So, I heard that Jets fans are obsessed with the Patriots.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Sep 10, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

And just checked out the link, I'm honored we have a special thread there. I'm also surprised it's such a long thread. There really isn't much to talk about the Jets this past offseason, made a bunch of low key signings.

Also, my eyes. Love the minimalistic look these forums have.

2. John1234

John1234 New Member

Drew bled so much he needed a transfusion.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

IM quoting a banned guy? What the hell.

It always kills me what BB's career as HC would have been like without Brady....drives me crazy. Really drives me crazy.

Lets face it...we are coming up on a decade since their defense was very good...he is a defensive genius right? "BB defenses really screw with your mind!!" we hear all the time. While they do sometimes...stats wise they pretty much are never better than average.

If not for Brady....BB could easily play with himself knowing both hands have no rings on them.

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I think that he'd like to retire with Brady, but pride will definitely not allow that. If he bolted as soon as Brady retires then there would always be undertones that he knew he couldn't win without arguably the greatest player of his generation.

Personally, I hope that he does stay around, will make the beatings more enjoyable. (Not saying that those beatings will be handed out just by the NYJ's, Beli's pissed off a lot of people during the Pat's run.)

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Brady has to be pissed that he took a huge pay cut to provide cap space to keep his weapons and everyone of them left for another team, are injured, or in prison.

Speaking of Hernandez, I guess they won't be running the 'pistol' offense this year hahahaha.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

2018, Mehta Manish: "JETS BRING IN TOM BRADY FOR TRYOUT TO BACK UP GENO SMITH"

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Even we aren't corny enough to have a massive anti Pats thread. Shows the difference in class between Jets fans and Pats fans. Absolutely no class over there. I wonder if that thread will still be going strong when the Jets are 2-0?

8. Christian

Christian Active Member

You realize that making a thread like this reinforces their belief that Jets fans are obsessed with the Pats, right?

9. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I like the old-school Patriots player references. How about Larry Eisenhauer, who tackled a scrawny kiddie-show character on TV in the early 60s?

-----

Suddenly, Eisenhauer was overcome by his killer instinct. All he saw was an enemy player running for a touchdown. And he had to stop the enemy. Eisenhauer let out a terrifying roar and charged after the clown.

Poor Pablo. With his eyes as big as footballs, Pablo ran for his life but it was no contest. At about the five-yard line, Eisenhauer jumped on his back and squashed him. Boomed Eisenhauer, “Nobody gets across our goal line. Not even a clown!”

Pablo was buried in the turf, gasping for breath. The TV crew rushed to his aid. Then they turned and chastised Eisenhauer.

“I’m kind of ashamed of it now,” he [admitted]. “But I just couldn’t stand to see anybody score on us if there was a chance I could stop him. He was slow, so it wasn’t any trick catching him. I didn’t really hurt him. I just sort of jumped on his back. Why give the guy a free touchdown?"

------

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/archive/index.php/t-3850.html

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

lol

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Impressive for Junc at FH...

12. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Not built for January? I seem to recall them recently getting to 2 SB's and an AFC Championship game. Jets make it to 2 AFCCG and the fans blow their load.

13. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Make no mistake about it, last weeks gift win aside, the Jets are irrelevant now. They fire Rex after the season (does anyone doubt this?) and they start over with a new head coach. The D will decline because Rex is a D savant but he's not taking a demotion to D coordinator. The Jets are F'd for at least 3 more years. Mark my words.

14. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Didn't they go 11-5 without Brady and finish ahead of the Jets?

15. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I clicked on the link in the op and saw that goofy patriot guy appear across the top of my screen and I felt... icky.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Their were 2 players I always wanted on the Jets, Curtis Martin and Andre Tippett.
    That ends my 'obsession. /

I would have to say I'm more obsessed by the Phins, maybe its an age thing.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Nonsense. Rex stays barring a disaster season. I mean last year was Rex's ONLY losing season and it took major injuries to our 3 best players to do it. Don't believe the hype. Next week you'll be trailing the Jets in the division as Brady gets knocked on his ass multiple times. Believe that.

#77 Barcs, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I wasn' t going to respond to that, trolling :gpc:

19. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Could be true, it depends on how the Jets recent and future draft classes play out, if Coples doesn't develop into a double digit sack guy and Hill can't get his hand straightened out and Milliner never learns to turn his head around when the ball is up in the air, and Geno plays like Sanchez..... then yeah, maybe the Jets may suck for the next 3 years. However, the opposite could also happen, and the Jets may come back this year or next year and make the playoffs, riding a strong 3 years of drafting. Let's let the season play out and see what happens.

20. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Did the Patriots win the division that year? (No.)

One 11-5 season doesn't convince me that the Patriots would make the playoffs consistently without Brady. It doesn't erase the years Belichick has on his HC record prior to getting Brady (4 awful seasons with the Browns, one good season with the browns, and one lousy 5-11 season with the Patriots.) The alternative is to think that Belichick magically learned how to be a good HC at the same time he got a QB who immediately had a 90+ QBR, and any clear-thinking person would see that that's just ridiculous.