Pats @ Jets Where the game will be won or lost

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Sep 15, 2006.

1. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis New Member

I think the jury is still out on the Pats. They looked like ass in the 1st half last week but BB reminded them at halftime that even though it's the Bills, you still have to play with some desire.

The Pats will be good on defense this year, no doubt. Perhaps even great as Belichick's defense tends to get better as the year goes along. And they do have one of the best if not the best defensive lines in the game.

On the offensive side, we need some answers from the WRs because Brown and Caldwell as starting wides isn't going to scare anyone. Even if TB is slinging it. We have to hope that Gabriel and Chad Jackson are the real deal and FAST.

The Pats still have plenty to win the AFCE and then anything can happen. I'll take them in any playoff scenario with BB, TB and still a large group of vets who know how to win in January.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Is it fair to ask that we hold off on calling maroney big time? Im not ready to call bush big time after ONE GAME, so why should we call maroney big time....its ludicrous....he may turn out to be a hall of famer, but to call him big time right now is beyond comprehension

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The Pats have a slightly better defense than the Bengals, Colts and Broncos, but their offenses are significantly better. The Steelers and Ravens have slightly better defenses, and their offenses are at least as good. Barring a Plummer implosion, I don't see the Pats matching up well against any of those teams. Feel free to disagree, but unless you want to support your standing, don't bother responding.

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Mangini was in charge of the defense that got better as the year went along, and he's gone. And other than Seymour, the entire front 7 is suspect due either to advanced age or lack of experience, though I think Wilfork could turn out to be a fixture at NT.

5. Sean_in_titletown

I'm going out on a limb. what fun is there in waiting to jump on the bandwagon after it's way down the road....As for the Baltimore refence in a later post.... Are you really ready to annoint Baltimore as better than NE. Let me remind you who the Patritos receivers were when they won their first super Bowl. Troy Brown, David Patten and Fred Coleman. No relation to Walt coleman of tuck rule fame.

6. Sean_in_titletown

Adavanced age? Seymours the oldest at 26. That's not old. At least amongst the DT's. their lb's are getting a little long in the tooth..I agree

#26 Sean_in_titletown, Sep 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2005
  7. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis New Member

Seymour gets all the notoriety but Wilfork, Warren, Jarvis Green, Colvin, Vrabel are all solid, have multiple rings (experience) and age is not a problem.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm not ready to anniont anyone, which was my point. As far as your WR, in his day Troy Brown was as good as it gets. He was a great WR and one of the most reliable players in the league, not to mention a dam good punt returner.

9. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

Wow highlights....here's my rebuttal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAoic_faot8

10. Sean_in_titletown

Until he lines up under center for 50+ snaps a game than that highlight reel is irrelevant. Do you have any highlights of him playing baseball or hoops?

11. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

My point is any player can have outstanding college career highlights. Let's face it...when it comes to tackling, college players are downright aweful.

Don't get me wrong...Maroney is definitely a good back and is going to have an outstanding career barring any injury, but he is one player that can only do one thing...run.

Our rookie can catch, run and pass which makes his highlights extremely relevant.

Plus Maroney flips his hair like a girl too much.

12. Sean_in_titletown

I see your point. I was just being a wise ass....But seriously, when was the last time those run/pass/catch skilss translatd into anything substantial in teh NFL? An occaisional trick play from Randle El or Kordell back in the day? That's really the extent of it.

13. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

Absolutely, you can't go to the well too often. But the possibilty is always there and defenses have to be aware of it.

14. Green on Kauai

Green on Kauai New Member

...and he is leading the JETS. He knows the inner workings of the PATs D.
    Does that give us an edge??? BB and EM know each other so well, they will have to think outside the box. Coaching (playcalling) and execution will be the difference.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

This from insider..........

16. Sean_in_titletown

Word around NE has been that Mangini had his defense playcalling responsibilites taken away about midway through last year and that's when the defense improved....Belichick took over and that was that... charile Weiss also had his playcalling duties taken away from him by the Tuna and look how that turned out... It doesn't mean a whole lot but it's worth pointing out...

17. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I think pats fans are turning into yankees fans. They think they should win a championship every year

18. Green on Kauai

Green on Kauai New Member

Maybe better! EM 'knows' what BB may be thinking.
    But then again BB knows that EM thinks he knows what he is thinking, so he will do the opposite of what he thinks EM thinks he will be thinking.......:)

19. ButchWalker

ButchWalker New Member

I know I am stating the obvious here, but The Jets HAVE to establish some type of running game. Otherwise, the Pats can just drop lb's and db's, because their DL alone can wreck havic. If we can keep a balanced offense I think we have a real chance of winning this game. If we have no running ame, it could get ugly. Regardless, you who are going to be at the game, Yell like Hell!

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

That is a definate plus. What BB doesn't know is what potential flaws EM sees in BB gamebook and where to exploit them.