Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This will be the Junc response -

"Those rankings, stats, etc mean nothing. You need to add context. I'm not going to actually add any context though. I know we can win big with Mark. I am smarter and better than you in every single way. The hell with everything else. If I think Mark is a good QB then he is, because simply put - I'm not dumb like you."

2. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Saw him up close on Saturday and the guy is just shot. Mccelroy has a better presence on the field and looks to be more confident.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

GMac is going to make a very servicable B/U.

4. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Agreed. He's thin- but he's actually in good shape and looks bigger than last year. His arm is weak, but you know if you put him in the game he can make the correct reads and deliver a pass to the open guy.

5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

McElroy is having a good camp. He's not being talked about being "the other QB" but he's looked very comfortable in this offense, albeit against the 2s and 3s mostly..

Looking forward to see him in action in preseason. I'll say something about the kid, he's tough. The backup lineman are horrendous and he stands in there unfazed.

He's a great guy to have as a backup QB. He doesn't get rattled under pressure. Smart, protects the football, knows his role. I hope he's on this team for a long time, even if he never gets to start a game again like last year.

7. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

I havent commented on Sanchez much lately but I do think this, the problem isnt that we dont have faith in him, its the fact that, from what we are hearing, is that his teammates and coaches arent 100% behind this VETERAN. That tells me all I need to know. A veteran with playoff experience and several years under his belt shouldnt be equal with a second round rookie. PERIOD. The veterans arent all behind him as a whole. JUNC and Hobbes can say their points, and some are good, but you solve problems piece by piece.......Sanchez is the next expendable piece unfortunately for some.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's not about football, it's about being a human being, being fair to people. I don't judge based on practice #s but it is comical how when he has what look to be good #s they are ignored but if he throws a pick or something happens then they tell us everything. It's sad, for "fans" to boo at a scrimmage- how does that help our team?

If people were paying attention all offseason I have said over and over and over again that Sanchez may be done here so I realized this a long time ago. I have also said over and over and over again that if geno is ready he is starting regardless of what sanchez does. The organization ants to move on, that doesn't mean it is right. obviously teams give up on players too early at times and too late at others.

9. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

And dont forget "your all just average fans"! :lol:

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

That's fair.

But you're one of his biggest apologists, and you make excuse after excuse for his poor performances, much like you did with Pennington when you were a Stage 5 clinger, while many people on here could see it was time to move.

Ultimately, Pennington was a castoff and didn't really do much afterward. And when that happened, I don't recall saying to you that the people in your life probably suffer from your personality/opinions because you were too blind to look forward and see Chad for what he really was at that point.

You're pulling almost the same shit now with Sanchez, that you pulled with Herm & Chad -- blind loyalty which is probably rooted in your own personal sentimentality.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hobbes is way better at backpedaling than you.

At least he realizes that there's a search function here.

12. nyjunc

I listed team accomplishments b/c that is what this game is about- TEAM wins and losses. you don't win as much as we have w/ a bad player at the most important position on the field.

Let's talk about 2009:

I have said many times before he was carried a but in that regular season, he was a raw rookie and we had a very good(not great) D and a very good run game. The #s show the D was great and the run game was great but let's look at them a little closer.

week 1: rush yds, 190. Look's great on paper. The Jets built a 17-0 lead in the 4th qtr. Our workhorse Thomas Jones had 14 carries for 15 yds at that point. w/ the game in hand he busted off 2 long runs, one for 38 and one for 39. #s look great but we won w/ great D #1 and the pass game #2 w/ a sprinkling in of some nice Leon runs but everyone sees 190 yds and it must have been the ground game carrying us.

week 2 in a low scoring defensive struggle. Leon and Jones average 4 YPC which is nice. we went into the LR trailing 9-3. Opening possession of 2nd half, Sanchez to Cotch for 45 down to NE 11, after 2 yd gain to NE 9 mark hits Keller on 2nd and 8 from the 9 and we take the lead for the first time 10-9.

Next FG drive was mix of run and pass, final FG drive to put us up a TD we started out w/ a 1st and 17 after a penalty. we had 51 pass yds, 14 rush yds but we didn't have a huge game through the air and averaged 4 YPC so the ground game mist have carried us.

week 3 we only had 66 yds our of Leon and Jones. On 1st TD drive we passed for 50, RBs ran for 9 yds and Sanchez finished drive w/ 14 yd TD run. Next Td was set up by STs TO. 14-0 lead. Ten eventually pulled ahead 17-14. The TD drive to put us ahead was again helped by a STs TO but we completed 2 passes for 35 yds and had 2 runs for 2 yds. Final FG to put us up a TD was set up by 46 yd pass play.

3 games, 3-0 record and while our D was playing great on O we were doing it through the air.

2 games skewed our rush #s that year.

vs. Buf(where mark was horrible which gives us the perception he ground game carried him all year) and at Oak where in back to back weeks we ran it for 634 yds, 23% of our total for the year.

Game 4: D played really well, Mark stunk against a playmaking defense on the road against what would turn out to be the best D in football.

Game 5 at Mia: we lost 31-27. TWICE in the 4th qtr our O gave our D a lead, TWICE the D blew it. leon and Jones averaged 3.6 YPC for the game. On the two TD drives in the 4th to give us leads: Immediately after Miami scored to take 17-13 lead Sanchez goes for 53 to Clowney then 34 for Braylon(which was a TD and called down at the one) as we went up 20-17. later on down 24-20 in the 4th a long PI set up the go ahead score so again it was the pass game doing everything. of course the D allowed Miami to go 70 yds and score w/ seconds left so the O had no chance to come back.

