Randy Lange: A snapshot of the Jets 15 undrafted free agents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vegaskarl, May 1, 2013.

1. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

2. pender30

pender30 Member

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Out of all the crops, I like the OL prospects a lot. Especially that Freeman kid. He does seem somewhat light, but given proper coaching with enough time, he should prove serviceable.

4. Jetsfan 128099

Really think Rogers and Spadola could help this offense.
    Spadola definitely has the hands were looking for after catching
    232 passes. Mike Shanahan could also be another sleeper.

5. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

I gotta root for Ryan Spadola, fellow Lehigh guy. I guess I have a reason to watch the preseason games now, haha.

6. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I really think Shanahan and Miles have a great chance to contribute pretty quickly, in some capacity, based on the dearth of talent at those particular positions.

I'm not as high on Rodgers as others. It's pretty easy to get open with that sort of speed on the outside. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I think a lot of what people love about him is his resemblance to Wes Welker.

-X-

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

One of these guys at least will make the 53 man roster... wonder who it'll be... maybe Rontez Miles? Or the C from Clemson in place of Schlauderaff.

I hope one of the TEs or the WRs really shines... god knows how much hep we need there. Maybe Rogers can become Cotchery 2.0.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Rogers would probably be a slot reciever on the team so he'd be up mostly against LB's and Safeties or a nickleback. In other words he wouldn't be up against the #1 or #2 coverman most of the time, especially early in his career.

I think Davis has a legit shot at making the 53 man as a Special teams player and linebacker depth given the dearth of depth at OLB.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think Mike Shanahan will make the roster based on lack of talent at the position.

I'll be pulling for Spadola, he is from Freehold, NJ (although it says Howell) he played football at Freehold Township (which is not the same high school Bruce Springsteen attended) but from what I understand he was quite the accomplished track athlete in high school too.

Thanks for posting this Karl... excellent information.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I hope the Jersey guy makes the team

11. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Thanks for posting. I actually like the UDFA's. I believe that several of them can really contribute to the success of this team. I like Rogers like most of you and the kid from Bethune Cookman. I like the center and the TE from Pitt.

12. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

From what I read, some teams had a 6th/7th round grade on Spadola, so it was a surprise to see him not drafted. With thin depth at the WR position, hopefully he sticks.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He's really small for an NFL lineman these days. He played at around 285 this past season. Does not play with much power and can get pushed back by the bigger interior defensive lineman.