I have simple expectations but high hopes for the Jets this year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, May 27, 2013.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OTAs are here and training camp is just around the corner. I'm getting pumped about the Jets this season, perhaps more so than in years past. Many of you are probably thinking "Are you nuts?" but my enthusiasm stems from a different perspective.

1- I know going in that we are no Super Bowl contender, not close, but we are not the dredge of the NFL that many would lead you to believe. I'm not, for once, looking for and expecting a plaoff season but rather a glimpse into the future. Are we going in the right direction? Are the current nucleus of youngsters good enough to build on? Are we competitive?

2-God, I'm simply tired of the Sanchez sucks and Geno is a diva media news and discussion. I'm ready for some XXX and OOOs and some real Football news on the ENTIRE TEAM

3- Can't wait to see this year draft picks in action. Even more so I'm pumped about the possibility that one or two undrafted rookies makes the team. I'm hungry for a story where the underdog wins out and becomes a star, not the story of a player with a bright future that wastes his time and energy getting drunk and smoking pot.

4- I'm rooting for the likes of Hayden Smith, Zach Rodgers, Mark Popek and Troy Davis, and other no -household names who will give it all to make the roster.

5- I'm anxious to see our receiving corps, new OL and our structured running game in the WCO

6- Above all, I'm am dying to see who our QB will be. What a pivotal time for the organization. Do we have our QB of the future or will we have to look at future drafts for our QB?

7- No matter what, I will root for every single Jet player to do well and help this team win. I will continue to dismiss all talk of a circus and focus on the positive. God knows the media will take care of the negative. I'm banking on our GM to put a major touch of professionalism on this team.

8-Lastly, I'm looking forward to a season that will leave us with SOMETHING LASTING FOR A CHANGE. THE HOPE AND CONFIDENCE that this time we are going in the right direction and building success for the long haul.

This season cannot come soon enough

Happy Memorial Day to all

2. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Well said - 100% right!

We know we are not going to the playoffs but hopefully we can have a productive season and find some diamonds in the rough out there.

3. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Well said!!!!!

4. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Playoffs!?!? Playoffs!?!?.....Hell yes PLAYOFFS!!!

5. Megadyptes

Megadyptes New Member

Well said! I'm really rooting for the "no name" guys this year

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Can't say it won't happen - even though it's better to expect it won't happen, for your own sanity.

That thing is, Sanchez actually turning into something more useful than the horse manure that he is. Let's see how good Mornhinweg actually is. (His track record does say he is as good as advertised.)

Another thing I want to see: Kerley and Rogers emerging as slot receivers. (That will essentially signal the end for Holmes.) Rogers is known to be able to split out wide, so if Rogers is actually as good as he looked with Vols, then Jets have something to build on. With one WCO RB, Kerley, Hill and Rogers, Jets O is 1 TE away.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

4 wins before the bye. With our softish schedule before 'murder's row' we can actually get that. If we get 4 wins before the bye, we can make the playoffs.

If Sanchez starts, I'll be disappointed, but I'll root for him to prove me wrong

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Great post! The NY Jets are young again. It'll be great fun seeing how they grow.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Nice post, I agree w/u its always fun watching young guys develop and take a step forward. The cinderella story of course would be if Sanchez excels in the MM WCO and plays the best football of his career and we get to watch the haters freak out. : )

10. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

More posts like this, please!
    Well said, and I'm also more excited this upcoming season than previous ones for the same reasons.

I rather see us showing promise of what's to come and lose, than win now because of some veterans edging games out.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I recall all the doom and gloom at the end of last season with so many starters bailing out, Sanchez turmoil, Tebow turmoil, Tanny getting fired and no GM wanting the job...etc etc etc.

Idzik has brought us a long way in a very short period of time. Yes! We do have things to look forward to this season....even if Mark starts he can't play as bad as last year and with Santonio coming back and Hill another year smarter and Rex revving up the D and some new, serious blood on the O-Line there will be a lot of good games to watch....all this after Idzik's first off season. Go Jets!

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think we're gonna exceed expectations this season.

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm also looking forward to some football. I have been pretty negative this offseason (in my defence: not without cause) but I usually get those stirrings of hope and cautious optimism around this time of year. Obviously expectations will have to be tempered this year, personally I don't even expect us to make the playoffs. Not finishing last in the division would be a reasonable expectation IMO.

But, yes, even if we are bad this year I'd rather be bad with a young core who are learning together. I don't think Geno is the guy but I hope he proves me wrong, takes over the starting position around the bye week (if no season opener) and plays killer so we don't have to draft a QB with a high pick next year. Our defence should be relatively set (except at safety) for a number of years so we can really focus on offense next year and then maybe next year or the year after we'll have a pretty solid team and we can make a decent run at things.

But lots can happen: injuries, contract holdouts, firings, trades, etc. So we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I want to know if we're wearing those Titan uniforms this year.

Bleech...those things suck.

15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Great post OP! I can't wait for the season to start!

I can't wait to see who gets the nod at QB. How our 2 first round rookies pan out. Finally, how our young WR core develops.

Should be an interesting off-season, that's for sure.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"Bring your kids to see our kids."

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

We don't have high expectations but I'll never write off anything...this is th NFL you just never know.

Love this thread btw

18. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Takes more than a year to make a complete turn-around, and now we're seeing how much we're moving in the right direction. Definitely gonna be interesting.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Great upbeat post OP.

Hope Milliner's shoulder mends and he succeeds as well as can be expected in the post-Revis spotlight. Will Demario Davis step up? Will Rontez Miles become a special teams beast? The O line? What (and where) of Coples and Richardson? The QBs? The WRs? Will Joe McKnight "die trying" or actually take it up a notch (and knock off the fumbling)? Still some holes and question marks, but here's hoping this is moving in the right direction .... and here's hoping that this year's media darlings, the Miami Dolphins turn out to be overrated pumpkins just like last year's media darlings, the Buffalo Bills.

#19 joe, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I just want to see progress. Not sure what that's going to look like but I'll know it when I see it. No playoffs? No problem. Just no backsliding.