47 yearJet fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by matt robinson 17, Sep 13, 2013.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Agree with you but Landry is horrible

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

They need to give Josh Cribbs a call again and make sure he's really done. I'd imagine Josh Cribbs with a pegleg would be better than Kyle Wilson in the return game.

If you're at the point where you don't bother putting a return man back for punts, you need to sign someone.

3. matt robinson 17

Wilson must have been watching Dave Meggett films from Afc championship game in 98

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It was pretty funny (in a sad and pathetic way) that the Jets' best punt returner by far was the Invisible Man. I've never seen a return man be that bad in every facet of the job (although I guess I should acknowledge that he didn't actually muff any punts).

I was very unimpressed with MM's playcalling. He put way too much on Smith's shoulders - this is a rookie QB who had limited preseason and was playing in his first NFL road game and second game overall in bad weather. You certainly don't put it all on his shoulders when he's stuck with receivers who can't catch the ball. I kept thinking Ivory had to be hurt - his complete lack of touches in the second half is inexplicable otherwise.

5. matt robinson 17

Ivory's absence was baffling, 6 yards a carry in 1st half

6. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I'd really like to hear Rex's explanation why the Jets didn't run the ball more considering the way the run game was successful and the passing game was not - especially considering the shitty weather conditions.

7. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Well said...

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That's being generous.

9. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

We could probably just wait two more weeks for Goodson to come back.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He's not going to just magically be the same guy before the injury. He needs to get re acclimated to the offense (a new offense that he hasn't had many snaps in). He made some great catches. :lol: at not trying. He caught every catchable ball thrown his way.

Geno threw more than 2 bad passes, which game were you watching??? Passes behind, releasing the ball late, missing open receivers, he looked like Sanchez 2.0 out there. There were a lot of drops, but the inaccuracy made a lot of those catches harder than they had to be.

Turnovers killed us again. I said it before, I don't care if Geno does absolutely nothing, we can win if we don't turn the ball over constantly. I think MM is being too aggressive with his passing. Too much pressure on the young kid. When the running game is averaging between 4 and 5 a carry, why not lean on it to take the pressure off, especially in a torrential downpour.

I also didn't give the Patriots defense any credit but they are becoming a formidable unit. With all the injuries they have, the defense came up big for them tonight.

#30 Barcs, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  11. sassquash

sassquash Member

Can you be head coach?

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'm still out on them. Davis looks great at LB, Harris although a good leader cannot play zone anymore.
    The front 4 look awesome and a good bedrock for years to come.
    Our secondary is pretty thin, outside of Cro, Walls, Allen and possibly Milliner (i'm not ready to give up on him yet).

I'd like to see some of those hurries translate to sacks. Interesting point made by one of the commentators, we blitz far less against the Pats than any other team, if true I wonder why?
    I'm so sick of those fricken short slants across the middle, how many years has that been killing us?

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Maybe I am missing something but Hill missed one high throw. What else didn't he catch?

He rescued Smith on his sideline underthrow or Smith would have had another sideline interception.

Powell dropped a pass that was behind him, holmes INT was behind him, Gates needs to make the end zone catch, his drop later on the sideline was a diving play, and he should have caught his deep ball. . The Pats had drops where Brady his guys right in the hands in perfect position. The Pats just didn't give the ball away 4 times and were able to return punts.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

getting cut from the Jaguars is usually a good indicator :sad:

15. matt robinson 17

I think he's even worse than his brother

16. matt robinson 17

What stinks is I sit in my living room and call the plays, 2nd and 10 handoff, 1 yard, setting up 3rd and 9, Pats 3rd and 8, hello Edelman on a slant with a lb covering him

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

His brother was fantastic for us last year.....confusing.

Geno had 2 bad throws? Ill assume the first one youre talking about is teh TD he missed to Powell down the sideline on our first possession? So that leaves one poor throw left....3 picks---so only 1 was a bad throw I guess? What are you talking about?

18. matt robinson 17

Read the sequel to this thread 47 year Ranger fan

19. matt robinson 17

I'll give you his brother was hit or miss, this guy just misses, even his int last week, he was 12 yards deeper than any receiver

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Stephen Hill, on SNY after the game:

"I thought I played very good tonight"

Are you KIDDING me?? LOST fucking cause. What the hell kind of receiver that has 2/3 costly drops and a devastating fumble, has the nerve to say he thought he played good.

Even sunny Ray Lucas was at a loss for words!