an Indy fan) all mocking me and my QB.

And I'm going to the Falcon game next week and will be surrounded by them.

Well at least Dan Patrick didn't call it the Buttfumble, but his 4 "highlights" of the Jets were Geno's 4 turnovers.

Dammit.

_

19. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

My impressions of Geno Smith....I was never a big fan of his, but this guy can throw a football. He is a QB that can lead Jets into the future. He can only get better with playing time & experience. I thought this was a positive game for him, minus the turnovers.

Jets have to put better talent around him & in front of him. Jets need pllaymakers on offense.

1-Jets need 2 starting WR's next season with size & speed. Kerley & Stephen Hill are decent back-up WR's. Santonio will be gone next year.

2-Jets need 2 RB's...Powell is a good 2nd or 3rd RB. Jets need a threatening feature RB. Will take alot of pressure off the QB.

3-OL needs to be improved, Ducasse is a back-up.

4-TE....Jets need a feature TE, TE's they have are all back-ups.

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Friend of mine/Seattle fan just gave me shit over it. Doesn't this happen to other teams??