Projection for Jeremy Kerley

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Dirty6Sanchez, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Thanks man! I'm really glad people are getting something out of it. I was hesitant to post it at first because RotoViz is a fantasy site, but I figured that fantasy point production= in-game production so it's still applicable to general football talk.

I think we could see 1,000 yds and somewhere between 6-8 TDs from Kerley this season if MM can get something out of Geno or Sanchez, which I think he will.

2. G_know4Pres

G_know4Pres Banned

I think the Holmes contract angers me almost as much as the Sanchez one. I mean, Tone has come up with some big plays don't get me wrong, but he might be the most overpaid WR in the league.

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I love your grudge with Holmes. I feel the same. :beer:

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Tanny did such a poor job after the 2010-2011 season. He thought he hit a home run with Plax and allowed us to start a season with Wayne Hunter starting RT. But the biggest crime was snubbing Braylon, paying Holmes upfront and, not sure if it was Rex/Tanny decision to name Holmes "captain". That was laughable; there is no leadership in "uno cero" just another crybaby, diva, punk ass, bum "receiver."

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

When you grow up watching Johnson, Chrebet, Moss, Cotchery, Coles; players with work ethic that fight for every yard on the field, put team before themselves, it's really hard to be enamored by a player like Holmes. Holmes has had some Big catches, but he has been wayy more of a headache than instrumental part of the team. I look forward to the day he is no longer a member of the Jets.

6. BleedingGangGreen

He's the closest thing we've had to Santana Moss, since Santana Moss himself. Kid is a playmaker. Not scared of contact either. As far as projections go, all depends on health. If healthy, kid can put up (close to) all-pro numbers. His ability to get open is that good. As a rookie put up 29 receptions for 314 yards and 1 TD. As a second year player last season stepped up with 56 receptions, 827 yards and 2 TD's. This year, I'll say 82 receptions as our go to receiver with 1,200 receiving yards and 11 TD's. Haven't been this high on a 3rd year wide out since Chrebet, Moss and Coles. Kid is gonna be a good one.

7. BleedingGangGreen

I do believe it's up to our front office to put this kid in best position for success. Which is as a natural slot receiver. Which is why, in my eyes it's important to sign Braylon Edwards. Have Edwards and Hill on the outside until Holmes returns with Kerley working the slot alongside Winslow Jr. who's working the middle of the field.

Quarterback will remain a concern until proven otherwise, but our offense does have some potential/ability especially with a Braylon addition. Younger RB's as well. From time to time we could go 4 wide with a TE featuring Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Edwards and Winslow Jr.

Weapons...

8. Dirty6Sanchez

I love Braylon as much as the next guy but I think he's done. Lost a lot of speed.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It all depends, on Marty using the Slot guy like NE does.

If Kerley was a FA, the pats wouldnt have signed Amendola.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Can we please take Kerley off of PR duties. Dude fair caught more times than anyone I have ever seen.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have been FC heavy on punt returns for several years now. The last punt returner who actually tried to make something out of most returns was Jerrico Cotchery and he was an emergency returner covering for other people.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't know if Kerley is more explosive then Holmes. It's definitely close and Kerley's route running has become more and more fluid by the season. Kerley should of been Holmes replacement. I can't wait for the day Holmes is gone from this team as well.

13. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Every time he is back there returning punts I hold my breath. Never forget when that bad boy bounced off his face mask. I don't 100% trust him back there... I liked when Leonard returned punts.. Granted he was only getting like 10-15 yards if that, but we always knew he was going to catch it and secure the ball.

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Holmes, the team cancer...

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

16. Dirty6Sanchez

17. Green_Blood

Green_Blood New Member

I

like him alot in fantasy. Hes got big play potential and not really to many other wrs around him. If, that is, there is someone to throw him the ball.

18. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member