The Chad Pennington Appreciation Thread - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MisterMoss, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

lets give some credit to dbrick please, did anybody notice he played one hell of a game yesterday. Hats off to the oline and thier great protection.

2. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Your QB still sucks. Get ready he will be hurt by week 5

3. Tight

Tight Active Member

your trolling now, you shouldnt make it to the end of the day.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Bryce. . . . that's a pretty name.

5. ROCKJET

ROCKJET New Member

i really miss those sideway flares to richie anderson.

you know the ones.

the ones for no gain!

great offensive ball passplay calling!

ps...did anyone see a draw on 3rd and long??????? hahahahahahahahahahah

mike

6. baamf

baamf Active Member

:rofl: :smile: :rofl:

7. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

My everyday life has been the Chad appreciation thread, I never once doubted him. He still has to last 16 games, but as long as he is out there, we have a chance to win. Was great to watch him play like his pre-injured self again, soo much fun.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It's amazing how people like you and Champ who CLAIM to be Jet fans can't even enjoy a win like this. Instead, you revert to your predictions of doom and take more pleasure in correctly predicting Jet failures than you do in Jet victories. There is something very very wrong about that. Do you get that much enjoyment from being miserable? Do you watch the weather channel hoping for hurricanes and tornados? Why you can't just admit that, one game or not, you were dead wrong about Pennington. And why can't you admit that it's nice to win game one on the road for a change rather than play this "wait until we play we play the good teams" attitude. I think you should drop your green and white and just root for one of those "good teams" instead. In reality, you already are.

9. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

amen to that Joe Willie!!

10. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

rich eisen, on nfl.com, appreciates chad....

Chad no longer hanging -- Congratulations to Chad Pennington, who very few people gave a chance at making a successful return from a second shoulder surgery and, even though there are 15 more games to go in '06, the early returns could not be more encouraging. Pennington threw for a league-leading 319 yards in Week 1, more than Carson Palmer, more than Tom Brady, more than either Manning, more than anybody. And Pennington's trademark accuracy seemed no worse the wear. This, from a guy who wasn't even named the starter of his own team until two weeks ago. To his credit, Pennington took a salary cut to stay on board with a completely new head coach, whose first order of business was to make him compete for his professional life against Brooks Bollinger, Patrick Ramsey and a guy fresh out of Oregon in Kellen Clemens. Through it all, no one heard a single complaint. Pennington realized, if you will, the reality. "It would be different if I weren't coming off of two surgeries," Pennington told us on Jets Cam on NFL Total Access back in early August, two weeks before Eric Mangini finally gave Pennington the official nod. When his chance to finally put up arrived, Pennington did just that against the Titans with all of New York and Tennessee and Ian Eagle and Solomon Wilcots watching. (More on that later.) But, again, kudos to Pennington, who has one big Week 2 stage on which to conduct his second act -- the Jets' home opener against Mangini's former team and mentor with an early outright lead of the AFC East at stake.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's funny, he doesn't mention how Tom Brady fumbled on a blitz on his very first snap of the season. Because it doesn't figure into his rationale.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I loved seeing Chad blocking for Brad Smith on the reverse, it really shows he's not afraid of getting hurt again.

13. abyzmul

I think Chad's main problem is that he has never been afraid of getting hurt. I actually cheered on Sunday when he slid instead of diving for extra yardage.

14. Denny

Denny Active Member

I apprecite him as long as he's in there doing what he does best. As long as he's healthy as well. I mean, we all love Chad when he succeeds. He's a great story but also somewhat of an underdog.

I loved him when he first came on and we had a dream season. But soon after you saw his weaknesses. And everybody capatalized. He needs protection and guys that can create space. He got that this past week against the not so Titans.

I'll be nervous all season, period. I won't get my hopes up. Every team will be gunning for that shoulder. And everytime they hit him you have to ask yourself will he get up? Every game he will at least get hit once for roughing the QB and they will raise their hands up like it was a mistake. He's a marked man.

More power to ya Chad, your gonna need it. And if you do make it through the season and even get us in the plyoffs or get our respect back, thanks in advance.

#114 Denny, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  15. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Please somebody name me a QB that doesn't need protection. As for the neeed for guys that can create space, Pennington was threading the needle quite a bit on Sunday. He didn't complete 23 passes to wide open receivers.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

And naturally, when they are out there looking to hit and be hit, they are probably less likely to get hurt than if they were trying to avoid the hits to avoid injuries. Murphy's law or something rather... :jets:

17. abyzmul

I'm not advocating fear of injury really, more like discipline to avoid it. It's just common sense to make sure your QB has it drilled into his head that diving head-first into defenders is not the thing to do.

18. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

There's definately a balance to be struck, you don't want your QB going the O'Brien way either and getting happy feet in the pocket and curling into a ball when a defender comes near.

19. ButchWalker

ButchWalker New Member

I am so fired up about Chad last week. I think it is funny that people label Chad injury prone. I dont think he is injury prone at all, I just think he has been very unlucky. I think injury prone is tweaking a hammy every other week, pulling muscles, and things of that nature. Chad's injuries have been just freaking bad luck. If the biggest QB in the league, lets say Culpepper or Rothlisnotburger, was to get their arm bent all the way back the way Chad did or fall on their shoulder like Chad did, would they not get hurt as well??? If there is enough strain on a muscle, tendon, or a ligament, it is going to snap. Chad has been just unlucky in the past and hopefully now it is his time to shine. No one, and I mean no one, deserves it more than Chad.

20. Denny

Denny Active Member

What I mean is time in the pocket. Not getting his but drilled almost every down. The line has yet to be tested to full capacity. I'm not trying to down play his performance on Sunday. He was the best at his position in the whole NFL on the 10th. He was thinking very quickly and getting rid of the ball. And with more time at the line of scrimage he was able to do things we hadn't seen before. Chad is a pro for sure.

Quote: "He didn't complete 23 passes to wide open receivers."

I will be sold if he pulls that off against a top 10 defense. Trust me, I wanna eat crow.

:jets: