ESPN Blast: Tebow to sign with Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't buy that for a second. I bet they are infecting their forums as we speak.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I read a comment in a yahoo article that said something like, "it was written in the bible (verse included) that Tebow will take over the starting job and win a championship that Brady's ligaments are frail and weak." Part of this I tend to, have to, agree with. :up:

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Don't really spend much time on any Pats forums... but went to Patfans.com and patriotsplanet.com to check.

Nothing much on Tebow in patfans.com and one thread for the the Tebots in patriotsplanet. Even that thread has very few posts suggesting Tebow is an option over Brady. Just a couple of tongue in cheek suggestions...

4. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

And in that thread, the two resident Jets fans are pretty much stealing the show!

The local writers have been giving us an almost tongue-in-cheek "Tebow Time" report with each day's camp write-up. Usually appears at the end, right before the upcoming schedule of practices.

Maybe if the team didn't have so many other (football related) questions and other things going on (primarily the integration of an almost entirely new corps of pass-catchers), Tebow would be a bigger deal. Been quiet so far though. I do think he'll earn a roster spot as a 3rd QB and utility kind-of-guy.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

...This ought to give you guys a chuckle... He's been doing the personal protector on punts..

6. varjao

varjao Member

Luckly or not this whole Hernandezgate took off the attention so circus didn't stay in town for a long time.

I don't think he will make the roster as QB, if he gets to contribute on other areas well, then he will. It's not like the pats have 53 locks, you can risk 1 roster spot on a bet. It's a consensus between pats fans and media that they need to risk more like they used to, on managing the game, tricky plays, etc...they do everything by the book in an excellent level. But special packages is part of the game as well.

7. JetsVilma28

8. JetsVilma28

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We never really had a "bunch" of them either, honestly.

But you have to understand the sample. We have 14k members here, and we're talking global members for an entire team. But not all Jets fans registered here post regularly here. Likely not even a quarter of them.

Tebow is one player, and if you look at the membership boom when the Jets traded for him, you get a far better understanding of the numbers.

But the fan base of Tebow probably only has about twelve people that can actually understand the game of football, so there you are.

And I would guess that those same twelve people are registered and active on both of those Pats forums, and are praying to 6 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus that Brady has his knee turned backwards so that Lispbow gets a chance, to the glee of bleachers full of fans jingling milkjugs full of pennies, to save the day.

The regular season hasn't started.

And thus, neither has Tebowmania.

10. JetsVilma28

^ Imagine Brady getting knocked out of a game and than God forbid Mallet throws and INT....

..."Te-bow, Te-bow, Tebow!!"

11. abyzmul

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

hah - those clowns are STILL talking about the Steelers playoff game! Unreal!

Thank God they're gone from here!

14. abyzmul

The best part is that the Pasts fans were acting all friendly to the Tebots for weeks, and trying to act superior to Jets fans, then when they really understood how much Tebow really fucking sucks, the Tebots went into apologist overdrive and...

Welcome to Pleasantville!

15. JetsVilma28

the discussion goes from Tebow to politics almost instantly. amazing. truly.

16. abyzmul

I think I missed the politics part.

Was it about homosexuality?

17. JetsVilma28

The discussion is all over the place it's hard to keep up. "Distracted" is definitely a word that can be used to describe the Pats so far this season. Start at around post #781 it goes from what schools are teaching in the south to mention of the first gulf war, lots of bigots; I haven't hit homosexuals yet. This is a Tebow discussion of course so no subject is off limits.

18. abyzmul

That is a fantastic summary.

And when I say "fantastic", I don't mean "FAAABULOUS!!!!!".

I got kind of the same vibe, though.

Most of the posters there are trying to keep an even keel.

But ol' Demorrhea is in rare form. I think he is on a personal mission because he personally identifies with Tebow, thinks Tebow is a demigod, and thus considers Pats fans higher clerics. He wants his demigod to kill their god.

So he is all over that place.

It's funny as hell.

They may ban him before Tebow gets cut.

And it's he isn't cut...

OH FUCK YEAH.

I may register there just to egg on the fun.

We're talking one preseason game.

And they are 80 pages in three days. This is the battle of the magnacunts.

The biggest shithead NFL fans against the biggest shithead manfans.

They both laugh at Jets fans. I think we can viral this shit of it gets good.

Enjoy the cool in the shade of this upcoming happiness.

19. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

So in other words, there has been no circus whatsoever in New England despite the presence of the "most controversial football player in NFL history."

Which again just proves that when you have someone in charge with a maturity level above 8th grade, who actually knows and cares about running a professional franchise, you can manage "drama." Tebow and a murder suspect and yet we see no coverage of "madness!!!" or "mania!!" at Pats camp. No non-stop coverage on ESPN or calls that the circus has come to town. No "legions" of Tebow fans at camp waiting for that first Brady pick.

It's nite and day from Jets camp last year as I knew it would be.

And now we have fans from this forum going to Pats forums just to read more about the guy they couldn't wait to see gone!! Lol. Too funny.