Game 6 vs. Buf: Mark sucked, cost us the game, run game was great.

game 7 at Oak: D set tone early w/ TOs. marl never had to do much b/c D was great and run game was great.

Game 8 vs. Miami: D was good most of game, STs killed us w/ back to back KR TDs. after we took 6-3 lead Miami returned kick for TD to make it 10-6, then Greene fumbled for a Td and we were down 17-6, then after muffed punt we score to make it 17-13, then Miami returns K for 24-13 lead. sanchez and O come right back w/ 2 passes for 72 yds and it was 24-19 after 2 pter fails. D allows Miami to go right down the field and take 30-19 lead, O comes right back on 3 pass plays for 64 yds for TD. we get to the Miami 8 w/ a chance to win and failed but we had a chance b/c of the pass game.

Game 9 vs. Jax: Green and Jones average under 3.7 YPC. we fall behind 21-10, get FG to end half trailing 21-13. On drive 45 yds through air, 8 on ground. FG that makes it 21-16: 45 yds through air, 8 yds from Greene/Jones. On TD drive to take lead we were balanced, leaning more towards run but O gave us 22-21 lead w/ 5 mins left. D allows jax to kick GW FG w/ no time left.

Game 11 at NE: Mark stunk, D was mediocre. Jones' #s looked good but had 4 carries for 38 yds in garbage time to skew #s.

Game 12 vs. Car. D played great, O was balanced w/ run and pass. Greene and Jones averaged less than 3.2 YPC. Feeley missed long FG, Greene fumbled deep in car territory, Keller fumbled what would have been a TD. #s didn't look good but w/o those plays we crush Car and everyone says how good Mark played.

Game 13 at Buf(Toronto): had beautiful bomb to Edwards that famously went off his facemask. team was up 16-10 in 3rd when he left b/c of injury.

Game 14 at TB: DNP

Game 15 at Indy: struggled against best team in AFC but didn't make big mistake as D and STs kept us close until Indy starters wer removed.

Game 16 vs. Cincy: we dominated as a team from beginning. Had TD taken away on screen when it was deemed slightly behind and called a run.

Cumulative #s LOOK like D was great all year and we had great run game but when you pull back and actually look at the games rather than just stat sheets you see how important he was. The D was #1, the run game was #2 but wo his play we don't get anywhere near as far as we did.

2010 he was much better, I'll break that year down later as he wasn't # that year, he and the pass game were #2 or #1 much of the year despite the #s.

13. nyjunc

I don't make excuses, I discuss reality. It is the folks bashing him making the excuses blaming him for everything and not giving him any credit just like Chad and just like Herm.

Pennington took a 1 win team and won a div title the next year when we couldn't even win 10 games w/ a future HOF QB. His career didn't last b/c of injuries but when healthy he was a very good QB.

I don't backpedal. I demolish weak arguments such as folks doing nothing but posting stats/rankings w/o context.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

didnt chad win 11 games only because he had a terribly weak schedule and tom brady got hurt?

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i sure do wish i had the time to go back and read the game logs. wait no i dont, thats not fun or interesting.

anyway although you have to get credit for putting in so much effort it still doesnt explain why sanchez doesnt put the ball where it needs to be. valiant effort though.

16. nyjunc

That helped w/o a doubt as did the emergence of the WC but he took over a tam that won ONE game in 2007 and led them to 11 and a div title in 2008. if we keep Chad we win the division in 2008 instead we went for the bigger name/bigger numbers guy and failed to even make the playoffs.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

interesting.....

i remember in 2009 - i got that impression from MS after/during a couple of the losses that year and the same in 2010 but of course those impressions were masked over by the teams success and his ability to make plays, at times, when needed.

in fact i think i posted somewhere in 2010 or 2011 that his career may evolve similar to ken obriens - some early success and then the wall is hit.

quite unfortunate.....lets see if he can pull a rabbit out of his helmet. my bet is no.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

In the end, that Division Title meant next to nothing. Chad didn't have the arm/ability to make tough throws; and he never went any further than the 2nd Round -- that's nothing to brag about or cling to (but maybe it is for you, personally).

And when people pointed out Chad's shortcomings and flaws, and when they wanted to move on from him, all you did was make excuses (e.g. injuries) while dwelling on some positives (e.g. remember that "bomb" to Santana?). As it turned out, Chad left and never accomplished much, other than that Division title right before he faded away for good.
    (FTR, I love Chad; but I'm calling it how it is now.)

It seems like you have the same schtick with Sanchez: make excuses and dwell on some positives, when it's becoming increasingly evident that it's time to move on from him.

19. nyjunc

we have 2 AFC East titles in our history(one led by Chad by the way) so it wouldn't have meant nothing for us and that's Miami's ONLY playoff app since 2002. It didn't mean nothing for them.

I don't make excuses, I deal in reality. I understand shortcomings, I understood Chad's flaws and I understand mark's. I don't pretend they are perfect but I also don't blame every loss on them and pretend like we won in spite of them.

The only ones making excuses are the ones making up reasons why we won and not including mark among those reasons.

20. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Man, I don't know. I don't see it. He's made his money so far. His predeccesor Matt Leinart has a cushy gig as a backup- no stress, get paid. It honestly looks like Sanchez wants that. Even though he didn't play well well a rookie, there was at least a cocky edge to him. He doesn't have that anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.